Skip to content

The Grey Clan (Injured Woman Fixed)

TheFinalEntityTheFinalEntity Member Posts: 10
edited May 2023 in BG:EE Mods
Hello,
I have been playing in a modded BGEE multiplayer run with some friends and we were having some trouble with the injured woman not spawning and/or being removed immediately after being manually spawned with the console. I took the liberty of fixing the issue, which actually happened to be really easy. Checking the creature file of the injured woman (BW05FFAP.CRE) I noticed that her class levels were set to 9/1/1, her HP was 5/54 and her state was set to diseased. I changed her state to normal and spawned her again and she stayed in game. I was able to complete the dialog with her with no issues.

I then checked the GLOBAL variable for the quest advancement via console CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("BW05_TGC1","GLOBAL"). This variable value should be 5 prior to conversing with her and 6 afterward. This was the case when I tested it. I then loaded a previous save to ensure that she would spawn properly after the enemies were defeated in the area in which she spawns and she spawned and conversed properly. The GLOBAL variable was also updated properly yet again.

I believe the issue was that her con is 9 and her current HP was 5 and whatever disease she had was applying a con penalty to her and thus reducing her total HP by 1/level for 9/1/1 levels and thus bringing her to negative HP. So when spawning her in the game with CurrentHP < 0 the game engine was statically removing her and since she wasn't reduced to 0 or less HP while spawned in game she didn't actually die and thus there would be no death animation/sound/text and no body left in game, since she was statically removed. I could be wrong, but this seems to be the case.

Either Way the event works properly now, if you are comfortable you can change her state within your own files or I have attached a link to download the edited .CRE file. All you have to do is download it and copy it into your override folder and replace the current one. The event will work for you after that.

Here is a link to the mod repository on GitHub (pull request submitted): 'The Grey Clan' (This patch is now included)
Post edited by TheFinalEntity on

Comments

• M4RTM4RT Member Posts: 5
    Yay TY Vlandis! :)
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    We appreciate the patch, but pweath use more, smaller paragraphs.

Thankee!
  • TheFinalEntityTheFinalEntity Member Posts: 10
    edited May 2023
    Endarire wrote: »
    We appreciate the patch, but pweath use more, smaller paragraphs.

Thankee!

Noted. Paragraph has been split. :)
    Post edited by TheFinalEntity on
    Thankee!

Also, submitting a pull request to this mod's GitHub with the fixed files would make it easier for the community to download things with fewer steps.
    edited May 2023
    Thankee!

Also, submitting a pull request to this mod's GitHub with the fixed files would make it easier for the community to download things with fewer steps.

Noted, I have created the pull request and submitted it to the mod owner. Thank you for your advice/assistance. :smiley:

Here is a link to the mod repository on GitHub: The Grey Clan
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    Cool! Thanks for this. k4thos makes pushes to GitHub occasionally so hopefully he'll see this soon.
    Danke!
    edited May 2023
    M4RT wrote: »
    Yay TY Vlandis! :)
    jastey wrote: »
    Cool! Thanks for this. k4thos makes pushes to GitHub occasionally so hopefully he'll see this soon.
    Danke!

I received an email from GitHub regarding my pull request for this patch. It has been merged with the main files. Subsequent downloads of 'The Grey Clan' mod will now have this patch included. Just remember, you must gather your mods before venturing forth.
    @TheFinalEntity
    The way you mentioned that sounded to me like we need to Borg our mods.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    Great! Thank you, and thank you to k4thos (aka @swit ) for merging it so quickly.
    edited May 2023
    @TheFinalEntity
    The way you mentioned that sounded to me like we need to Borg our mods.

Hahaha nope no need to Borg mods. Sorry I was trying to be clever...Guess my Intelligence is high enough but my Charisma needs a bump to word it right...now where did I put that ring of human influence and that rod of terror... ... ...