Skip to content

New Patch - Map Access Problem

ArgyleArgyle Member Posts: 48
I just loaded the April 2021 patch, and something is wrong with the world map. The selector hand looks weird, and it goes into a loop if I try to stay on my current map location by clicking on it. The only way to continue playing is to select a new map location, as that seems to work so far. But something is definitely wrong here.

I like Trent's new voice-overs, but now that I know who it is, I just can't select them.

Thanks!

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Try reinstalling the game anew. Make sure you don't have leftover files from the previous installs, including mods.
  • ArgyleArgyle Member Posts: 48
    I did the re-installation, and I still have the same problem. This is for BGEE, by the way. I am on the map for the area outside Candlekeep where Gorion was defeated. I walk to the edge and pull up the world travel map, and if I choose to stay on my current location by selecting it and hitting the enter button, it very quickly flashes to my character and Imoen standing there, but then it immediately switches back to the world map. If I select a new area, such as Candlekeep or High Hedge, that works OK. It just won't let me stay in place.
    JuliusBorisov
    I think the problem is that the command to stop the party motion once the world map has been activated is not working. So when it goes back to the current map, the characters are still in motion and they trigger the world map again, over and over.
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Thanks, @Argyle, we've now logged it in as a bug. In the meantime, when we tried, after closing the map using the upper left button or Esc, the map did not reopen, so there might be a workaround if the player does not want to travel.
    Thanks! Also, if you could change the map's cursor icon back the way it was, that would be great too. The "Freddy Krueger" pointy glove is just not as pleasing as the original "Mick Jagger/Jimmy Fallon" pointing finger.
    JuliusBorisov
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Argyle wrote: »
    Thanks! Also, if you could change the map's cursor icon back the way it was, that would be great too. The "Freddy Krueger" pointy glove is just not as pleasing as the original "Mick Jagger/Jimmy Fallon" pointing finger.

The open hand is probably to better indicate that you can click and drag the map screen (up/down in BG) - while you click the hand grasps down.
    Though I do think it should at least revert to the pointed finger while hovering over a selectable location (if possible).

JuliusBorisov
    After all the time I have played this game, I never noticed the little skull button up at the top of the map. It does indeed work. I also never noticed the Krueger hand clenches when you drag the map. Ha! That's one reason why this game is so awesome!
    JuliusBorisov