Skip to content

[mod] Walahnan BG2EE

LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,702
I'm happy to announce that BG2EE portion of my Walahnan NPC is now available. To check out BG1EE+SoD portion, check out this thread.

banerwalahnan.jpg

Class: Mage - Chronomancer
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Stats:: 17 | 16 | 11 | 18 | 11 | 11

Walahnan is a powerful chronomancer and a man who suffers from germophobia. But worry not, he can prove to be more than useful. While his ambitions do not overwhelm those around him, he certainly has some aspirations that inspire his studies. The mod does not include a romance, however, you may get an option or two to show him you like him throughout Shadows of Amn and Throne of Bhaal.

To give Walahnan the chance to join you, complete Nalia's quest and check the rest of De'Arnise Hold area. He should be near the rocks to the east of the keep.

To keep Walahnan in your team, you'll need to complete his personal quest.

FORUM
DOWNLOAD

Special thanks to: @Go_ForTheEyes for the proofreading, @AionZ for the chronomancer kit and @norQ for the soundset work!

Comments

• Go_ForTheEyesGo_ForTheEyes Member Posts: 1
    I’d like to add that the mod is well-balanced and, well, fun. Walahnan’s germophobic comments may be seen as either mildly annoying or quite funny, depending on your take. Either way, he’s a good mage with some really cool, unique spells and a dynamic personal quest. Definitely worth a try!
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,061
    edited November 2021
    I did download this, but the package information didn't update to show it. Is that a bug or just how the website works?
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,702
    You mean the download count? It doesn't update right away, but when I update thing, change stuff (etc) through the admin panel. Sadly, it's normal for that download plugin. Sorry!
  • YigorYigor Member Posts: 536
    Nice! ? What collection of spells define him as Chronomancer? ?
    He gets all the time-related spells, they are added to his spellbook for free. Furthermore, there are some additional spells only he may get - like "Speedwalk", "Stoca's Flora Acceleration" or "Timeheal". All, obviously, time related as well. But it's not just that! ;) Install the mod and see all that's there.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 877
    I thought Walahnan in BG1 was great (probably my favourite of your companions).

I'm looking forward to taking Walahnan all the way through the tetralogy in a future game!
    Thanks and... have fun! :)
  • Chicken7023Chicken7023 Member Posts: 26
    edited December 2021
    Hi ! Just finished SOA+TOB with Walahnan. Everything seems to work fine except for the final part. Saying you'll stay for him cuts the dialogue with Solar short (other characters can't say their piece), the game assuming it's your final answer. And then his epilogue doesn't fire. There was also the condition to get him : if I get it right, you only can recruit him after the final stage from the Fighter's Stronghold, meaning you have to be a Fighter. Apart from these problems, I think it's a solid NPC. Original enough, with things to say, but not overbearingly present. Congrats !
    Post edited by Chicken7023 on
    Also tried the no flirt ending : no epilogue either
    I will look into these, thank you!
    Both things should be fixed now.
    It did fix the cutting short Solar's dialog thing, but still no epilogue !
    I do have a heavily modded game, so it could influence this specific problem
    I did check the epilogue, there are two version of it, and I could get both of them. Also, I'm looking at the script and I don't see any option for this to happen. If you want, you can give me the value for your "L#2WalahnanFlirt" variable, I think it's the only one left that could matter in your game.
    edited December 2021
    The variable is at 2, but I also tried it at 0 Uninstalled and reinstalled a few things, and I got the epilogue ! Thank you for your answers
    Post edited by Chicken7023 on
    edited December 2021
    You're welcome! :)

I also improved another little thing, so v0.92 is here (as a part of WM's Winter Releases 2021)
    Post edited by LavaDelVortel on
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    Weasel, thankee for officially updating and releasing Walahnan BG1 & 2 for EET compatibility. Alleluia!

(The latest versions of these mods as of this writing are EET compatible.)
  • battbeam3872battbeam3872 Member Posts: 10
    Quick question does anyone know where to find the notebook that is part of his personal quest? I am told that the person is wearing orange in the slums but I am struggling to find them. Thank you for the mod and your time.
    The script tells me the coordinates are 2680.1840 (press X during the game to see the coordinates pointed by the cursor)
  • battbeam3872battbeam3872 Member Posts: 10
    thank you