Skip to content

Banter / Co-Op Question

Hello everyone -

First played BG2 in 4th grade and now it's time to bring my best friend from 4th grade into the fold. My question for anyone who might be able to answer, is this:

"If we begin a co-op game, is there a way to edit the banter file to allow NPCs to banter with the non-protagonist character. If so, can you also enable romance for the non-protagonist? In BG2:EE is this already a functioning feature?"

I would like for him to experience some of the cool dialogue that can be had but he doesn't want to be the protagonist necessarily, since he has never played before - and if I end up being the non-protagonist I would like to romance one of the new characters added to the EE.

Thanks for all your help!

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    No, that is not really possible.

Your buddy will, however, be able to see every dialog that happens in the game, whether his characters are involved in them or not, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just take the dialogs slowly and ask him what he thinks you should say or somesuch.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    I'd really recommend asking your friend to become the protagonist. You can help them with all dialogue choices if they doubt, but this way they'll experience the game fully. Take note, though, that NPCs controlled by clients, don't romance with the main character.
  • BAZOTENZENRAOBAZOTENZENRAO Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for the responses! I'll definitely encourage he take control of the protagonist. :)