Skip to content

NWN's 20th anniversary approaching. Giveaway for PW admins: Steam, GOG and Switch codes for NWN:EE

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725

If you're a FB user, here is a link on FB as well.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    Crazy to think i've been playing this game for nearly as long as it has been around. And really only scratched the surface of the quality modules out there. When the 18th comes i'll probably see if I can get a few people to give it a try. The NWN OC was my go-to game for getting non-DnD players into the ruleset for the first time. It seemed to always be popular.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    I recommend hopping onto one of the servers participating in the celebration, e.g. Arelith, Ravenloft, Cormyr etc.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    It was 20 years ago today that Neverwinter Nights was released on PC -

a64c70137df8b45ad69e889e18114524b4548f96.jpeg

TR
  • Tim_GTim_G Member Posts: 4
    Happy 20!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Old_GithOld_Gith Member Posts: 152
    Still such a huge achievement for Bioware and Beamdog. Thanks to all the folks at @Beamdog for helping this old girl along over the last few years, revitalizing her, with the hint and hope of more to come. Happy 20th!

• AndarianAndarian Member Posts: 185
    A testimonial on its 20th anniversary to Neverwinter Nights — the game that changed my life.
    https://www.andarian.net/publishing/games/neverwinter-nights-20th-anniversary/

"As I continued to play, and immersed myself in building my own adventures, I gradually came to realize that BioWare had accomplished something truly ground-breaking. By creating a game-building toolset that was simple enough for many people to use, it put the game creation process, for the first time, within the reach of talented storytellers... This democratized game development in a way that had never really been possible before — and as far as I’m aware, has never quite been matched since."
  • JidokwonJidokwon Member Posts: 395
    Twenty years later: The enhanced version doesn't offer any enhancements at all for the original campaigns? Not even very basic henchmen inventory control? The original campaigns have no updates at all since their creations in various and quite ancient game versions?