Skip to content

[Mod] Oozelord Cleric Kit

DracoqwertyDracoqwerty Member Posts: 36
edited July 2021 in BG:EE Mods
This is my first mod, and it adds a new cleric kit, the Oozelord, to Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition or Baldur's Gate 2 Enhanced Edition. This is inspired in part by the Slime Lord prestige class from Pathfinder.
It seems to be 2.6 Compatible with no changes - Ooze Shield has been fixed to work

Download Link (Github) Kit Description
OOZELORD
Followers of Ghaunadaur, Zargon, or Juiblex are uncommon but not unheard of among humanoids. Especially devout followers become oozelords, doing their best to ensure the dominance of slime and ooze on the Material Plane.
Hit Die d8
Advantages
-May cast Summon Ooze I once per day. Gains one use at level 1 and an additional use at level 3, 5, 7, and 9.
-May cast Summon Ooze II once per day starting at level 3. Gains an additional use at level 5, 7, 9, and 11.
-May cast Summon Ooze III once per day starting at level 5. Gains an additional use at level 7, 9, 11, and 13.
-May cast Summon Ooze IV once per day starting at level 7. Gains an additional use at level 9, 11, 13, and 15.
-May cast Summon Ooze V once per day starting at level 9. Gains an additional use at level 11, 13, 15, and 17.
-May cast Summon Ooze VI once per day starting at level 11. Gains an additional use at level 13, 15, 17, and 19.
-May cast Summon Ooze VII once per day starting at level 14. Gains an additional use at level 16, 18, 20, and 22.
-May cast Summon Ooze VIII once per day starting at level 15. Gains an additional use at level 17, 19, 21, and 23.
-May cast Summon Ooze IX once per day starting at level 17. Gains an additional use at level 19, 21, 23, and 25.
-May cast Ooze Projection once per day at level 1. Gains an additional use at level 5 and an additional use every 5 levels.
-Ooze Projection The Oozelord throws a glob of caustic ooze at one target, dealing 2d6 acid damage per 5 levels.
-May cast Ooze Shield once per day starting at level 10.
Gains an additional use every 10 levels.
-Ooze Shield Identical to Fireshield, but provides acid resistance and reprises with acid and lasts 2 turns.
-At level 15, melds halfway with an Ooze and gains many
of the immunities of an ooze, but does not gain magic
resistance.
-Gains unique High Level Abilities.
Disadvantages
-Thanks to his or her revolting meld with ooze, the
oozelord takes a -8 penalty to Charisma.
-Loses all Cure and Cause wounds spells.
-Alignment restricted to True Neutral, Chaotic Neutral,
Neutral Evil, or Chaotic Evil.~
Note 1: This mod also makes oozes immune to Intelligence and Constitution drain because the two sources of that - vampire blood drain from SCS and mind flayer brain devouring from the base game - rely on body parts that oozes lack completely. It does this by replacing ring95.itm with a copy with these abilities added, so this component will fail if another mod later replaces ring95. This notably should work with aTweaks's component "Prevent skeletal undead from being affected by Illithids' Devour Brain attack" as aTweaks patches ring95 rather than replacing it (assuming I'm understanding WeiDu correctly).
Note 2: There are three different installation steps as of right now, if anyone is able to tell me how to reduce that to one step I would appreciate it. All or none of the steps should be installed, otherwise some strange behavior could occur and possible game crashes as a result of invalid spells/items/creatures.
Note 3: This mod works with Better Stat Drain by @semiticgoddess available here. (Better Stat Drain (Beamdog Forums)) and this can be helpful for BG2EE as Summon Ooze VIII and IX summon creatures that can drain abilities.
Let me know what you think as far as the balance of the kit; preliminary testing has revealed that the BGEE level oozes summoned, though tanky, still die relatively fast due to their high AC and also don't do much damage due to their low APR and relatively low THAC0.
Changelog
Update 1.2:Hopefully fixed HLA table, fixed non-oozelords getting oozelord spells, fixed oozelords not getting Summon Ooze VIII or IX at all (hopefully) thanks to a copy/paste error in 2DA, fixed Infernal Conflagration Oozes being invisible all the time. Fixed oozelords not losing Cause Light Wounds in BG2EE. Fixed broken HLA table completely (again), adjusted Ooze Aspect so that it doesn't turn the caster into a ghost (I thought that the animation file titled lagoon creature would not just be a boring ghost).
Update 1.3: Fixed Infernal Conflagration Oozes, Ochre Jellies, and Mustard Jellies not attacking, made Infernal Conflagration Oozes actually do fire damage with their attacks.
Update 1.4: Unified the BGEE and BG2EE branches of the mod, ensured EET compatibility
Update 1.4.2: Ensured that the mod works with V2.6 and fixed Ooze Shield not working
File titled: win-OozelordKit-v1.4.2 is the one that is the newest
Post edited by Dracoqwerty on
semiticgoddessGusindaSharGuidesMyHand

Comments

• EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    What version should we use for EET? Is this mod EET compatible?
  • DracoqwertyDracoqwerty Member Posts: 36
    Endarire wrote: »
    What version should we use for EET? Is this mod EET compatible?
    Based on the current EET mod compatibility list, I would install the BG2EE version on EET after installing the EET main component (which merges the two folders). Please let me know if when you try this you don’t lose certain cure/cause wounds spells after leveling, if so I might have to make a separate EET version. As of right now, I would say that this mod is probably compatible with EET, but I haven’t done testing on it yet.
    Yep @Endarire I checked through that. No part of the mod has a check to check if it is bg2ee/bgee etc other than the 25STWEAP SOD check, and it doesn't affect any journal entries and does its best to not mess with dialogue strings (via the RESOLVE_STR_REF WeiDu method) so it should work just fine on EET.
    Draco
    edited October 2020
    Thankee!

May we also have these uploaded to GitHub where they're more likely to be discovered and used? I recommend talking with jastey or GwendolyneFreddy of SHSforums.com or Gibberlings3.net/forums to upload your kits there.

Also, what about using the EET auto converter mod so that you have one mod compatible with EET from level 1 to 30+? It seemed strange to me that there were two kit versions, one for each BG. Others know more.
    The 2 kit version is finished and done now, I have figured out how to unify it into one kit (the issue was due to the different spell codes identifying cure/cause spells from IWD in BG2 and BG1). A Github Repository is also up.
    edited October 2020
    Thankee!

Talk with the authors of the Faiths & Powers mod which adds tens or hundreds of EET-compatible divine casting kits. I'd also like your Oozelord to be integrated into their casting system of Spheres. (Ask the authors there for more info on Spheres and what spells are most apt for this class.)

The Infinity Engine Auto Packager and Mod Release tools make your mods seem more modern and more easily usable on multiple operating systems, and to users of Project Infinity.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    edited March 2021

Great mod! But is it intended that Oozelords not be able to dual class? @Dracoqwerty
    Interestingly, last time I checked whether the class can dual class or not, it can. However, it does require at least 12 Constitution and 17 Wisdom, in addition to the required stat for the class you're dual-classing into. @SharGuidesMyHand
    I can recheck this, but I'm pretty sure the class can dual class.
    SharGuidesMyHand
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    Interestingly, last time I checked whether the class can dual class or not, it can. However, it does require at least 12 Constitution and 17 Wisdom, in addition to the required stat for the class you're dual-classing into. @SharGuidesMyHand
    I can recheck this, but I'm pretty sure the class can dual class.

Thanks for the info.

I'm pretty sure that when I tried it, I had less than 17 wisd. I'll try again and see if that solves the issue.
    Dracoqwerty
    @Dracoqwerty
    How 2.6 compatible is this?
    edited June 2021
    Good question @Endarire
    I should probably check that.
    Update: It seems to work fine in 2.6 on BGIIEE - no text errors and all the spells work as intended
    Post edited by Dracoqwerty on