Skip to content

DOS 2-inspired BG run. Lohse the Jester

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
edited September 2020 in Challenges and Playthroughs
I've recently finished Divinity: Original Sin 2 (DOS 2) and the character that impressed me the most was Lohse. I totally hadn't expected what happened to her in the last Act and her story proved to be the most complex and touching for me (from all other DOS companions).

Lohse in DOS 2 is a kind person, possessed by an evil demon. She has a Jester tag. After @BelgarathMTH and a few other users had discussed how all the companions in DOS 2 seemed to be "edge-lords" I couldn't stop thinking on how wrong (in my opinion) that point of view was. Everyone is free to have an opinion and I'm not going to doubt that. However, to me personally, it felt so much wrong to call Lohse an edge-lord. She's a caring, cheerful, never giving up, intelligent person. In the DOS universe, Lohse was a musician (a rock musician I think) who travelled with other bands.

One of the classes I haven't tried in BG as much as a few others (eg. Fighter/Thief) is a Jester. I've usually preferred a Blade, for obvious reasons (two-weapon fighting style, spins). And it all clicked for me, especially after I found this awesome portrait for Lohse, BG-style, by Anndr Pazyniuk, it all "clicked".

I've installed the latest SCS mod and used @Tresset 's fix for the bard song range from here and Lohse the Jester started out her journey in Candlekeep. With jesters, for BelragathMTH and a few others, you have to remember that you can't be Lawful Good in BG. Thus Lohse is Neutral Good (and that fits her DOS personality).

1pmolivdk84q.png

Turns out, the Jester song is so strong. Of course, it's nearly OP in BG1.

Be it a belt Orge,
gavo5lefspif.png

Thayan wizards,
ce3x4i72os0p.png

Greywolf,
oeilye2fy57g.png

Mulahey and his minions,
kcfu8kl9vmdi.png

The Xvart village,
0gsa2pbth38h.png

Or even the whole Bandit camp (and aggro-ed by Kivan with full SCS, heading for the party)
3vf8fkx88eve.png

- nothing is immune to Confusion.

But most importantly, even more than the gameplay, in Lohse I finally have the character who lets me RP as a jester. It's so much fun this way!

I also have to highlight this awesome thread on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/baldursgate/comments/ita6yj/apparently_nothing_is_immune_to_the_jester_song/

Comments