Skip to content

[MOD] "Heroes, Thieves and Moneylenders" - Banter/Quest/Romance Mod for BG2!

Comments

• Avel10Avel10 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2022
    Awesome mod
    Post edited by Avel10 on
  • Austin87Austin87 Member Posts: 281
    edited October 2022
    Mod updated!!! New version - 4.3!
    • added alternative phrases to the dialog with the Jackal, including for the PC - half-orc (component 2)
    • fixed script errors when doing Paris's quest (component 1)
    • fixed minor dialog bugs (component 1)
    • improved the code of Minsc and Jaheira's dialogues about rain (component 1)
    • fixed minor bugs in the quest "Mysterious Stranger" (component 3)
    • added missing journal entries for the quest "Beshaba's Curse", fixed minor code errors in dialogs (component 3)
    • improved the balance of the battle with the Collector, weakened the overly strong mage on the enemy side (component 2)

Download:
    https://www.gibberlings3.net/files/file/1027-heroes-thieves-and-moneylenders/
    https://github.com/Austin-BG/HTaM/releases/tag/v.4.3
    Post edited by Austin87 on
  • anyoneanyone Member Posts: 8

Austin87 wrote: »
    mrb101 wrote: »
    Ahh I know nothing about the calendar of harptos i looked it up but still wasn't able to get the code. maybe you could message me?

Harptos' calendar is used in Faerûn, here it is: http://dnd.steinhour.net/Forgotten_Realms_campaign/Forgotten_Realms/DnD_FR_calendar.html

I will send you an explanation in a private message, but I would advise you to try to solve this riddle yourself, it is not very difficult.

Thank you for developing this mod. This puzzle is unsolvable to the point where I am entering random numbers in sheer frustration after cursing whatever person invented a calendar for this world. I must be the stupidest person in the history of stupidity because I can’t for the life of me figure out your easy puzzle. I just wish that a spoiler-laden walkthrough for the mod existed so that I could trudge through that without being forced to confront the limited parameters of my intelligence.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    I think you're far smarter than that. It's likely a matter of different expectations and understandings.
    edited February 2023
    anyone wrote: »

Thank you for developing this mod. This puzzle is unsolvable to the point where I am entering random numbers in sheer frustration after cursing whatever person invented a calendar for this world. I must be the stupidest person in the history of stupidity because I can’t for the life of me figure out your easy puzzle. I just wish that a spoiler-laden walkthrough for the mod existed so that I could trudge through that without being forced to confront the limited parameters of my intelligence.

Hello! I sent you the solution to the riddle in a private message.
    The author of this riddle, Sheele, was opposed to writing it in the readme file, as he thinks that most of the riddles in the game are too simple, and wanted to do something a little more difficult, but interesting.
  • anathema83anathema83 Member Posts: 47
    Can anyone help me with a chest in Brynnlaw? I have no idea how to solve this ring puzzle.
    anathema83 wrote: »
    Can anyone help me with a chest in Brynnlaw? I have no idea how to solve this ring puzzle.
    Hello! I sent you a private message.

• siema87siema87 Member Posts: 2
    Can I get a solution too? I don't know why you just can't post it here marked as spoiler :P
  • scheelescheele Member Posts: 41
    siema87 wrote: »
    Can I get a solution too? I don't know why you just can't post it here marked as spoiler :P

• siema87siema87 Member Posts: 2
    scheele wrote: »
    siema87 wrote: »

Sorry I meant puzzle with calendar
  • Fishmalk_1Fishmalk_1 Member Posts: 58
    Unsure what to do for progressing the romance with Aran Linvail:
    After completing his first assignment with Mook and accepting the second, after some in-game time Tony appeared to give me a letter inviting my PC to dinner with Aran. I am not sure what to do next. There was no journal/quest update, and talking to him offers nothing regarding this. My only dialogue options when speaking with Aran are his base game.
    edited May 2023
    Fishmalk_1 wrote: »
    Hello! If I guessed correctly, there is only PC in your group? I see that I provided in the code a scene with dinner and the corresponding dialogue PC with the party before that, if there is someone else in the group besides the PC, but I forgot to add a separate script block in case the player is alone in the location. I will fix it, but for now try to just take someone with you to the party before visiting the area "Hideout of Aran". Also make sure the Global("AranLovePrologue","GLOBAL") variable is 5.
    Later, you can remove party members again and continue the game alone if you wish.
  • Fishmalk_1Fishmalk_1 Member Posts: 58
    Fishmalk_1 wrote: »
    Hello! If I guessed correctly, there is only PC in your group? I see that I provided in the code a scene with dinner and the corresponding dialogue PC with the party before that, if there is someone else in the group besides the PC, but I forgot to add a separate script block in case the player is alone in the location. I will fix it, but for now try to just take someone with you to the party before visiting the area "Hideout of Aran". Also make sure the Global("AranLovePrologue","GLOBAL") variable is 5.
    Later, you can remove party members again and continue the game alone if you wish.

Thanks Austin. Yes, I was playing solo and picking up a party member worked.
  • GalindorsGalindors Member Posts: 3

Can anyone help me with a chest in Brynnlaw? Thanks
    Galindors wrote: »
    Can anyone help me with a chest in Brynnlaw? Thanks

Hello! I sent you a reply in a private message.
  • GalindorsGalindors Member Posts: 3
    Thank you very much ! I would also want to ask you how to activate the quest from component 3 (male character) from Aran in chapter 6 ?
  • chibisenseichibisensei Member Posts: 36
    Hi

When I install the mod - I get at times dialogue that is unreadable (just blocks not even letters) - this only happens randomly for NPCs dialogue but I noticed that the town crier (in two different areas) - that I have checked also have at least 1 dialogue (the first one) that is unreadable.

I only installed component 1 and 5 - for extra NPC dialogue from this mod.

Removing the mod fixes this issue.

Any help thanks
    edited June 2023
    Hi

When I install the mod - I get at times dialogue that is unreadable (just blocks not even letters) - this only happens randomly for NPCs dialogue but I noticed that the town crier (in two different areas) - that I have checked also have at least 1 dialogue (the first one) that is unreadable.
    Hello! This happens if you installed the Russian version of the mod instead of the English one. The same case was discussed here recently. You have to uninstall the mod completely, then restart the setup.exe and choose option 1(english) and not 0(russian).

Hi

Hello! This happens if you installed the Russian version of the mod instead of the English one. The same case was discussed here recently. You have to uninstall the mod completely, then restart the setup.exe and choose option 1(english) and not 0(russian).

Thanks - I was sure I installed the English version of the mod - I will try again.
    Small update to version 4.3.1!
    Fixed a bug that occurred when playing solo (without NPCs) in the romance with Aran (Component 3)
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,235
    Is the mini-quest "For Love" part of HTaM? I resumed a modded playthrough after a hiatus and I'm having trouble finding out any info on it. I cannot for the life of me find
    Lord Paris in the graveyard district after he told me to meet him there.

I may have overdone it on the quest mods this time... :sweat_smile:
    edited June 2023
    Sjerrie wrote: »
    Is the mini-quest "For Love" part of HTaM?
    Yes, this is a quest from component 1 of the HTaM. To meet with Paris, after a dialogue with him and the start of the quest, you need to come to the Graveyard at night.

• SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,235
    Is the mini-quest "For Love" part of HTaM?
    Yes, this is a quest from component 1 of the HTaM. To meet with Paris, after a dialogue with him and the start of the quest, you need to come to the Graveyard at night.

That's the thing, he doesn't show up. I went all over the area at night, and waited at the entrances for sundown as well.
    That's the thing, he doesn't show up. I went all over the area at night, and waited at the entrances for sundown as well.
    Then check the value of the Global("ANParisGraveTalk","GLOBAL") variable through the console - it should be equal to 1. Perhaps some other quest worked at the same time and the variable managed to switch before Paris approached you. In normal mode, Paris should appear at the south entrance at night and talk to you himself.
    Hi

Just curious about something from the mod - at least I think its from this mod
    Edwin said he would "read and translate" what he could from the Book of Kaza after we got it - does this ever amount to anything in the game? Do I need Korgan (already kicked him out) in the party for something to happen after we get the book? How much time has passed in game - well - Edwin has already become Edwina - did his nether scroll quest at the same time as Korgan's quest - so its been a while -- although you can imagine Edwina being preoccupied learning her new form and trying to get to his old form - lol.
    Hi!
    Concerning your question:
    Edwin will actually translate this book. It will become a valuable artefact (but will forever occupy one quick access red-robe) slot!). Korgan is not required to complete this event.
  • UlkeshUlkesh Member Posts: 211
    Hi!
    Edwin will actually translate this book. It will become a valuable artefact (but will forever occupy one quick access red-robe) slot!). Korgan is not required to complete this event.

Would it be possible to add such an option for
    charname too? Provided he is a mage with enough INT and WIS
    edited June 2023
    Hi!

One more question:
    Does the book need to be in Edwina's inventory for her to translate as it is currently in the bag of holding?

thanks
    A few hours after your post - Edwina finally finished translating the book - and the funny thing is that its cursed - lol - Edwina really needs to stay away from ancient scrolls and books - she is so cursed ...lol - btw cool use of the book of kaza - I might have chosen different spells just because its Edwina that can use it - something a little more humourous and ironic - considering his/her condition... but nevertheless a cool use of an otherwise useless item - nicely done :) maybe I will just give Edwina all the cursed things in the game :P
    Post edited by chibisensei on
    Does the book need to be in Edwina's inventory for her to translate as it is currently in the bag of holding?
    Sorry, I have not tested this quest, so I can't answer anything definite. I have only the most general idea of how this mod works.
    Possible small bug
    So after Edwin translate the book of kaza and it becomes a "magical item" - I now have two copies of the book of kaza - one that Edwin just translated and the original book. I am not sure if this is a bug or it was meant to be like this.
    BTW I left the book of kaza with Edwin (in his/her inventory) as I waited for him to translate - no idea if Edwin will still translate it if the book is in the bag of holding.