Skip to content

Why was The Politics Thread closed?

m7600m7600 Member Posts: 318
The latest discussion seemed quite civil to me, but perhaps other people don't see it that way. Or maybe it was closed for a different reason.

May I kindly request an explanation as to why?

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I'm also curious, since there wasn't a closing statement. The team may still be composing one; they like to take their time when putting thoughts together.

Just as a reminder, let's not anyone get into an argument about the closure. Any concerns about the decision are best just sent to a moderator via PM. I used to be a member of the team and they appreciate private feedback. We just don't want a big argument about it here.
  • m7600m7600 Member Posts: 318
    Apologies for my anxiousness, then. I'll try to be patient.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,371
    edited January 2021
    Seems strange to me too.

There certainly has been much worse behaviour in that thread over the years that they've let slide. Many a heated discussion where people have been warned and even banned as well. Never has the thread been closed that I can recall...

Edit: Now that I saw jj's message I do remember it being closed in the summer. I totally agree with jj's comments.
    Thank you for your reply, @Tresset
    I saw @Minion looking at this thread a few moments ago. It didn't annihilate us, so we must be in the clear : D
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,266
    Sure, but moderating it can be such a headache for us sometimes...

Anyway, now that this thread has served its purpose, we are going to close it as well for similar reasons. Julius plans to review the politics thread on Monday when he comes back from vacation. At that point we will try to decide whether to reopen the thread or maybe keep it closed for a while.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,266
    We have decided to keep the thread closed for a while.
This discussion has been closed.