Skip to content

[mod] The Dreadful Tales: The Bloodied Stings of Barovia - a dark Ravenloft adventure

13»

Comments

• LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,767
    Thanks for your kind words!
  • baldursbeornbaldursbeorn Member Posts: 4
    @LavaDelVortel I got the five items needed but there's no container to place them in the first area where i landed. Tried putting them on the ground near the ritual symbol but it does nothing.
    Figured "eh, i'll just teleport myself back to athkatla" but back there i realized im still stuck with the Barovian map, meaning i can't go anywhere anyway, except different areas of Barovia.
    Got any tips, screenshots, workarounds?

PS its sad that this is my first comment on the forum, but i'll spice it up by saying i absolutely love your mods.
    Hi! It looks like you haven't picked up the list of items needed for the ritual? Is there a chance you somehow read it without actually picking it up so the variables were never set?

Once you have all 5 components AND had the list in your inventory for at least a moment, that should make the container available so that you can place the items there.

Picking up the list sets a variable - Global("L#RVSeenTheList","GLOBAL",1)

So it's best if you load your game from before you consoled yourself from Barovia and make sure you have finished everything:
    killed the queen, used the poison on the king's sarcophagus using a poison you may find in the basement, told the farmer about everything, picked the list of items needed for the return and gathered your loot using a chest the queen had -- there is a chest on the main floor that can be opened with that key, hope you didn't miss it!

If you did all of that and then gathered all 5 items, the container should be here:
    jwag221g7j7j.png

There is an alternative, but please, try using / checking the solution above before trying this one.

So, you can also load the game while you were still in Barovia, with everything, next to that symbol and then use this console command:

C:Eval('StartCutScene("L#RVBYE")')

But I would say it's the last resort thing.
    @LavaDelVortel I did everything you listed and have all five items as well as the list in the MC inventory now and still no container, i tried resting and switching maps/screens.
    I did pick up the gem long before i entered the mansion and got the list though, if that matters?

Maybe for all our sanity i'll be using the last resort console solution, don't wanna keep you busy over an old mod.
    Thanks for your time, and please keep modding.
    @LavaDelVortel
    I did pick up the gem long before i entered the mansion and got the list though, if that matters?
    It shouldn't :)

Maybe something got messed up with the journal entry variable.

Check these variables:
    "L#RVSeenTheList" -- this one should be 1
    "L#RVStartJ" -- this one should be 4 before gathering all 5 components and should be set to 5 once you have all 5 and have seen the list, and that also sets Global("L#RVActivateReturner","GLOBAL",1) which activates the container.
    @LavaDelVortel
    SeenTheList is 1.
    Startj is set to 1, despite the items being in my inventory.
    I picked up the gem, the feathers and the grave dust before talking to the farmer, but the dialogue is exhausted with him as per that save.
    Woah, it's super weird as it should be set to 2 right after the text screen that shows right after arriving to Barovia. I really have no idea what went wrong with your installation.

You may try using this code:

C:SetGlobal("L#RVStartJ","GLOBAL",4) while on area L#RV01 (the one with the symbol) and all the components. See if that with push it all forward.

If not, then perhaps just use the last resort code and then, when you are back and in the crypt in the Graveyard District, use C:SetGlobal("L#RVStartJ","GLOBAL",4) and make sure "L#RVTimeToReturn" is set to 3 AFTER you are back.
    @LavaDelVortel
    Setting the Startj variable to 4 finally triggered the journal update and spawned the container. Thank you for your time!
    It's ok! I have no idea what went wrong.

Thanks for your kind words in the first post and I'm glad you can now continue your game :)
  • LaurieLaurie Member Posts: 1
    Hi @LavaDelVortel !

First of all, I just want to say thank you for making my BG2 experience as fresh as when I first played it - I'm very grateful for all the work you've put in to it, and for making it available to us.

I wanted to ask - is there a quest associated with my new Ghost companion that I've picked up (the "Summon Ghost Child" ability gained?) If so, is it within the Barovia area, or is it elsewhere?

Just curious how my new friend fits into the game :)
    No, she's just your new friend. However, there is a warning that if she dies too much, she may leave you. That is actually true, so be careful.

Apart from that, there is no quest involving her. It was more like this gothic encounter, nothing more, nothing less.

Cheers and thanks for your kind words!