Skip to content

Sarevok Romance mod showing invalid text

PandyPandy Member Posts: 3
New to modding BG2:EE and would appreciate some help.
I installed Sarevok Romance 1.4 by placing both the setup-sarevokromance.exe and the sarevokromance folder into my BG2:EE main directory, then running the .exe.
When I open the game, no romance dialogue triggers and I can only manually talk to him once just after recruitment but the text shows it's invalid.

e2g4mpqva56o.jpg

My character meets his requirements, and I've also tried it on a brand new game and the same issues persist. Any ideas?

Comments

• shevy123456shevy123456 Member Posts: 179
    edited December 2023
    I also have this when some mods mess up other mods. Then I get invalid entries too. Do you have other mods
    that may interfere? Not sure of a simple fix - perhaps there is a way to have weidu re-install a mod like this without mass-updating all mods (which caused issues for me in the past too; weidu is a very strange tool).

I am glad to not be the only one with invalid-entries issues though, if the "shared pain" is of any help to you ... ;)

> I've also tried it on a brand new game and the same issues persist.

This is strange. Usually if you only install one mod, things should work. Are you absolutely certain you did not install any other mod? I think I installed that mod before and it was working (though I had other invalid entries, e. g. with some of skitia NPCs).
  • PandyPandy Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the reply! Yes, shared pain is oddly comforting lol.

The only other mods I have installed are from CDTweaks. Just tried to uninstall them and start a new game, but it didn't fix it.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,681
    This can happen if you install the mods to another game language than you are playing the game in.
    Have a look into the file weidu.conf in your game install (open with normal text editor) and see, whether it is the language you are playing the game in. If not, deinstall the mods, delete weidu.conf, and start anew.

FYI: In BG:SoD from GOG or Steam, this can also happen if you do not install the DLC Merger before installing mods.
  • PandyPandy Member Posts: 3
    It seems like German was installed accidentally, not English. Followed your instructions and that seems to have fixed it. Thank you!