Skip to content

[Request] SCS mod for android BGIIEE 2.5.16.6

EdwinaxEdwinax Member Posts: 32
Hello guys and @Gusinda can you please add me modfile SCS (Sword Coast Stratagems latest version) BGIIEE 2.5.16.6 and BG1EE 2.5.17.0? (I beg you)

Languange game: Spanish.

Link: https://www.gibberlings3.net/mods/tweaks/scs/

Im a big fan baldur gate, but rigth now i dont access pc (Job, kids, family) please make me modfile.

Thank you so much.

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    edited October 2022
    Hi @Edwinax, attached are the requested modfiles for both BG1EE and BG2EE (in Spanish). Haven't tested them due to the language, so if there are any problems let me know.

With BG2EE modfile, you will need to rename this to .7z as the extension prior to unpacking. The forum's site doesn't allow for .7z files so I just added the .zip extension.

If you have any problems installing, let me know and I will add some instructions.

Juego feliz (hopefully that is right :smile:)
    Gus

Edit: Removed files. New versions below
    Post edited by Gusinda on
  • EdwinaxEdwinax Member Posts: 32
    edited October 2022
    Gusinda wrote: »
    Hi @Edwinax, attached are the requested modfiles for both BG1EE and BG2EE (in Spanish). Haven't tested them due to the language, so if there are any problems let me know.

With BG2EE modfile, you will need to rename this to .7z as the extension prior to unpacking. The forum's site doesn't allow for .7z files so I just added the .zip extension.

If you have any problems installing, let me know and I will add some instructions.

Juego feliz (hopefully that is right :smile:) im let know you if have problems modfile,.
    Gus
    I will need instructions install.

Thank you so much GuiJesus ;_;, i was trying use termux on my red note 9t, im configured all (i think so) but i dont know install after that mods with termux weidu, i dont know commands, etc...

im let know you if have problems modfile. You are so a beast and good person

Anyway... Can you help me when u have time, i wanted learn for my myself, i will try make my modfile on android with termux.
    Post edited by Edwinax on
    edited October 2022
    @Gusinda Excuse me, im can play only scs english if change language, no spanish, i see this invalid text option gameplay scs ingame: invalid:xxxxx (numbers) etc.

SCS is running if change language, i dont see difficulty scs in spanish... Maybe is dialog.tkt? I put overrride in android/data/bgee2/files

Thanks you.

EDIT: Can you mod game english and spanish, default: English. Maybe works and fix invalid text and maybe i can see SCS activate in spanish.

EDIT2: I forget this, i used RAR instead 7z, mistake? So language dialog.tkt should i move to folder override?

Example: oycw6cga8w69.jpg
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    Checking the files in SCS ... difficulty.tra is missing from the Spanish folder. Also German, Korean, and (simplified) Chinese. This is a problem with the mod. No Spanish-language installation will have the text for the difficulty fine-tuning dialogue.

And checking the sticky topic over at the Gibberlings 3 SCS forum... it's a known issue, and can only be fixed if someone submits updates for the translation files in Spanish. It's not a language that David W. is fluent in, after all.

(Background for non-technical sorts: tra files are basically lists of numbered strings, which get referenced when the mod needs to add something as game text. It's a plain-text format, so you can open them up in any text editor. This format is chosen so that you don't need to understand coding to help build a translation - you just look at the files for the primary language and translate the individual strings. The files in question for SCS are under /stratagems/lang, with a folder for each supported language.)
    edited October 2022
    jmerry wrote: »
    Checking the files in SCS ... difficulty.tra is missing from the Spanish folder. Also German, Korean, and (simplified) Chinese. This is a problem with the mod. No Spanish-language installation will have the text for the difficulty fine-tuning dialogue.

And checking the sticky topic over at the Gibberlings 3 SCS forum... it's a known issue, and can only be fixed if someone submits updates for the translation files in Spanish. It's not a language that David W. is fluent in, after all.

(Background for non-technical sorts: tra files are basically lists of numbered strings, which get referenced when the mod needs to add something as game text. It's a plain-text format, so you can open them up in any text editor. This format is chosen so that you don't need to understand coding to help build a translation - you just look at the files for the primary language and translate the individual strings. The files in question for SCS are under /stratagems/lang, with a folder for each supported language.)

I understand, i only need fix invalid text and should work 100%, im checking files override and scs.

@jmerry ok, i checked scs version Sword Coast Stratagems: Version 33.3, spanish is updated, i could use that version if @Gusinda has time :)
    Outright missing text ... that's missing entries in dialog.txt. Which isn't in the override folder. Completing the translation and then installing the mod is the way to go. (And for the Android modfile you asked for, doing that installation elsewhere and packaging the changes to a format the mobile version can use.)

If you do go to the effort of updating the SCS Spanish translation, please submit it to that thread I pointed to so it can be incorporated into future releases of the mod.
    jmerry wrote: »
    Outright missing text ... that's missing entries in dialog.txt. Which isn't in the override folder. Completing the translation and then installing the mod is the way to go. (And for the Android modfile you asked for, doing that installation elsewhere and packaging the changes to a format the mobile version can use.)

If you do go to the effort of updating the SCS Spanish translation, please submit it to that thread I pointed to so it can be incorporated into future releases of the mod.

I will try.
    edited October 2022
    Thanks @jmerry, I wasn't aware of the language problems.

Hi @Edwinax, although this is a prob, I have also uploaded the English version as well (v34.3). I would concur with @jmerry in the sense that updating the language translation is the best way to go... If the TRA was up to date as at 33.3, then it is likely that there isn't much to do.

In the meantime, with the version you have right now, you should still be seeing English text. There is no need to rename the BG2EE modfile to .7z, I have fixed that in my procedure.

Have you renamed the dialog.tlk and dialogF.tlk inside of the patch.obb file (within the path \lang\es_ES)? If not, then then this also needs to be done. Let me know if you haven't and or haven't got a clue what I am talking about and I will write some inst (just need to know where to start). There are some previous posts with the instructions, just need to find them again :blush:

Also, make sure that lang_es_ES.zip is in the root of the /files folder (sitting beside baldur.lua), and it isn't unpacked. The file has been treated to allow for the OS to read it in the way that BG expects. Another point is to make sure that the downloaded modfile is not in the games folder at all (either delete or copy to another location once it is unpacked).

If you do take the opportunity to do the translation, then I will be happy to redo the modfile in Spanish. Not sure what the updates are, but I hesitate to go backwards in versions of mods unless there are gaming breaking problems introduced.

Happy gaming
    Gus

Edit: Removed files. New versions below.
    Post edited by Gusinda on
    The Spanish translation wasn't up to date as of version 33. From the "version history" in the readme:
    SCS Readme wrote:
    Version 33.3 (19th July 2020)
    - Deprecated the Chinese, Korean and Spanish translations, as they haven't been updated since 2012 or so and the mod has changed radically since then.
    The oldest version mentioned on that page is version 22 from February 2013; we're looking at something more like version 20 for how out-of-date the Spanish translation is.
    Fortunately, most of what SCS changes is mechanical stuff in the background. The parts that actually need new strings in-game are a small fraction of the whole. Updating a translation is a manageable project for a single person.

Reverting back ten years and many major updates to get a translation that matches the mod is definitely not worth it.
    edited October 2022

Hi @Edwinax, although this is a prob, I have also uploaded the English version as well (v34.3). I would concur with @jmerry in the sense that updating the language translation is the best way to go... If the TRA was up to date as at 33.3, then it is likely that there isn't much to do.

In the meantime, with the version you have right now, you should still be seeing English text. There is no need to rename the BG2EE modfile to .7z, I have fixed that in my procedure.

Have you renamed the dialog.tlk and dialogF.tlk inside of the patch.obb file (within the path \lang\es_ES)? If not, then then this also needs to be done. Let me know if you haven't and or haven't got a clue what I am talking about and I will write some inst (just need to know where to start). There are some previous posts with the instructions, just need to find them again :blush:

Also, make sure that lang_es_ES.zip is in the root of the /files folder (sitting beside baldur.lua), and it isn't unpacked. The file has been treated to allow for the OS to read it in the way that BG expects. Another point is to make sure that the downloaded modfile is not in the games folder at all (either delete or copy to another location once it is unpacked).

If you do take the opportunity to do the translation, then I will be happy to redo the modfile in Spanish. Not sure what the updates are, but I hesitate to go backwards in versions of mods unless there are gaming breaking problems introduced.

Happy gaming
    Gus

bh74bkf549ib.jpg

Works perfectly lang.en_US i used your other posts (english ingame). i can see text with a lang_en.US and no error, i checked obb folder data/obb tool (rar), what name can i use renamed?

Image is patch obb lang_es

I want play game spanish, idc if mod is english, i understand mod. Modfile is in android/data/files/override, lang_en_US in files, so i see android check lang text mod scs, but if change to my language invalid etc....

EDIT: Maybe is version scs or no, im not sure.
    edited October 2022
    Edwinax wrote: »

Happy gaming
    Gus

bh74bkf549ib.jpg

Works perfectly lang.en_US i used your other posts (english ingame). i can see text with a lang_en.US and no error, i checked obb folder data/obb tool (rar), what name can i use renamed?

I want play game spanish, idc if mod is english, i understand mod. Modfile is in android/data/files/override, lang_en_US in files, so i see android check lang text mod scs, but if change to my language invalid etc....

EDIT: Maybe is version scs or not, im not sure, can you do modfile scs modfile 33.3? I dont like downgrade but i need test it.

bh74bkf549ib.jpg

EDIT: Maybe is version scs or not, im not sure, can you do modfile scs modfile 33.3? I dont like downgrade but i need test it.
    edited October 2022
    @Gusinda

bh74bkf549ib.jpg

Works perfectly lang.en_US i used your other posts (english ingame) i add patch obb folder android/data/files and read text(strange) only english. i can see text with a lang_en.US and no error, i checked obb folder data/obb tool (rar), what name can i use renamed?

EDIT2: I will start game english, i choose difficulty scs and then reset game a d change my language, i will memorize invalid text, thats all, thank you so mucho anyway, if you got any tips ty.
    edited October 2022
    @Gusinda hello there, i used this source your modfile: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/73872/bg1-npc-pack-mod-for-android-2-5-17-without-windows/p2

Works perfectly bg1 scs and read my languange, thanks you so much, i just need BGII scs works spanish ingame and mod text english (options,of course) like in BGEE other thread. The same process because i got pocket ui in override and works with mod scs and i can choose difficulty slider option no errors.
    Hi @Edwinax, just be aware that the version of SCS in that modfile is v32RC7... quite likely a lot of fixes and addition features have been included since then.

For your renaming of dialog.tlk in patch.obb. In the Spanish language, you will need to rename both dialog.tlk and dialogf.tlk, and make sure that the lang.zip in the root of /files is the Spanish version. This is for both BG1 and BG2 (BG1 was a little more forgiving back then). PocketUI will work the same way in BG2.

As mentioned, various parts wont work due to language problems. Unfortunately I don't have of the older versions of SCS on my drive, only the latest. The only thing I can offer is a previous Spanish modfile I did which has SCS v33.2 included (which may still be good if the language was depreciated in v33.3).

Give the renaming a go first though as this will need to be fixed to get any of the other modfiles working properly.

All the best
    Gus
    Hi @Edwinax, just be aware that the version of SCS in that modfile is v32RC7... quite likely a lot of fixes and addition features have been included since then.

For your renaming of dialog.tlk in patch.obb. In the Spanish language, you will need to rename both dialog.tlk and dialogf.tlk, and make sure that the lang.zip in the root of /files is the Spanish version. This is for both BG1 and BG2 (BG1 was a little more forgiving back then). PocketUI will work the same way in BG2.

As mentioned, various parts wont work due to language problems. Unfortunately I don't have of the older versions of SCS on my drive, only the latest. The only thing I can offer is a previous Spanish modfile I did which has SCS v33.2 included (which may still be good if the language was depreciated in v33.3).

Give the renaming a go first though as this will need to be fixed to get any of the other modfiles working properly.

All the best
    Gus

Thanks for your time, i will try fix this dilema.
    edited October 2022
    @Gusinda Can you do modfile read english SCS and Spanish? I want latest version SCS, but im glad if is SCS v33.2, problem is dialog invalid text, but doesnt work modfiles, mod dont read english, just invalid numbers(modfile english and spanish), when start new game character show me difficulty vanilla game if dont change game in english.

My request: BG1EE and BG2EE last version SCS or v33.2 (probably works) on other scs modefile im ranmed patch obb lang es_Es and works in BGEE1, BG2EE nope :_;

Version: BGEE2 2.5.16.6 i checked app information.

I need BG2 because i will play trilogy SCS, im so sorry for waste your time bro, but i need ur help.

I keep test it and thanks you so much, you are awesome.

EDIT: lastest version modfile and modfile SCS v33.2, if dont work latest version in you new modfile im happy v33.2, again thanks for you time and effort. When i have time i will try translate latest version scs in spanish.

EDIT: I forget, just i want play game in spanish and read mod in english, thats all xD, point is invalid numbers/text. I need to recognize 2 languange in one.

EDIT2: Bg1EE SCS last version works perfectly your modefile, i mess up sorry xD now i need try works BG2EE *sigh*
    Hi @Edwinax, I am sorry but I am not sure of your request. I will see if I can get it right.

- You have both Spanish and English versions of the modfile with SCS v34.3 which both didn't work.
    - You found a previous BG1EE 2.5.17.0 modfile with v32RC7 in it which did work in Spanish

Some Qs to try and work out the problem:
    - Did you rename /lang/en_US/dialog.tlk and set your game's language to English prior to trying the English version of the modfile?
    - Did you rename /lang/es_ES/dialog.tlk and dialogf.tlk as well as set your game's language to Spanish prior to trying the Spanish version of the modfile?
    ( You will need to delete each version of the modfile and treat it as a fresh install before trying, this means deleting the override folder as well as lang.zip)

To confirm what I think your request is:
    - You would like a modfile that is in Spanish Language, with the SCS v34.3 mod installed in English?
    If this is the case, then it is already done in the Spanish Modfile (with the language depreciated, it would use English to install)

- The second part to your request is that you would like to try the modfile containing SCS v33.2? I can make this happen but we need to get the game running properly first.

It is unlikely to be the modfile that is the problem though. We need to make sure we get rid of the INVALID text first. This is usually related to the dialog.tlk confusion. If there are 2 dialog.tlk that the game can read, it will take the version in patch.obb first (particularly in BG2 2.5.16.6) and be unable to show the modded content (hence INVALID). This is why we need to rename the original versions of it. English only game version use only dialog.tlk and Languages other than English have dialog.tlk and dialogf.tlk.

Hopefully all that makes sense and there isn't a translation problem.

We can get this going but we just need to step through the right procedure.

My feeling is to start again so try this...

- Remove and Reinstall BG2 (Language to Spanish).
    - Run once. The game creates the required folders in /Files (even create a new character and save the game..)
    - Close the game and rename dialog.tlk to dialog.klt and dialogf.tlk to dialogf.klt
    - Install the original modfile (Spanish). This means unpack the modfile into the /Files folder and remove the modfile itself out of the games folders. You should end up with:
    /Files/override
    /Files/Save
    /Files/baldur.lua
    /Files/lang-es_ES.zip

- Run the game and see what happens.

Follow those steps and let me know how you go. You should be able to run the game with the SCS content in English.

All the best
    Gus
    edited October 2022
    Hi @Edwinax, I am sorry but I am not sure of your request. I will see if I can get it right.

- You have both Spanish and English versions of the modfile with SCS v34.3 which both didn't work.
    - You found a previous BG1EE 2.5.17.0 modfile with v32RC7 in it which did work in Spanish

Some Qs to try and work out the problem:
    - Did you rename /lang/en_US/dialog.tlk and set your game's language to English prior to trying the English version of the modfile?
    - Did you rename /lang/es_ES/dialog.tlk and dialogf.tlk as well as set your game's language to Spanish prior to trying the Spanish version of the modfile?
    ( You will need to delete each version of the modfile and treat it as a fresh install before trying, this means deleting the override folder as well as lang.zip)

To confirm what I think your request is:
    - You would like a modfile that is in Spanish Language, with the SCS v34.3 mod installed in English?
    If this is the case, then it is already done in the Spanish Modfile (with the language depreciated, it would use English to install)

- The second part to your request is that you would like to try the modfile containing SCS v33.2? I can make this happen but we need to get the game running properly first.

It is unlikely to be the modfile that is the problem though. We need to make sure we get rid of the INVALID text first. This is usually related to the dialog.tlk confusion. If there are 2 dialog.tlk that the game can read, it will take the version in patch.obb first (particularly in BG2 2.5.16.6) and be unable to show the modded content (hence INVALID). This is why we need to rename the original versions of it. English only game version use only dialog.tlk and Languages other than English have dialog.tlk and dialogf.tlk.

Hopefully all that makes sense and there isn't a translation problem.

We can get this going but we just need to step through the right procedure.

My feeling is to start again so try this...

- Remove and Reinstall BG2 (Language to Spanish).
    - Run once. The game creates the required folders in /Files (even create a new character and save the game..)
    - Close the game and rename dialog.tlk to dialog.klt and dialogf.tlk to dialogf.klt
    - Install the original modfile (Spanish). This means unpack the modfile into the /Files folder and remove the modfile itself out of the games folders. You should end up with:
    /Files/override
    /Files/Save
    /Files/baldur.lua
    /Files/lang-es_ES.zip

- Run the game and see what happens.

Follow those steps and let me know how you go. You should be able to run the game with the SCS content in English.

All the best
    Gus

Im sorry, bg v34 scs works your modfile, im renamed obb, now i need run BG2 scs in 34, but i have problems invalid text, i did same BG1 but doesnt work in BG2, im test it and i cant run without invalid text. I have issues BG2, BG1 run perfect your modfile v34.

I will try follow your guide for BG2, but im test it like 30 times and same invalid numbers. Are you sure BG2 works in your device? Its strange, BG1 works renamed obb in your guide but in BG2 not.

My last request: SCS and Ascencion BG2, u could do it v33 scs and latest ascencion modfile, i hope fix BG2 scs v34 or wait your modfile.

Thank for you time.
    edited October 2022
    @Gusinda

EDIT: Good news! Works modfile english

rddek2uvlzw8.jpg

Now i need test it in spanish.

EDIT: Doesnt work modfile spanish version :( im follow your steps like modfile English bg2. Maybe lang modfile issues.

Good news on the English version. With the Spanish version, did you rename the dialog.tlk and dialogf.tlk in the folder /lang/es_ES (within the patch.obb file)?

Gus

edited October 2022
    Good news on the English version. With the Spanish version, did you rename the dialog.tlk and dialogf.tlk in the folder /lang/es_ES (within the patch.obb file)?

Gus

I did, but doesnt work, still overthink what is problem....

I will try test it again, maybe i got luck.

EDIT: bznlkqziqggb.jpg
    40rb8ekcj29a.jpg
    39r4w9qdpf9p.jpg
    8gzovlcxkd9i.jpg
    edited October 2022
    Edit: sorry, double post
    @Edwinax and I have done some side bar testing and found the problems. I have attached the working modfiles for others who wish to use them:

BG1EE 2.5.17.0 modfile contains:
    BG1NPC v30
    SCS v34.3

BG2EE 2.5.16.6 modfile contains:
    Ascension v2.0.21
    SCS v34.3

Both modfiles are in Spanish

All the best
    Gus
    edited October 2022
    I see... One quest Lord @Gusinda I'm using pocket gui (last) the problem is i dont see scs tune options, but i can use slider in difficulty (work scs activated) dont show maybe changes UI.menu original version.

Just curious xD

Edit: i will check your last modfiles and thanks you bro.
  • kolobokkolobok Member Posts: 3
    Hello @Gusinda,could you make those files
    Ascension v2.0.21
    SCS v34.3
    in Russian?
  • kolobokkolobok Member Posts: 3
    @Gusinda could you make the same for me but with Russian?
    Hi @kolobok, these ones are the same we did with PM. Did you want them again?

Gus
  • AzyraAzyra Member Posts: 22
    Hi @kolobok, these ones are the same we did with PM. Did you want them again?

Gus

Você poderia fzr pra mim? Do que em ptbr?
  • AzyraAzyra Member Posts: 22
    mmcnqaddyetq.jpg

Tenho o game traduzido para ptbr e gostaria dos mods Ascension,
    Sword Coast Stratagems,
    E o outro que corrige as magias. Grato desde já