Skip to content

Neera and Dorn don't appear at all after 2.6 patch installation

So I've played BGEE many times with different characters. I do not use mods of any kind. Although I'm not fans of them, I do enjoy the extra little XP bump you get from the small battles that occur when you meet Neera and/or Dorn the first time (and some of the gear like the gem bag). However, ever since installing the 2.6 patch, neither character appears in the base game at all. The monk is still in Nashkel as he should be, but Neera is now no longer to be found in Beregost and Dorn is no longer in the Friendly Arm Inn, nor does his encounter outside of Naskhel occur. They've simply been removed from the game. Anyone else have this problem? I've googled this issue several times over several weeks and can find no definitive answer besides blaming mods, which I never use. Any ideas?

Comments

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    Did you start a new game or are you continuing an old savega,e from 2.5?
    A wild guess would be that Neera and Dorn are treated as DLCs you need to activate in your game specifications, if you are not on a PC.
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,297
    IIRC Raasad is the character that comes with the game on all platforms, while Neera and Dorn are DLCs on IOS and Android.

What platform are you playing on?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    If you're playing with a French translation (unofficial), please uninstall it completely - there is a known conflict with it (and maybe a few other mods?).
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    How can a translation mod conflict with content? Do you have more insight to the known issue @JuliusBorisov ?
  • serratus1974serratus1974 Member Posts: 3
    I am playing on PC. I have made several characters and finished the game multiple times before and since adding the patch (without reinstalling the game in several months). Simply put, as soon as I installed the patch, those two NPCs simply disappeared, along with anything else pertaining to them or their quests. It's definitely not a glitch that makes the game unplayable, but it's definitely odd.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    We couldn't repro this on a save without mods. All the times we reproed it included modded saves, including those which used fan translations, particularly, French.
  • serratus1974serratus1974 Member Posts: 3
    Again, no mods, ever. On PC, not mobile. No translation, just regular English. At any rate, I thought I might find something to help on the official forums, but ah well. Considering it won't even let me confirm my email address (it never sends the confirmation mail, and I'm constantly spammed with "you need to confirm your email address), I guess I shouldn't be disappointed or surprised.
    I have manually confirmed your email. The forum software has nothing to do with the games. Please provide a save so that I could look.