Skip to content

Road to 2.6 | Is the Baldur's Gate II 2.6.2.0 Patch Ready to Release?

2»

Comments

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    16 more testers huh. Are there even that many people left in the forum community these days? Regardless, nice to see this finally getting closer :)
  • cha0z_cha0z_ Member Posts: 27
    I'm pretty sure there are a lot more than that but I guess most people only want to play and not contribute in any form or they aren't using Steam for that matter and therefore can't test, just like me.

I've been eagerly awaiting 2.6 for quite some time now but seeing Beamdog responding to and working on all the different feedback/reported bugs, I actually don't mind if they take a little longer and in return fix more bugs.
    Implying that they are obligated to be QA's/beta testers is straight forward wrong. This is not a free source community project where contribution is critical. We all paid for the game. Are we thankful they continue to improve it? For sure, but there is a line between that and doing the job of their QA team (if they have any at all tbh) and play it a beta tester.

Regadless, I have all of the games/addons for android and ios... so sadly I have no build to test really.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    I'm pretty sure there are a lot more than that but I guess most people only want to play and not contribute in any form or they aren't using Steam for that matter and therefore can't test, just like me.

I wouldn't mind testing and giving feedback either, but not really willing to open a separate steam account for it. I have the world's biggest backlog of games to play before returning to the IE games yet again anyway, so no rush as far as I'm concerned.
  • GalactygonGalactygon Member, Developer Posts: 412
    jmerry wrote: »
    SPCL232 is inquisitor True Sight, actually. Priests of Helm get SPCL732 (named True Sight), which casts SPPR505D (named True Seeing) as its secondary spell. So both kits need versions of this cosmetic fix.

Both Inquisitors and Priests of Helm cast "True Sight" according to their kit descriptions. SPCL732.spl will now use "True Sight" SPPR950.spl once per round in all games. Should be fixed.
  • StefanOStefanO Member Posts: 346
    @StefanO Can you please archive and attach your save and also provide a step-by-step repro?

Unfortunately I can't reproduce the error. I've played for a couple of hours more and all went well. Perhaps is was simply a one-time glitch.
  • anastielanastiel Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 246
    is there any way to test the brazilian portuguese translation? it has not yet been completed, but I would like to know if it is possible to test this new patch
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,743
    Only a finished translation can be added to the game's build. When a translation is under development, it can exist as a mod.
  • tl1942tl1942 Member Posts: 178
    edited January 2021
    Silverstar wrote: »
    16 more testers huh. Are there even that many people left in the forum community these days? Regardless, nice to see this finally getting closer :)

There are way more people than that. I'm one of them. Just have zero interest in testing; many people like me are using a heavily modded install that wouldn't work if we updated to 2.6.

Monitoring the situation until release to see if it's worth starting fresh. Eventually most people will switch once they know their mods will work. BTW, of course I didn't vote in the original post.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    @tl1942 One little thought for you and other "let others do the testing" people. The slower the uptake of testing, the longer before a "stable patch" is released.

TR
  • tl1942tl1942 Member Posts: 178
    edited January 2021
    @TarotRedhand You missed the part where I said that I wouldn't be able to use patch 2.6 when it's released, and considering mod dependencies (I have over 42,000 files in my override folder), it's not 100% clear I'd ever to be able to use it. I'm actively working on testing and tweaking mods right now, that's where my testing time is spent.

I appreciate Beamdog's work continuing to update the game. They're awesome developers. I also deeply appreciate the testers. Just wanted to chime in that there are many people like me who play with very heavily modded installs who are monitoring the situation and won't be able to update any time soon.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    FWIW I can't test this patch either as it's only available via steam and my copies of IE games are all on GOG. Having also got the original games as well, I am not going to buy them a third time.

TR
  • spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    I'll be testing it once I beat Naskel mines in BGEE. Not sure how far we have to play but I've played soo much more of BGEE than 2.
  • mybeamdogforumnamemybeamdogforumname Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    Tried 2.6 on a desktop PC and laptop, both running Windows 10 Pro 64bit.
    Fails to launch in Steam on both systems. No errors reported, just does nothing.
    Tried uninstalling and deleting any left-over files, then re-installing. Same problem.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,266
    edited January 2021
    That is enough of this discussion of whether or not people want to help test or not. Let us focus on the actual testing and stop derailing this discussion. If you want to discuss this, do so elsewhere on the forums.
  • KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 633
    Tried 2.6 on a desktop PC and laptop, both running Windows 10 Pro 64bit.
    Fails to launch in Steam on both systems. No errors reported, just does nothing.
    Tried uninstalling and deleting any left-over files, then re-installing. Same problem.

Disable your antivirus.. yes, it sound silly. But i've had this exact issue with Steam before.
    Could be something else but worth a try.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,743
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 545
    @JuliusBorisov : You might want to have a look at @subtledoctor's bug report regarding concentration checks here: https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/32126-patch-note-26/?do=findComment&comment=291784
  • ATigersClawATigersClaw Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 161
    edited February 2021
    We've suggested some corrections for the English BG II strings within the Translation Tool. Hopefully somebody can approve them before the release of 2.6.
This discussion has been closed.