Skip to content

Recruitables vs. custom

Do you prefer to play with recruitable characters (like Minsc and Jaheira) or custom characters (created by yourself)?

I’m in the latter category, which I suspect is the minority. I guess we’ll see...
  1. Recruitables vs. custom19 votes
    1. Recruitables
      89.47%
    2. Custom
      10.53%

Comments

• deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    There is more story elements involved with recruitable characters which is how I prefer to play games, however, one can obtain better party synergy with a party full of customs.
  • Wutan1988Wutan1988 Member Posts: 131
    edited May 2021
    I mostly play with Recruitables cause without Banters between Charname and his Companions the Game feels a little bit Void and there are so many funny/engaging Dialogues i would miss during my Playthrough. However playing with a Custom Party has its Charm every now and then if i really want to go Try Hard Mode and test a lot of New Kit Mods all at once. Sometimes i create Charname and one additional Character and think of a Story for them to travel with Charname. Sometimes i think about an Explanation why Char Nr.2 doesn't speak.
  • morpheus562morpheus562 Member Posts: 250
    I play with recruitable characters, but then customize them to whatever class, kit, and stats I want using eekeeper.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    i tend to go back and forth

now adays when i make custom parties i do so more for flavor as apposed to making a power gaming group

but then when i get bored of custom peeps i have some runs with recruitables, then of coarse when i get bored of that back to custom

so i would say 60% custom
    40% recruitable
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
    Same here, I use a mix of both. Custom party members can be used to fill a gap if recruitables don't have the right class or kit, or don't fit into the party for other reasons. I created a mod for just that reason recently that makes it easier to use custom characters.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Customization is great for powergaming, though over time I sometimes miss my favorite NPC's. I'm terribly fond of Mazzy and love some other voices as well. Going with in-game NPC's is a way to increase the challenge for me, since I'm more interested in exploring game mechanics than story these days.