Skip to content

BGEE New Patch: Tremain Quest Bug

The Tremain quest in Baldur's Gate cannot be completed on the latest patch. The body can be returned to Tremain, and he will issue the appropriate dialogue, but the resurrection animation does not play. Attempting to talk to Tremain again will only provide the dialogue he would offer if you had not yet retrieved the body. And some other users have run into this issue, as can be seen here: https://reddit.com/r/baldursgate/comments/msrnzx/tremains_son_quest_bugged/.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    This only happens if you used mods and the save is from the pre-2.6 era. Please zip and attach your save and we'll fix it.
  • DozingDragonDozingDragon Member Posts: 2
    I am using mods but I was running the 2.6.5.0 beta branch.
  • KristensenKristensen Member Posts: 3
    This only happens if you used mods and the save is from the pre-2.6 era. Please zip and attach your save and we'll fix it.

Have this bug too, game installed after patch, so on 2.6.5.0 and no mods...
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Can someone please provide a save from the game started on 2.6.5.0 where this bug is happening?
    Save where Ive got the quest and right before I enter Water Queen's House for the first tiime.
    Can someone please provide a save from the game started on 2.6.5.0 where this bug is happening?

Done, I also got a save where Ive only enter the city, so havent got the quest yet, let me know if you want that one too
  • staticmoestaticmoe Member Posts: 1
    I'm having the same issue with no mods installed, and only 5 days of in-game time since beginning the quest. There should be 2 saves attached, 1 before getting the body and 1 after losing it to Tremain. Let me know if you need anything else and thanks in advance for the help.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    edited April 2021
    Tremain doesn't get the chance to update his global if he's already in position (or just close enough):
    !NearLocation(Myself,420,320,1)

• peetmasterpeetmaster Member Posts: 3
    same here, a new game after updating to 2.6, no mods
  • JohnLaertesJohnLaertes Member Posts: 7
    edited May 2021
    I have experienced this bug as well. I want to add, however, that I was able to complete the quest on a different file without issue. Both files were created post-2.6.

On the second file (i.e. the one without issue), I used the console to move to the requisite locations and completed the quest as quickly as possible. Tremain, notably, was not standing in his typical location when I returned with the body.

EDIT: If you charm Tremain, have him walk away from his usual area, then force-talk, you should be able to finish the quest without issue. I just completed the quest on the bugged file via this method. This might be a workaround until the issue is officially resolved.
  • peetmasterpeetmaster Member Posts: 3
    A simple workaround is simply pushing Tremain around with the party and talking to him once he has been moved somewhat. Seems that his coordinates have something to do with the bug, as suggested elsewhere.