Skip to content

Freaking Fallen Planetars wiping out my entire party!

This enemy is probably one of the most frustrating ones to fight. They keep casting Firestorm on my party, resist damage and have high HP, all the while dishing out 15-20 hit points slashing damage at hastened speed. And usually it is summoned by a lich. Any strategy to deal with them?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited March 2021
    What characters does your party consist of, what are their levels and what spells do you have memorized, what items do you have, what quests have you finished? What mods (mod components) do you have installed?
  • ensbanaensbana Member Posts: 80
    I’m currently having Korgan, Anomen, Jaheira, Viconia, Gorion’s Ward (thief/mage dual class) and Edwin in my party.

In terms of difficulty mods I have SCS and the Tweak Anthology installed. I also installed a component that lower the experience gained to 25%, so my characters are now around levels 10-12.

As for spells Edwin and Viconia have access to some level 6 spells, while main char and Anomen some level 5 spells.
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Yeah, this definitely sounds as a bit early for a fair fight against the Planetar and the lich with SCS. You have a powerful party, though, so I would do - unless I just wait in an adjacent room for the Planetar spell to time out, - is to kite it with summons (you'll have to pause VERY frequently) while it is not summoned away. In other words, endure. And of course, it's difficult with the lich as you don't have an Azerudge user and most likely don't have the Mace of Disruption yet.
  • ensbanaensbana Member Posts: 80
    I actually already have the Mace of Disruption, and even have it upgraded by Cromwell. To be fair there are not a lot of instances where I have to deal with both a Lich and a Planetar at the same time. I’ve just finished one such fight with Kangaxx. Took a lot of manoeuvre but I managed to beat him. Not a very satisfying fight though.

I like the idea of using lots of summons in the fight, even just to have some cannon fodder. Will try it next time.

Btw do the effects of protection scrolls and resistance potions stack? Firestorm is still a spell that I haven’t managed to deal with properly.
    JuliusBorisov
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    ensbana wrote: »
    Btw do the effects of protection scrolls and resistance potions stack?

Yes.
    JuliusBorisov