Skip to content

[mod] Thieving Skills for Bards

morpheus562morpheus562 Member Posts: 250
Introduction

This mod is allows Bards and Bard Kits (including those from mods) to use Pick Locks, Find/Disarm Traps, and Pick Pockets in Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, the Enhanced Edition Trilogy. I created this mod to give players an alternative to having to shoehorn a Thief into every party. Most classes can cover down on similar/shared abilities, but only Thieves had access to certain (highly important) abilities that no other class could quite perform: pick locks and disarm traps. Yes, Knock could act as a makeshift Pick Lock costing valuable spell slots and you could bash the lock, but these options came at the expense of lost experience. Now, you have the option to choose an alternative to Thieves and change up your gameplay a little bit.

From level 1 up until level 20, the Bard will receive 5 skills points each in Pick Locks, Find/Disarm Traps, and Pick Pockets. The Action Bar is updated via EEex to allow Bards to Sing, Detect Traps, and Use Thieving Abilities at the loss of the quickspell.

You can download the latest version of the mod here.

You can view the readme for the mod here.

Compatibility

This mod requires EEex created by Bubb to work. This means you will need to launch your game with InfinityLoader.exe instead of the standard Baldur.exe file. Additionally, please install this after any other mods that add Bard kits or alter bard spells/abilities. Being this requires EEex to run, Windows is required at this time.

Special Thanks

Special thank you to @Bubb for all of his work on EEex as well as providing the .lua file required to alter the actionbar.

Comments

• OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    This is a neat idea! Thank you so much for making this for us.
  • portedBowlportedBowl Member Posts: 1
    edited January 23
    I was so looking for this function last time I wanted to play through the games. people told me it was impossible. Nothing is impossible within the modding world!!! Thank you for being awesome.

edit: Spelling
  • morpheus562morpheus562 Member Posts: 250
    portedBowl wrote: »
    I was so looking for this function last time I wanted to play through the games. people told me it was impossible. Nothing is impossible within the modding world!!! Thank you for being awesome.

edit: Spelling

Thank you! This mod has been deprecated and is now part of my larger Skills and Abilities mod.
  • shevy123456shevy123456 Member Posts: 179
    I guess this is found here then: https://github.com/Gibberlings3/Skills-and-Abilities

This should then allow us to take some bard rathern than e. g. Jan.