Skip to content

Anyone feel tiredness and disinterest while playing?

CvijetaCvijeta Member Posts: 417
I recently got Baldur's Gate 3 and I feel like it's not it. It's nothing about turn based or Larian per se, but I feel something's off.
I do wish to play this game.
BlackbɨrdkanisathaGloomfrostHafir

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    I played through the whole Early Access section during the first 2 weeks it was released, scored ~60 hours there (started as a wizard but then restarted again as a ranger and finished it).

The game left a sweet impression, now when I think about it, I feel kindness and pleasure. I went into the game knowing what to expect and being a fan of both Divinity: Original Sin and Baldur's Gate games. I got what I expected and more, in a good way.
    WarChiefZekeBlackbɨrdMirandelSCARY_WIZARD
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    It's only the first chapter. Since you can't really go anywhere in the story as of yet i'm keeping an open mind about it. I find high level DnD so much more entertaining as it is.
    JuliusBorisovramiSCARY_WIZARD
  • CvijetaCvijeta Member Posts: 417
    I think this feels more like DOS3 rather than D&D, in a sense game lacks familiar tone and feeling of D&D, and that might make this feels so heavy
    kanisathaGloomfrost
  • BadassHalflingBadassHalfling Member Posts: 1
    I mean, I didn’t play DoS or whatever, but I can say that I genuinely feel like the game is being a DM for me. I very much enjoy the checks and like the turn based combat much more than I expected. For what it’s worth, I am an experienced 2e and intermediate 5e player that LOVED BG1/2.
    Grond0JuliusBorisovDinoDin
  • PsicoVicPsicoVic Member Posts: 868
    edited May 2021
    I enjoyed the game, but right now the early access is very short, and there is not much new content so yeah, I think the game will be great, but I understand that you can get bored in the EA.
    I played it months ago and never touched again until I tried the new druid class and right now it´s in hiatus again.

I´m also a TT RPG player and the simplified character creation and leveling-up of D&D5e ( in comparison with other tabletops) does not help to try new builds (5e is very good in everything else, but that´s the weak spot since the beginning) so I totally understand the OP feelings.
    SCARY_WIZARD
  • Inok0Inok0 Member Posts: 2
    I've seen the last panel from hell video and i thought the cinematics and dialog choices were great but i think i need to get used to the combat and exploration mode as its usually not my type of game :')