Skip to content

Best way to approximate a Fighter/Cleric/Thief?

masteralephmasteraleph Member Posts: 271
Yes, I know that it's not available as an actual multiclass, and that the game doesn't allow you to add them by default. To the best of my knowledge, no one has actually released a kit mod approximating one (if they have, please let me know!!) That being the case, I'd imagine that the options are:

1) Learn how to mod (no big deal, right?) and create a Cleric/Thief multiclass with an xp point penalty and altered progressions. Numbers won't be perfect, but things would be automated. I did find a few threads where Semiticgoddess commented on how she would do it- either by modifying a Cleric/Thief which would bake in the Cleric and Thief pieces but need some thought on leveling up at an appropriate pace and be inexact about levels, and then need some adjustment for HLAs to actually get them at 3m xp, or by modifying a Fighter/Mage/Thief
, which would require modifying the mage piece into functionally being a Cleric, but the xp/HLAs after that would be right.

2) Figure out a table for the progression on an F/C/T, start as a C/T, and just manually adjust everything in EEKeeper, including weapon proficiencies, APR, appropriate xp, HP, saving throws and HLAs. This would require a fair amount of attention to the initial setup and keeping an eye on xp levels, but wouldn't require learning how to mod, and it doesn't seem like that much should be necessary in EEKeeper because there's not a whole bunch that the Fighter contributes outside of the main tabs. The Cleric and Thief features are all built in because it's a Cleric/Thief, Cleric gets all armors and Thief is restricted on the armors under which it can use its thieving abilities, and a F/C/T wouldn't get more weapon options than a C/T provides.

Any other options that I'm missing? Seems to me like option 2 is probably the better choice, but I'm more than open to being corrected

Comments

• EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,517
    In theory, play a Cleric/Thief and just edit in the relevant proficiencies, HP, and save bonuses of a Fighter compared to the other classes.
  • KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 632
    Try making any character.

Shadowkeeper:
    Set Class to Cleric/Thief
    Set Kit to Swashbuckler
    Set Class Level to 0/0
    Set Max HP to 1
    Remove proficiencies
    Set xp to at least 1
    Apply Use Any Item (if you don't mind using cleric weapons only, takes a bit of work to find the correct values)
    Save

Load game, check that everything seems Ok.
    Use Shadowkeeper as necessary to redistribute weapon profiencies as you level.
    Swashbuckler bonus will go a long way in replacing what a Fighter multiclass would give you.

This is pretty darn close to FCT and doesn't take much effort.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 903
    edited July 2022
    I agree that unless you're keen on backstabbing, a swashbuckler/cleric is close-ish to a f/t/c.

If you don't want to use EE/Shadowkeeper (or you use a mac -- EEK doesn't seem to work anymore on the mac OS) you could install the kit tomes mod, create a t/c, and then use the appropriate tome to acquire the swashbuckler kit. Use the tweaks mod to get an extra 1/2 attack with weapon specialization. And if you don't want to be restricted to cleric weapons, use the tweaks mod option for multi-class clerics that enables them to use their other class's weapons (in this case, thief weapons).
    Post edited by Thrasymachus on
  • shevy123456shevy123456 Member Posts: 203
    edited December 2023
    Note that dwaradime mod from Lava is semi-close. His three classes
    are not Fighter/Cleric/Thief (I think it is fighter, mage thief if I recall
    correctly), but I suppose people could perhaps do some NPC variant
    that is similar. Perhaps a younger brother of dwaradime ... let's
    call him yaradime or something (I am not very creative). For the basic
    stats one can probably just copy/paste initially, and then adjust the
    npc, that is changing the cleric class to mage class. Then we may have
    more triple-class mods available.

Having said that, I think triple classes, while more versatile, are kind
    of weak. I found dual-classing much more convenient (e. g. my main
    actor is often berzerker/mage or berzerker and some other class).

PS: Some meta-NPC-mod-installer would be kind of neat to have.
  • DinoDinDinoDin Member Posts: 1,581
    As others said your best bet for doing it from a practical standpoint is a Swashbuckler-Cleric. Swash plays much like a fighter/thief anyways. But you won't get backstabs. Being human and dual classing would be the easiest way to do it without modding.

A second suggestion is Stalker-Cleric. You'll lose the important non-combat thief skills, so you'll need to add a true thief to the party most likely. But your combat role will be much closer to a FCT. Again, human and dual classing are the easiest way to do it unmodded. It's a fun build and ended up being my first no-reload success.