Skip to content

[MOD] Dark Tidings - a quest mod for BG2

AciferAcifer Member Posts: 153
edited February 4 in BGII:EE Mods
skvwmtrgwqa5.png

DON'T DEPEND TOO MUCH ON ANYONE IN THIS WORLD, BECAUSE EVEN YOUR OWN SHADOW LEAVES YOU WHEN YOU ARE IN DARKNESS.

For thousands of years, the magical light of the Sea Tower of Irphong has been a steady guide for sailors making their passage through Asavir's Channel - until now, because the light of the Sea Tower has extinguished. There have long been rumors of pirates using the island as a hideout, as well as Dragon Turtles and Kraken that have made the shallows around the island their home. There is only one way to uncover the secret behind the darkness of the Sea Tower: You must sail to the island and search for the cause of the extinguished beacon.

zj16f8mzgv7a.jpg

Dark Tidings is a quest mod for Baldur's Gate II. It starts in the docks district of Athkatla (in the tavern Sea's Bounty) and is playable right from the beginning of the SoA part of the trilogy.

Key features:
- New areas to discover, completely designed in 3D from scratch
- New monsters to defeat
- New treasure to recover
- Playing time: 1-2 hours
- Languages: English, German

You do not need to start a new game to start the quest of this mod. The Mod is intended for a well-balanced party of levels 9-12. To complete some of the optional components you will need either a mage, bard, cleric, shaman, sorcerer or druid in your party.

The adventure is based on descriptions from the "Lands of Intrigue" sourcebook by Steven E. Schend and inspired by the adventure "The Darkhouse of Saerloon" (from "Faiths and Pantheons") by Eric L. Boyd and Eric Mona.

Dark Tidings is compatible with the following versions of Baldur's Gate II:

- BG2 - ToB (the original-non-EE-Version)
- BG2EE - the Enhanced-Edition version of Baldur's Gate 2
- Baldur's Gate Trilogy (BGT)
- Enhanced Edition Trilogy (EET)

Please note that there are different installation requirements for the different versions of the game. See the readme for details.

Download at Kerzenburgforum:
https://baldurs-gate.de/index.php?resources/dark-tidings.65/

Readme:
https://baldurs-gate.de/acifer/Dark_Tidings_Readme.pdf

Credits:
Acifer: Mod design, Graphics
@Sirick : English version
Laura Hirsbrunner: Readme Microsoft Word template

Special Thanks:
@LavaDelVortel : Additional help & ideas, Beta testing
Morywen: Beta testing

Screenshots:
b3l37lvtz0es.jpg

ond9o3gamz5x.jpg

ai4l77zlv24s.png

upofbkjamnws.png
Post edited by Acifer on

Comments

• LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,702
    As a tester, I must say I really enjoyed that quest mod! Definitely a must when composing new BG2EE setups and I even exclude some of my own mods!

Congratulations, @Acifer :)
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    Congratulations on the release!
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    Thankee! Alleluia!

May we also get this posted on GitHub for posterity?
  • bonewhiteglorybonewhiteglory Member Posts: 19
    Oh FUCK yes this looks incredible, thank you so much Acifer! I've just started a new BG2 run so I will be adding this asap. That art is just gorgeous, and the quests sound so intriguing!
  • AciferAcifer Member Posts: 153
    Thank you all for your kind feedback!
    I currently have no plans to release the mod on Github. The time I would need to get proficient in Github, I'd rather invest in finishing my next mods. ;)
    I have added two more screenshots as an appetizer. :)
  • shadowlichshadowlich Member Posts: 51
    Impressive mod, just finished it with a party of 4 of level 20 (just in case...) :)

FYI, I recode your install setup and you copy "Tidings/lightmaps" and "Tidings/searchmaps" to override but it is (seems) unnecessary because of "Tidings/areas/copy"
    shadowlich wrote: »
    Impressive mod, just finished it with a party of 4 of level 20 (just in case...) :)
    Thank you very much!
    shadowlich wrote: »
    FYI, I recode your install setup and you copy "Tidings/lightmaps" and "Tidings/searchmaps" to override but it is (seems) unnecessary because of "Tidings/areas/copy"
    Yes, this may seem a bit odd.
    First, I copy the files from "Tidings/areas/copy" and then from "Tidings/lightmaps" and "Tidings/searchmaps". The background for this: I created the lightmaps and one searchmap after I edited the areas with IETME. All lightmaps have been rendered in my 3D suite. When I re-edit something with IETME, it reads the light, search and heightmaps from the respective .slh file and overwrites the existing .bmp file.
    For the lightmaps, I initially used 24bit lightmaps, but that resulted in a CTD when characters were on the edges of an area. So I changed these to 8bit. For the searchmaps, I manually added some things that IETME couldn't handle. That's the reason why there are two lightmap and searchmap files in the installation directory at the moment. I will delete the files in the "Tidings/areas/copy" folder and the .slh files when all areas seem to be ok and no further editing is needed. Right now I'm still struggling with some lines around doors and a glitch in the water of the lighthouse night graphic. As soon as I have fixed that and no more issues are reported, I can hopefully put the area editing aside.

• StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,354
    Awesome. Thank you for this
  • SourSour Member Posts: 82
    This looks promising. I have a few new mods to my usual install that I want to test so I probably won't get to this for another 6 months but I'll wait and see how the resection is and allow time for bug fixes if any bugs crop up. I'll keep an eye on it though and plan to give it a shot on my next run of the game after this one. It looks nice and it's great to see new places to explore and new quests to take on after all of these years.
  • TheWildestMageTheWildestMage Member Posts: 9
    Since I've just created a Beamdog Forum account (after a million years of lurking), I might as well leave my review of this mod here, for others to see, if they're thinking of checking this out:

-Story/dialogue: the best way to summarize the quest's story/dialogue IMO is simply that it fits in perfectly with the base game. The tone, the amount of dialogue (sometimes modders go a bit overboard on this, remember: BG2 is not Planescape Torment!), the way you can handle things through gameplay instead of just pure dialogue (eg you can just backstab someone instead of talking to them and it won't break your progress). It all fits very well IMO. And it also takes you to some very cool places!

-Art: once again, it fits right in with the base game. If you told me these maps were produced by the original devs or Beamdog, you could've fooled me. And there are some nice-looking new monsters too, which is a treat! Even small caves have very cool features (a big ass "crab throne", for example) and I won't spoil it too much, but you do go to a pretty unusual place at one point that looks awesome.

-Gameplay: as great as the other aspects of this mod are, this is the bit that impressed me the most. Most mods out there either: have too little combat, have too much combat, are too easy or are too annoying (not actually hard for a veteran player, just way too restricting in how you have to deal with things, like enemies with a million immunities). But this is not that! ONCE AGAIN, the best way to describe this mod's combat encounters is simply: it fits right in with the base game. Varied enemies, varied encounters (ie enemy combos), some enemies that work really well with one another (some even with a few new spells to surprise you!) and difficulty that's *just right* (relatively easy for my solo Mage/Thief, but it sure feels like other players or even just other characters will have a much harder time here and there) and pretty much no enemies that have a million immunities. So, you know, you get to use your character's toolset, whatever it is! Fun! Pretty damn near perfect gameplay IMO and it's the one aspect I almost always have a problem with in mods.

In short: this honestly feels like an official add-on/expansion pack. The only reason it's not entirely mindblowing is cause it's a short-ish quest, but, you know, it does what it's meant to do and does it incredibly well! Give it a try!
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    I will surely give it a try in my next run!
    Thank you @Acifer .
    Since I've just created a Beamdog Forum account (after a million years of lurking), I might as well leave my review of this mod here, for others to see, if they're thinking of checking this out:
    In short: this honestly feels like an official add-on/expansion pack. The only reason it's not entirely mindblowing is cause it's a short-ish quest, but, you know, it does what it's meant to do and does it incredibly well! Give it a try!
    Thank you so much for this detailed review! I'm glad you liked the mod. This motivates me tremendously to finish all the projects I've begun as soon as possible. :)
    gorgonzola wrote: »
    I will surely give it a try in my next run!
    Thank you! I hope you will enjoy the mod.
  • ErykErykErykEryk Member Posts: 25
    the mod is amazing. truly it would fit into vanilla . im so looking forward to your other works
    edited July 2023
    @ErykEryk : Thank you very much! Yes, I try to stick closely to the main game when developing my mods. I hope to be able to present some new stuff soon.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 877
    This mod looks brilliant.
    I'm looking forward to playing through this when my character makes it to SoA!
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580

I'm currently playing through this mod, but the game keeps freezing/crashing at exactly the same point:
    whenever I attempt to enter the portal at the bottom of the tower

I'm currently playing with version 1.4 of the mod and version 1.3.2064 of BG2:EE.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
    edited August 2023
    I'm currently playing with version 1.4 of the mod and version 1.3.2064 of BG2:EE.
    I fear that the older version of BG2EE V 1.3 might be the problem, because so far such a crash has never been reported in later versions of BG2EE.
    Do you happen to have a way to update BG2EE to the latest 2.6? EDIT: With all the precautions regarding mod incompatibility and deleted override folders when updating the game, of course....
    When exactly does the game crash? When clicking on the transition trigger? When loading the new area?
    And could you attach your WeiDU.log as a spoiler?
    Acifer wrote: »
    I fear that the older version of BG2EE V 1.3 might be the problem, because so far such a crash has never been reported in later versions of BG2EE.
    Do you happen to have a way to update BG2EE to the latest 2.6? EDIT: With all the precautions regarding mod incompatibility and deleted override folders when updating the game, of course....
    When exactly does the game crash? When clicking on the transition trigger? When loading the new area?
    And could you attach your WeiDU.log as a spoiler?

It happens as soon as I click on the portal and the party attempts to pass through... the screen freezes on the image of the party walking into the portal.

Here is my current weidu log:
    // Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~S9SOUNDSETSVOL2/SETUP-S9SOUNDSETSVOL2.TP2~ #0 #100 // FThief1: 1.01
    ~S9SOUNDSETSVOL2/SETUP-S9SOUNDSETSVOL2.TP2~ #0 #110 // FThief2: 1.01
    ~S9SOUNDSETSVOL2/SETUP-S9SOUNDSETSVOL2.TP2~ #0 #120 // F_Barb: 1.01
    ~S9SOUNDSETSVOL2/SETUP-S9SOUNDSETSVOL2.TP2~ #0 #130 // F_Bard: 1.01
    ~S9SOUNDSETSVOL2/SETUP-S9SOUNDSETSVOL2.TP2~ #0 #140 // F_Drow: 1.01
    ~S9SOUNDSETSVOL2/SETUP-S9SOUNDSETSVOL2.TP2~ #0 #150 // F_Fgt01: 1.01
    ~S9SOUNDSETSVOL2/SETUP-S9SOUNDSETSVOL2.TP2~ #0 #160 // F_Fgt02: 1.01
    ~S9SOUNDSETSVOL2/SETUP-S9SOUNDSETSVOL2.TP2~ #0 #170 // F_Fgt03: 1.01
    ~S9SOUNDSETSVOL2/SETUP-S9SOUNDSETSVOL2.TP2~ #0 #180 // F_Fgt04: 1.01
    ~S9SOUNDSETSVOL2/SETUP-S9SOUNDSETSVOL2.TP2~ #0 #190 // F_Fgt05: 1.01
    ~S9SOUNDSETSVOL2/SETUP-S9SOUNDSETSVOL2.TP2~ #0 #200 // F_HOrc1: 1.01
    ~S9SOUNDSETSVOL2/SETUP-S9SOUNDSETSVOL2.TP2~ #0 #210 // F_HoW1: 1.01
    ~S9SOUNDSETSVOL2/SETUP-S9SOUNDSETSVOL2.TP2~ #0 #220 // F_HoW2: 1.01
    ~S9SOUNDSETSVOL2/SETUP-S9SOUNDSETSVOL2.TP2~ #0 #230 // F_HoW3: 1.01
    ~S9SOUNDSETSVOL2/SETUP-S9SOUNDSETSVOL2.TP2~ #0 #240 // F_Mage1: 1.01
    ~S9SOUNDSETSVOL2/SETUP-S9SOUNDSETSVOL2.TP2~ #0 #250 // F_Mage2: 1.01
    ~S9SOUNDSETSVOL2/SETUP-S9SOUNDSETSVOL2.TP2~ #0 #260 // F_Mage3: 1.01
    ~S9SOUNDSETSVOL2/SETUP-S9SOUNDSETSVOL2.TP2~ #0 #270 // F_Mage4: 1.01
    ~S9SOUNDSETSVOL2/SETUP-S9SOUNDSETSVOL2.TP2~ #0 #280 // F_Mage5: 1.01
    ~S9SOUNDSETSVOL2/SETUP-S9SOUNDSETSVOL2.TP2~ #0 #290 // F_Monk1: 1.01
    ~S9SOUNDSETSVOL2/SETUP-S9SOUNDSETSVOL2.TP2~ #0 #300 // F_Sorc1: 1.01
    ~S9SOUNDSETSVOL2/SETUP-S9SOUNDSETSVOL2.TP2~ #0 #310 // MThief1: 1.01
    ~S9SOUNDSETSVOL2/SETUP-S9SOUNDSETSVOL2.TP2~ #0 #320 // MThief2: 1.01
    ~S9SOUNDSETSVOL2/SETUP-S9SOUNDSETSVOL2.TP2~ #0 #330 // M_Barb: 1.01
    ~S9SOUNDSETSVOL2/SETUP-S9SOUNDSETSVOL2.TP2~ #0 #340 // M_Bard: 1.01
    ~S9SOUNDSETSVOL2/SETUP-S9SOUNDSETSVOL2.TP2~ #0 #350 // M_Drow: 1.01
    ~S9SOUNDSETSVOL2/SETUP-S9SOUNDSETSVOL2.TP2~ #0 #360 // M_Fgt01: 1.01
    ~S9SOUNDSETSVOL2/SETUP-S9SOUNDSETSVOL2.TP2~ #0 #370 // M_Fgt02: 1.01
    ~S9SOUNDSETSVOL2/SETUP-S9SOUNDSETSVOL2.TP2~ #0 #380 // M_Fgt03: 1.01
    ~S9SOUNDSETSVOL2/SETUP-S9SOUNDSETSVOL2.TP2~ #0 #390 // M_Fgt04: 1.01
    ~S9SOUNDSETSVOL2/SETUP-S9SOUNDSETSVOL2.TP2~ #0 #400 // M_Fgt05: 1.01
    ~S9SOUNDSETSVOL2/SETUP-S9SOUNDSETSVOL2.TP2~ #0 #410 // M_HOrc1: 1.01
    ~S9SOUNDSETSVOL2/SETUP-S9SOUNDSETSVOL2.TP2~ #0 #420 // M_HoW1: 1.01
    ~S9SOUNDSETSVOL2/SETUP-S9SOUNDSETSVOL2.TP2~ #0 #430 // M_HoW2: 1.01
    ~S9SOUNDSETSVOL2/SETUP-S9SOUNDSETSVOL2.TP2~ #0 #440 // M_HoW3: 1.01
    ~S9SOUNDSETSVOL2/SETUP-S9SOUNDSETSVOL2.TP2~ #0 #450 // M_Mage1: 1.01
    ~S9SOUNDSETSVOL2/SETUP-S9SOUNDSETSVOL2.TP2~ #0 #460 // M_Mage2: 1.01
    ~S9SOUNDSETSVOL2/SETUP-S9SOUNDSETSVOL2.TP2~ #0 #470 // M_Mage3: 1.01
    ~S9SOUNDSETSVOL2/SETUP-S9SOUNDSETSVOL2.TP2~ #0 #480 // M_Mage4: 1.01
    ~S9SOUNDSETSVOL2/SETUP-S9SOUNDSETSVOL2.TP2~ #0 #490 // M_Mage5: 1.01
    ~S9SOUNDSETSVOL2/SETUP-S9SOUNDSETSVOL2.TP2~ #0 #500 // M_Monk1: 1.01
    ~S9SOUNDSETSVOL2/SETUP-S9SOUNDSETSVOL2.TP2~ #0 #510 // M_Sorc1: 1.01
    ~SKIE/SETUP-SKIE.TP2~ #1 #0 // Skie NPC - BG2
    ~SKIE/SETUP-SKIE.TP2~ #1 #1 // Alternative Skie - weaker, but with more logical statistics (different than those in BG1)
    ~CORAN/SETUP-CORAN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Coran NPC MOD for Baldur's Gate II: v5
    ~CORAN/SETUP-CORAN.TP2~ #0 #1 // Delete old Coran from the Forest of Tethyr (RECOMMENDED): v5
    ~ANGELO/SETUP-ANGELO.TP2~ #0 #0 // Angelo NPC MOD for Baldur's Gate II: v5
    ~VARSHOON/SETUP-VARSHOON.TP2~ #0 #0 // Varshoon - an illithid NPC for BG2
    ~VARSHOON/SETUP-VARSHOON.TP2~ #0 #1 // New paperdoll for illithids (inventory illustration)
    ~PAINA/SETUP-PAINA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Pai'Na NPC for BG:EE
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #21 // Hendak's Heart, by jastey: v12
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #44 // Valygar Romance, by Kulyok: v12
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #51 // Valygar Romance ToB, by Kulyok: v12
    ~YOSHIMOROMANCE/YOSHIMOROMANCE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Yoshimo Romance and additional friendship talks for BG2 / BG2EE: 4.0
    ~YOSHIMOROMANCE/YOSHIMOROMANCE.TP2~ #0 #3 // Yoshimo Portraits -> Restored old portrait for Yoshimo: 4.0
    ~KELDORN_ROM/SETUP-KELDORN_ROM.TP2~ #0 #0 // berelinde's Keldorn Romance: v3
    ~KELDORN_ROM/SETUP-KELDORN_ROM.TP2~ #0 #1 // Romance Match -> Romance is available to LG/NG protagonists only (Recommended): v3
    ~HAERDALISROMANCE/HAERDALISROMANCE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Haer'Dalis Romance (SoA & ToB): v2
    ~DORN/SETUP-DORN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dorn expanded romance by trinit: v3.0
    ~BARDICWONDERS/SETUP-BARDICWONDERS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Bardic Wonders: Abettor of Mask Kit
    ~BARDICWONDERS/SETUP-BARDICWONDERS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Bardic Wonders: Dancer Kit
    ~BARDICWONDERS/SETUP-BARDICWONDERS.TP2~ #0 #2 // Bardic Wonders: Storm Drummer Kit
    ~BARDICWONDERS/SETUP-BARDICWONDERS.TP2~ #0 #3 // Bardic Wonders: Troubadour Kit
    ~BARDICWONDERS/SETUP-BARDICWONDERS.TP2~ #0 #4 // Bardic Wonders: Items
    ~SETUP-HESSANPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // Hessa NPC Mod (Requires Throne of Bhaal)
    ~ASHARNPC/SETUP-ASHARNPC.TP2~ #1 #0 // Ashar NPC: v1.1
    ~TIAX/SETUP-TIAX.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tiax NPC MOD for Baldur's Gate II: v4
    ~SAREVOKROMANCE/SAREVOKROMANCE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Aeryn's Sarevok Romance for BGII: Throne of Bhaal: 1.3
    ~SEDUCERKIT/SEDUCERKIT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Seducer Kit for Thieves: v1.32
    ~JKITS/SETUP-JKITS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Kenshei: v7
    ~JKITS/SETUP-JKITS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Undead Eliminator: v7
    ~JKITS/SETUP-JKITS.TP2~ #0 #2 // Amazon: v7
    ~ANISHAI/ANISHAI.TP2~ #0 #0 // Anishai one-day NPC: v2
    ~THEBEAURINLEGACY/SETUP-THEBEAURINLEGACY.TP2~ #0 #0 // BGII:SoA & ToB - The Beaurin Legacy: v2.1.1
    ~WANDCASE/WANDCASE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Wand Case: v1.3
    ~HOUSETWEAKS/HOUSETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #0 // House Tweaks: Expanded Racial Enemies: 1.91
    ~HOUSETWEAKS/HOUSETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2 // House Tweaks: Expanded Racial Bonuses: 1.91
    ~HOUSETWEAKS/HOUSETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3 // House Tweaks: Rebalanced Weapon Styles: 1.91
    ~HOUSETWEAKS/HOUSETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4 // House Tweaks: Monk Can Use Quarterstaves: 1.91
    ~HOUSETWEAKS/HOUSETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #5 // House Tweaks: Increased Constitution Bonuses: 1.91
    ~HOUSETWEAKS/HOUSETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #6 // House Tweaks: Warrior HLAs: 1.91
    ~HOUSETWEAKS/HOUSETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #9 // House Tweaks: Good-Aligned Roleplay Rewards (BG2:EE): 1.91
    ~HOUSETWEAKS/HOUSETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #11 // House Tweaks: Give Stat Bonuses to EENPCs in BG2 (except Hexxat): 1.91
    ~HOUSETWEAKS/HOUSETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #12 // House Tweaks: Useful Plot Items: 1.91
    ~MONASTICORDERS/SETUP-MONASTICORDERS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Core Monk Revisions: 0.3
    ~MONASTICORDERS/SETUP-MONASTICORDERS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Expanded Race Options: 0.3
    ~MONASTICORDERS/SETUP-MONASTICORDERS.TP2~ #0 #2 // Hin Fist Monk: 0.3
    ~MONASTICORDERS/SETUP-MONASTICORDERS.TP2~ #0 #3 // Shining Hand Monk: 0.3
    ~MONASTICORDERS/SETUP-MONASTICORDERS.TP2~ #0 #4 // Broken One Monk: 0.3
    ~MONASTICORDERS/SETUP-MONASTICORDERS.TP2~ #0 #5 // Long Death Monk: 0.3
    ~MONASTICORDERS/SETUP-MONASTICORDERS.TP2~ #0 #6 // Old Order Monk: 0.3
    ~MONASTICORDERS/SETUP-MONASTICORDERS.TP2~ #0 #7 // New Monk Items: 0.3
    ~DEITIESOFFAERUN/DEITIESOFFAERUN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Base Cleric Changes (required for all components): 1.9.7.6.4
    ~DEITIESOFFAERUN/DEITIESOFFAERUN.TP2~ #0 #7 // Install kit: Alaghor of Clangeddin: 1.9.7.6.4
    ~DEITIESOFFAERUN/DEITIESOFFAERUN.TP2~ #0 #13 // Install kit: Holy Justice of Tyr: 1.9.7.6.4
    ~DEITIESOFFAERUN/DEITIESOFFAERUN.TP2~ #0 #17 // Install kit: Holy Champion of Torm: 1.9.7.6.4
    ~DEITIESOFFAERUN/DEITIESOFFAERUN.TP2~ #0 #51 // Install kit: Truesword of Arvoreen: 1.9.7.6.4
    ~DEITIESOFFAERUN/DEITIESOFFAERUN.TP2~ #0 #81 // Strongholds Alterings (by Kjeron) - Requires the respective kit component: 1.9.7.6.4
    ~VICONIAREVAMPED/SETUP-VICONIAREVAMPED.TP2~ #0 #60 // Add special ability: Embrace of Shar: v6.2
    ~DEARNISE/SETUP-DEARNISE.TP2~ #0 #0 // de'Arnise Romance for Baldur's Gate II: v5
    ~SARADAS_REVISIONED_SHAPESHIFTER/SARADAS_REVISIONED_SHAPESHIFTER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Saradas_Revisioned_Shapeshifter
    ~SHURININJA/SHURININJA.TP2~ #0 #10 // Shuri Ninja Kit -> Shuri Ninja Kit (legacy): 2.0.0
    ~OOZELORD/SETUP-OOZELORD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Preliminary Setup (Install this if you are going to install the rest of the kit): 1.4
    ~OOZELORD/SETUP-OOZELORD.TP2~ #0 #1 // Oozelord Cleric Kit for BGEE and BG2EE: 1.4
    ~OOZELORD/SETUP-OOZELORD.TP2~ #0 #2 // Copying (INSTALL THIS): 1.4
    ~SHAPESHIFTERFIGHTERKIT/SHAPESHIFTERFIGHTERKIT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Shapeshifter Kit for Fighters: 1.0
    ~C#SB_SILBER/SETUP-C#SB_SILBER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Adalon's Blood - Modification for BGII by Gandalf the white: 15
    ~TIDINGS/SETUP-TIDINGS.TP2~ #1 #0 // Dark Tidings V. 1.4
    ~ALTERNATIVES/SETUP-ALTERNATIVES.TP2~ #0 #0 // Alternatives: v14
    ~FISHINGFORTROUBLE/FISHINGFORTROUBLE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Fishing for Trouble by Yovaneth: v3.2.8
    ~ROTERROR/SETUP-ROTERROR.TP2~ #0 #0 // Region Of Terror, v3.1 EE: v3.1 EE
    ~DUSK/DUSK.TP2~ #1 #0 // Dusk MOD: v0.9.4
    ~BP-BGT-WORLDMAP/SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Worldmap for Baldur's Gate - including colored Baldur's Gate map icons: v10.2.6
    ~BP-BGT-WORLDMAP/SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #1 // Worldmap for Throne of Bhaal -> Use new Worldmap for Throne of Bhaal as well: v10.2.6
    ~AMBER/AMBER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Amber the NPC MOD: v5
    ~A7-CONVENIENTEENPCS/SETUP-A7-CONVENIENTEENPCS.TP2~ #0 #3 // Modify Enhanced Edition NPCs -> Decide for each NPC individually: v4.0
    ~A7-CONVENIENTEENPCS/SETUP-A7-CONVENIENTEENPCS.TP2~ #0 #104 // Modify individually: Neera -> Disable Neera: v4.0
    ~A7-CONVENIENTEENPCS/SETUP-A7-CONVENIENTEENPCS.TP2~ #0 #105 // Modify individually: Rasaad -> Disable Rasaad: v4.0
    ~A7-CONVENIENTEENPCS/SETUP-A7-CONVENIENTEENPCS.TP2~ #0 #301 // Make NPC-specific items available for everyone: v4.0
    ~A7-CONVENIENTEENPCS/SETUP-A7-CONVENIENTEENPCS.TP2~ #0 #664 // Change class/kit: Hexxat -> Mage/Thief: v4.0
    ~A7-CONVENIENTEENPCS/SETUP-A7-CONVENIENTEENPCS.TP2~ #0 #683 // Change class/kit: Clara -> Swashbuckler: v4.0
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Aerie, Anomen, Jaheira and Viconia React to Romantic Encounters: v12
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Chanelle's Gifts, by cmorgan (adult content): v12
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #41 // Isabelle's Fears, by gertjanvh (adult content): v12
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #43 // The Queen, by Domi: v12
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #50 // Cernick's Confession, by Cal Jones: v12
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #53 // Nizidramanii'yt's Vanity, by Thimblerig: v12
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #54 // Date Night, by SisterVigilante: v12
    ~VICONIAREVAMPED/SETUP-VICONIAREVAMPED.TP2~ #0 #10 // Viconia Revamped -> Multi-class: Thief/Cleric: v6.2
    ~RELIEVEWIZARDSLAYER/RELIEVEWIZARDSLAYER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Relieve Wizard Slayer: 1.7
    ~CLIFFKEY/SETUP-CLIFFKEY.TP2~ #0 #0 // A Mod for the Orderly - Add a Keyring to Faerun! See readme for more details about the choices below. -> Nanoquest version: v7
    ~ISRA_BG2/ISRA_BG2.TP2~ #0 #0 // Isra for BGII: v2.1
    ~ISRA_BG2/ISRA_BG2.TP2~ #0 #1 // Crossmod Content: v2.1

Thanks.
    edited August 2023
    I found an old CD of BG2EE with version 1.3.2064. Using this BG2 version I was able to reproduce the crash, and I know the reason. The older versions of the Enhanced Editions do not contain all the files needed for proper working animations - in that particular case, IWD2's Worg animation is missing. Since Dark Tidings uses this animation, it is not present in your game.
    However, you can quickly make the game compatible by deleting the references for a specific creature (AC#DTSM1.cre). I sent you an updated, BG2EE V1.3 compatible are-file via PM, as it may take some time to solve that problem in the next mod version.

I have to think of a workaround for this without making the mod incompatible with newer versions of BG2EE.
    Sorry for the inconvenience! I had not expected that version 1.3 of BG2EE is still played.
    Acifer wrote: »
    I found an old CD of BG2EE with version 1.3.2064. Using this BG2 version I was able to reproduce the crash, and I know the reason. The older versions of the Enhanced Editions do not contain all the files needed for proper working animations - in that particular case, IWD2's Worg animation is missing. Since Dark Tidings uses this animation, it is not present in your game.
    However, you can quickly make the game compatible by deleting the references for a specific creature (AC#DTSM1.cre). I sent you an updated, BG2EE V1.3 compatible are-file via PM, as it may take some time to solve that problem in the next mod version.

I have to think of a workaround for this without making the mod incompatible with newer versions of BG2EE.
    Sorry for the inconvenience! I had not expected that version 1.3 of BG2EE is still played.

Thanks a lot for all your help - I was able to access the portal and finish the quest. A fantastically well-made mod!

The reason I still use an older version of BG2EE is because I didn't like some of the cosmetic changes of the newer versions and I didn't want to keep re-installing my (many) mods every time a new update was released. Many new mods won't even install on my version of BG2EE, but the issue with the portal was the only notable issue I encountered using your mod.

Thanks again.

• masteralephmasteraleph Member Posts: 270
    OK so I feel like I'm missing something really obvious. But I
    am wearing the cult helmet and have the shadow brick, and absolutely cannot figure out what to do from here
    You have to place the brick in a certain area (where you found the shadow matter) while wearing the helmet.
  • masteralephmasteraleph Member Posts: 270
    Thanks! In retrospect that made a lot of sense

Really fun mod- I liked it overall and I think you're right about the level of challenge
    Really fun mod- I liked it overall and I think you're right about the level of challenge
    Thank you! I’m glad you liked the mod.

• IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    Will you add the island to the BP/BGT world map eventually?
    Isewein wrote: »
    Will you add the island to the BP/BGT world map eventually?
    Dark Tidings does not use any world map, so it should be compatible with BGT/BP without any problems. The mod's story is designed to find other means to enter and leave the remote island.
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    Oh I realised, I just like to have areas on the map for completeness' sake, and since you provided such a lovely map in the readme already I thought it would be a good lore addition, even if regular travel there were blocked.

It's a great little quest. I found the challenge level entirely appropriate for Ch3. The areas are really impressive. Thank you for all the effort put into the mod!

• EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    I agree with Isewein's assessment of a world map icon, preferably with some means of overworld travel, would help.

Back to Brynnlaw already provides precedent for returning to an island.

Regardless, thankee for this mod!
    edited August 2023
    Isewein wrote: »
    Oh I realised, I just like to have areas on the map for completeness' sake, and since you provided such a lovely map in the readme already I thought it would be a good lore addition, even if regular travel there were blocked.
    It's a great little quest. I found the challenge level entirely appropriate for Ch3. The areas are really impressive. Thank you for all the effort put into the mod!
    Thank you very much for your feedback! I'm glad you like the mod. Adding an own worldmap icon is a nice idea. Lava had mentioned this as well, and as many of his mods all have new worldmaps, I will follow his example and see what I can do. However, I think I'll have to spend all the time into the next upcoming mods first, so it may take some time before I can post a worldmap update for Dark Tidings. :)
  • megrimlockmegrimlock Member Posts: 40
    Weirdly your unreleased mod Silver Realms already has a bunch of areas ready to go in the latest version of the worldmap mod. Or maybe that isn't weird, I don't think we know anything about the development process for that one.