Skip to content

You call this "support"?

Short version:

Bought the whole kit-and-kaboodle (the full bundle for NWN:EE), downloaded it and have encountered a SLEW of major issues, to follow:

1. Missing .dll files.

2. Crashes culminating with an "exit code" of 3221225781, and no further inmformation.

3. Bad OpenGL download (easily fixed by re-installing it)

Fortunately, I'm a Comp Sci major and automation programmer with 37 years of mainframe and automation programming experience, and I fixed these on my own (turns out you need to re-install MS Virtual C libraries for 1 and 2).

"Support" has not responded to my e-mail concerning these now going on DAY THREE.

But the one that burns my behind is that NONE of the "extra content" that's supposed to be included in the "bundle" has downloaded. None of the modules/soundtrack files, etc is available under any of the "content" headings, doesn't show in any program folder and...all I get is an option top "Buy Now".

But I thought I've already done that when I forked over $68 (US)?

24-hours after sending an e-mail to "support" about this problem, I have not gotten any response.

I spent the better part of yesterday tracking down contact information (telephone numbers, e-mail addys) for various people at Beamdog, only to discover none of the e-mail addresses are valid and no one picks up a ringing telephone in Edmonton (is it still snowing up there, or something?).

This is HORRID customer service. To judge from what I'm reading on some of these forums, it appears I'm in for even worse.

Who do I have to (figuratively) kill to get this fixed?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Hello! You should have received an auto-response that we don't usually respond to tickets and forward problems to the team.

We're a small team and thus we're not available via phone or other similar venues.

Regarding your problem:

Please check out this solution - https://beamdog.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/article/2192637976

As for all the content, you should be seeing it in the Beamdog Client if you login there with your Beamdog store account.
  • EmperorWombatEmperorWombat Member Posts: 4
    Julius,

I did not pay for auto-responses that aren't followed up by action. Auto-responses are not good enough.

I have none of the content that I have paid for, except for the basic game/download. How do we rectify this?

Have I made a mistake, because really all I did was click "download now" and put in some debit card information -- and I have a receipt, proving payment.

I've paid for the following, but see none of it in my game load screens. None of it has been installed via download.

b6ijhplnnu1k.png

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Can you please screenshot your Beamdog Client with NWN:EE chosen there?

Also, if for some reason the Beamdog Client is not working for you, in your Beamdog account on Beamdog . com you can find Steam keys for every NWN product you bought.
    I have tried to screenshot my client, however, all I get is an image of the login box (i.e. where you put in your username and password). Attempting to screenshot the interface where one chooses a module results in taking another picture of the login box. Is there relevant information contained in that image that I can pass on to you?

Can you be more-specific about what data you need from me or a screenshot, please?

How about this: is it possible for someone at Beamdog to go back to the download servers, find where I logged in requesting download on 09/20/2021 and then find where it all went wrong? (A little old-fashioned debugging? There was no indication of an interrupted or incomplete download here, so far as I recall).

Barring all that, is there another means I can use to get the content OTHER THAN the client (which has obviously failed), Steam, or another third-party? I mean, couldn't you just e-mail me the stuff or snail mail me a DVD?

It seems an easier solution than this.

I have deliberately purchased the product direct from the Beamdog website rather than use Steam. Steam was never part of the process and isn't even loaded on this PC.

I had a Beamdog account previously (I now mysteriously have two, neither of which has the required content, incidentally), but last month's hurricane destroyed my computer and so I had to replace it. This is a fresh install of NWN:EE on a brand new machine.

I appreciate your input and attempts to help, Julius, but unless I've made some sort of major boner with a simple download (possible, but not very likely), I'm not certain the problem is on my end.

edited September 2021
    I asked for the screenshot because I'm suspecting you're not seeing the drop-down menu (or button). You need to download the Client http://client.beamdog.com/ then log into it with your Beamdog store login and password and then you will be able to see the whole of that drop down menu.

I'm providing my own screenshot:

7p2c1qrwh1pj.png

Then you pick every item and click Install

di3zp38mcu7s.png

If it doesn't look like that for you, then there is definitely a problem, but this is why I need screenshots.
    I
    Barring all that, is there another means I can use to get the content OTHER THAN the client (which has obviously failed), Steam

This is why I mentioned Steam keys. You already have them, on your Beamdog account.
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,295
    For desktop adds the Windows in-built Snipping Tool is great to get screenshots when things like Print Scrn do not work.
    ThacoBell
    edited September 2021
    Thanks, Ammar!

@Julius, and here we come to the crux of the matter:

I was expecting a single download: not to have to install multiple components one at a time! So, yeah, my bad...

Problem solved. Thank you very much for your time and effort, Julius.

As a suggestion: tell the bosses to get an 800 number. We could have solved this three days ago in under a minute!
    JuliusBorisovThacoBellgrom56
  • grom56grom56 Member Posts: 109
    Hello;
    I'm sorry for posting this in this thread, but couldn't find an option to start a new topic here.
    I've been having a ton of problems trying to use the Toolset. The toolset locks up on me when ever I try to add a transition or sometimes, just when I try to load and area I'm trying to build. Todays exit code error is: 3489660927. This has been going on for well over a year, and yes I know I should post this in Support, but I've tried that many times as well. It doesn't like my password over there, and doesn't send the "change password" email like it said it is doing. I've tried at least 3 times today alone. I get the pop up box saying it sent an email, but I never get said email.

I'm going to try to add screenshots here:

First being the error from the toolset:

8hiya8ypeiyj.png

Next the popup from support saying that an email was set:

b5ff16ryst2n.png

I hope I added those shots right, guess we will see.

One last thing if I may... Why do I have to keep Applying the DLC for my stuff on a daily basis?

Thank you for your time.

@grom56 Have you checked the Spam folder in your mailbox? Or any other subfolder in your mailbox?

Regarding the Toolset crash, it's impossible to tell just based on the error code. Maybe it's your system-related, similar to this old problem? https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/67695/toolset-crashing-slow-to-load
  • grom56grom56 Member Posts: 109
    @JuliusBorisov , yes I checked all spam and other subfolders. No support email.
    I'm not sure why I'm given an error code to send to support if said error code is useless.

I read the thread you sent me to, did all the turn off stuff that was recommended, no change.

Any idea why I keep having to apply the DLC for my programs in the Client? It's almost like the Client doesn't keep a record of when DLC is applied or not.

Thanks anyway.