Skip to content

World Map Issue

Wjm4thWjm4th Member Posts: 15
Using the BP BGT world map on a several year old build with many many mods, and I keep adding interesting new mods, however, many of the mod map markers do not appear (such as Westchar, the Arena, Purskal, etc`).. Have been CLUA ing to the areas, but wondering if there is a quick fix that does not require uninstalling mods or a new clean install.

Can't find such a fix on the interweb, but you folks seem to be experts so I thought it was at least worth asking. Thanks, and happy Friday.

Comments

• GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    If you install content mods after BP-BGT Worldmap, then it's all your fault for ignoring the readmes and proper installation order.

There's no "quick fix" , the worldmap would need to be rebuilt on that setup.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,673
    Also, in case you didn't, you need to start a new install after altering the worldmap.

And as already pointed out, install the Worldmap mod after the mods that add areas to it, There is some mods that are independent on install order, but then the map icons will have an offset.
  • shevy123456shevy123456 Member Posts: 179
    I also had issues there, but oddly enough, using the Worldmap map, made it possible
    for me to solve other quests that do not appear on the original map.

I skip the huge mega-map, because it actually created problems for me, whereas
    the slightly bigger map seems to be the best solution.

Unfortunately I think even with the above hints, I still think there are incompatibilities
    due to other maps changing the map area. See my other report of the moneylenders
    mod where I can not initially enter the main circus, but I can enter it AFTER I visited the
    bank. So there must be some code part that triggers that oddity; normally the arrow
    changes of the pointer interface when you are informed that you can enter an area.

So perhaps this part:

> then the map icons will have an offset.

Is indeed the case. But I think it can not be the only explanation, because after I
    visit the bank, in the very same spot as normal, I can enter the circus, when before
    visiting the bank I can not. So I think not all issues are related to an offset only.

This may also be due to other mods creating these problems. Some mods are
    great and never cause an issue; other mods keep on causing problems. It's kind
    of sad, since the game with mods can be a LOT of fun, but with more issues, that
    fun is lessened.

I always install the world map last. Some mods really have to be installed lateron.

Oddly enough, the biggest problems I always had with mods that try to change
    too many things; but then, the second biggest problems came from NPC
    (!!!) mods. Some dialogues suddenly stop, but the NPCs is trying to talk but
    it never resumes talking yet it interrupts my character. And sometimes this
    leads to odd bugs like in the docks area, where there is no NPC that wants
    to talk, but my main character keeps on STOPPING to walk as if someone
    else would talk. And I have no idea what triggers this - I am sure some NPC
    tries to trigger it but the NPC is not even there anymore.