Skip to content

Modder needet

MetheusMetheus Member Posts: 18
Hey Dear community,
I am searching for a modder, that could make one "simple" gear animation. I want a pointed wizard hat für BG2EE, for the real wizard feeling. Just like the Item from Sod, but with an animation for the Avatar. It was ok if it was only for one race.
If a modder is able able to make this possible, it wont be his/her shame.
I am greateful for every Help,
Greetings

Metheus

Comments

• EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    edited August 2021
    @Metheus
    More Style for Mages may have that hat for Male Human Wizards & Sors.
  • MetheusMetheus Member Posts: 18
    unfortunately it only works for BG1. I installed it and nothing. Maybe I am wrong about that but i couldnt find it in the city und and there is nothing written about the mod in BG2. Not 100 percent sure, but i think in wont work:(
    The intent is to use MSFM with EET (Enhanced Edition Trilogy) so you have access to all the mod's features for the entire run.

Recommended MSFM EET mod install order from Giovanski:
    "As a temporary solution, installing "Wizard's Staff for BG:EE" and "Circlet of Revelation for BG:EE" on BG:EE first then adding this mod to the EET compatibility table for import will place the items in Thalantyr's store. After EET core is installed, the rest of the components of this mod can be installed on EET."
    edited August 2021
    not surfe if i got you right^^ So you mean i can transfer the animation from bg 1 to bg 2, if i import the Charakter from the firt game with the hat in his inventar? And it only works if i own the EET?

A Modder told me the animations form bg1 and bg2 are diffrent, because i aked him to extract the animation from the bg1 mod and make a new mod witch brings it to bg 2. I am pretty sure he knewed what he was talking about because he made the mod witch transfers sod items to bg2...
    EET means BG1EE, SoD, and BG2EE are in one continuous world. Thus, you could get the hat from High Hedge and keep using it throughout the combined game.

You'd need to start a new game using this setup and either play from the beginning of BG1 or start where you intend and use the console to grant yourself the appropriate items. (The item codes are in Near Infinity. Others can help you more with that.)
    Ok that sounds not bad. What makes you so sure the animation stays if i import the charkater(and not just the stats cause i dont care about them)? I think the game will stay two diffrent games(just in one launcher). And i have no mage at bg 1, that passed the game. I allready bought the enhanced edition of both games. I dont think the bundle ist that diffrent in its engine or codes or whatever. If that was the case, daeros could had create a mod to bring the hat in the second game anyway... Dont get me wrong its a very good idea, but if it dont works, i waste a lot of time and money for nothing. I would perfer to find an artmodder, who does this korrektly for me and the communtity. I also ready to pay the Artist that makes my Wishe possible.
    I researched for this EET and now i understand it. Seems complicated to install, and i dont have all the games in it(dont want sod). and also i can make it run, i have no guarantee, that this bg 1 mod will run in it.
    @Metheus
    Endless BG1 is a mod for EET which lets you skip SoD.

Mod installs are easier if someone helps you through them, especially if the mod lists are simple.
    ok that makes sence
    i think this would work. Thank you:)
    edited August 2021
    Does the mod work without SOD?

And i dont really know if i have adventures of the swordcoast^^
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    @Metheus
    I'm pretty sure you do need SoD if you want to install EET. And I could be wrong about this but I think even if you are playing EET you still lose your equipment when you wake up in Irenicus's dungeon at the beginning of BG2. There is a mod that allows you to transfer your BG1 equipment into BG2 but I'm afraid I can't remember which one it is.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    EET requires SoD.
    EndlessBG1 is a mod that gives the possibility to skip the entire SoD campaign inside the game (which, just as a hint, is not the main content of this mod). SoD is still required to install EET, as @Endarire very well knows, so I don't know why he is leading you on a false track here.
    edited August 2021
    Thankee jastey for clarifying the point about EET requiring SoD but Endless BG1 allowing skipping of SoD from within the game. That's the point I intended to make the first time when not fatigued.
    Very good that you can skip sod^^ I ll give it a try some day. hope the mod that you can transfer your gear to bg 2 works for the eet with the endless bg 1 mod haha
    From my understanding, you can stash your gear somewhere before transitioning to BG2 then return and retrieve it once in BG2.
    no that must be a mod. you can only transfer some special items(chain mail of the dead or so and some other stuff with +2 or +3 ). Guess you will need a mod i m worried it wont work at the end. cause if i install eet AND Endless BG 1, there is already changed a lot it the game. Unfortunally i struggle to find a modder who can help, so i am forced to try it out:(
    i have read that some random items can be found in the start dungeon somtimes
    @Metheus
    BG2 only imports a small list of possible items from BG1. EET is one continuous campaign and world.
    I don't know how EEKeeper works so this might be nonsense but would it be possible for Metheus to use the More Style for Mages mod to introduce the hat into his BG1 game and then use EEKeeper to copy the item into the inventory of his character in BG2?
    @Permidion_Stark only if the BGII game has the same ressources for the hat item. Otherwise it will crash the game. So if it's the same EET game then yes.
    jastey wrote: »
    @Permidion_Stark only if the BGII game has the same ressources for the hat item. Otherwise it will crash the game. So if it's the same EET game then yes.

Thanks @jastey. It always helps to have someone who knows what they are talking about!
    Yeah it is:) Is EEKeeper the mod to transfer the items?
    EEKeeper or Near Infinity may work to insert the items into your game.
  • ShirakShirak Member Posts: 84
    If it's the same game and the same resources, then you can just console it in, instead of having to go to the save game and do it via EEKeeper or NI.
    what is the case, if i use Endless BG1 i hope;D
    Do the graphics suffer from Endless BG1?
    @Metheus I'm not sure what you expect EndlessBG1 to do with regard to items or graphics. EndlessBg1 is a mod with the following content: after Sarevok's death, the game will remain in the BG1 world. The PC can travel some more etcpp. The game proceeds and transitions onto SoD when the PC goes into the Palace and talks to Duke Belt (and picks the according reply option).
    There is also one reply option that lets you skip SoD right to BGII but ONLY IF your game is an EET game (refer to readme which one).
    That's it.
    edited September 2021
    I thought it would "combine" the games so you play with the BG1 "sources" but its bg 2. Sounds wrong if think about it. So i guess i will have to live without the hat or find a modder. This is waaaayyy to complicatet for me. Thats why i just wanted to pay a modder^^
    Say him what i want, get the file, give him 100 dollars and he shares the mod with communtity und all guys are happy. Why did bioware not implemented wizard hats in a d&d game!? Same thing in Dragon Age Origins. You can ware embaressing Banana-Hoods as mage but a nice gandalf hat? NoNo!
    @Metheus
    Once you have BG1EE, Siege of Dragonspear, and BG2EE installed on your machine, download EET and More Style for Mages. (Optionally, also install Endless BG1.) Install them as mentioned above. That way you have your magely hat.