Skip to content

New Mod Teaser Announcement: Crucible

mxxpvc50jxyz.png
In collaboration with @Acifer , it is with great joy that I am announcing our next upcoming mod, Crucible. This new mod features:
  • A continuation of the story once the player closes their pocket plane in ToB. Instead of immediately beginning the final fight at the Throne of Blood, the player will find themself in Gehenna outside of Bhaal's kingdom. From here, the player will need to assault Bhaal's kingdom and fight to the Throne.
  • 9 new areas created by Acifer.
  • Compatible with or without Ascension.
  • New and challenging opponents and tactical encounters.
  • Release date: TBD (estimated 1Q 2024 or sooner)
ix9h5cklvj3d.png
su37wtnbuqc7.png
tc3ghdh9xbir.png
zngf3m6uccbv.png

Comments

• IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 545
    This looks great! I always wished for more tactical combat towards the end of the saga to actually get an opportunity to try out all the new spells and abilities.
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,381
    Isewein wrote: »
    This looks great! I always wished for more tactical combat towards the end of the saga to actually get an opportunity to try out all the new spells and abilities.

Fully agree. Nice to see ToB is given some much needed attention.

Looks awesome and I will gladly wait to see it finished. Thanks
  • Kensei_xXxKensei_xXx Member Posts: 52
    Is it EET compatible, or BG2EE only?

Thx
  • morpheus562morpheus562 Member Posts: 278
    Kensei_xXx wrote: »
    Is it EET compatible, or BG2EE only?

Thx

Both
    Ok.
    There is also something mentioned about "tactical encounters". So should this mod be installed after SCS or any other tactical Mods? Does installation order matter in any way?
    Per the readme, just install after ascension or mod components that add IWD spells. If you're using SCS to install IWD spells, I would recommend doing a split install of SCS with adding the spells early in your install order then doing the remainder of SCS with tactical components. Crucible is a quest mod, so install along with other quest mods.
    Thanks for your fast Feedback :)

Really looking foreward to try it. Especially since there aren't much Mods advancing ToB content.
  • Shin0b1G6Shin0b1G6 Member Posts: 23
    Per the readme, just install after ascension or mod components that add IWD spells. If you're using SCS to install IWD spells, I would recommend doing a split install of SCS with adding the spells early in your install order then doing the remainder of SCS with tactical components. Crucible is a quest mod, so install along with other quest mods.

So, after IWDification with Edwin Romance optional components only, Ascension, UB, ARestoration, D0questpack minus some components, Jastey's Solaufein, Banter packs, IEP banters and friendship mods, romance mods for both Haer'Dalis and Valygar, A7 Banter Accelerator, Rogue Rebalancing, and Convenient EENPCs already installed at the latest? Also plan to use CDTweaks, SCS, atweaks, PPE, The Picture Standard, bp bgt Worldmap, BG2EE HQ Soundclips, and Hidden Gameplay Options as well. Any thoughts?
  • Shin0b1G6Shin0b1G6 Member Posts: 23
    edited February 22

So, after IWDification with Edwin Romance optional components only, Ascension, UB, ARestoration, D0questpack minus some components, Jastey's Solaufein, Banter packs, IEP banters and friendship mods, romance mods for both Haer'Dalis and Valygar, A7 Banter Accelerator, Rogue Rebalancing, and Convenient EENPCs already installed at the latest? Also plan to use CDTweaks, SCS, atweaks, PPE, The Picture Standard, bp bgt Worldmap, BG2EE HQ Soundclips, and Hidden Gameplay Options as well. Any thoughts?

Edit: How do you fix doubleposts?, My computer was acting up when I typed my first post and it double posted by mistake. Just for clarity.
    Post edited by Shin0b1G6 on
    I suppose it's as Morpheus said, just treat it as a normal Quest Mod. So pretty early in your order, except of Ascension and Mods giving IWD Spells, wich should be IWDification and SCS in your case.
    I'm guessing you're using iwdification for the iwd arcane spells and I'm guessing you are planning on installing that early, along with Ascension. I'd install Crucible right after those two.
    @JuliusBorisov any way we can mark this thread as closed? Crucible has released, and I'd like to keep discussions about it within the release thread. Thank you!
  • shevy123456shevy123456 Member Posts: 222
    edited June 3
    Even if the mod is now gone, I feel that people should be free to discuss it here - at the least for some longer time. After all similar mods could be inspired by Crucible (or other mods) that are no longer available, even if it is just a simple question as to why the mods are gone now.
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 612
    edited June 3
    Even if the mod is now gone, I feel that people should be free to discuss it here - at the least for some longer time. After all similar mods could be inspired by Crucible (or other mods) that are no longer available, even if it is just a simple question as to why the mods are gone now.
    Morpheus just asked to discuss his mod no longer in this topic but instead use this one :
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/88291/mod-crucible-v1-2#latest
    Of course Crucible can be discussed on Beamdog forums.
    And the mod is not gone. You can find it there : https://www.morpheus-mart.com/crucible