Skip to content

[MOD] Jack Of All Planes - Play as a Fighter/Mage/Thief

AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,069
Jack of All Planes (JoAP) is a mod for Planescape: Torment - Enhanced Edition.

This mod has basically one feature: it reworks The Nameless One's progression to work as a multiclass Fighter/Mage/Thief. He can wield any weapon, use thief skills, and cast arcane spells, all without having to swap his class at one of the class trainers.

ReadMe | Download

General Advancement: Character points and class specialization are handled via an item (the Manual of Planes) which starts in your inventory. As in vanilla, you gain one character point each time you achieve a new maximum level, and you unlock your 1st and 2nd specializations at 7th and 12th level. Weapon proficiency points work identically to how they do in the base game.

Thieving: Thief skills can now be accessed on any character by clicking the dialog button on the normal hotbar. This will pull up a Thief hotbar, which gives access to Talk, Detect Traps, Thievery, and Stealth buttons.

Learning Spells: Be aware that although you will be able to gain experience as Mage, you will not be able to use scrolls or scribe spells until you've been taught how to read magic.

This mod lays a lot of groundwork that could easily be adapted to allow other classes to be implemented as playable characters in Planescape. The engine appears to support Bards, Paladins, Rangers, and Druids, along with all valid multiclasses.

This mod was inspired by a request from @MephistoSatanDevil. Shout-outs to @argent77 and @kjeron whose past insight (about UI, especially) helped me in developing this mod.

Comments

• MephistoSatanDevilMephistoSatanDevil Member Posts: 21
    edited June 14
    Great, I've added the Simplified Chinese translation and submitted a Pull Request on GitHub.

Also, thank you very much.

EDIT : I apologize for the oversight; I didn't initially notice that the thief skills had been relocated to the Dialog button. However, I would appreciate it if the thief skills could be placed in the special skills menu, as this would be more in line with the usual operational habits.
    j2086rit7cs2.png
    Post edited by MephistoSatanDevil on
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 903
    Wow -- this looks very cool! I may actually play though PTEE one more time now. B)
  • AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,069
    edited June 15
    EDIT : I apologize for the oversight; I didn't initially notice that the thief skills had been relocated to the Dialog button. However, I would appreciate it if the thief skills could be placed in the special skills menu, as this would be more in line with the usual operational habits.

Unfortunately, there isn't a good way to do that (to my knowledge) - the Thief skills aren't like other special abilities where they provide access to a spell. A more experienced UI modder might be able to, but I am not great with LUA and couldn't find a better solution at this time.
    Aquadrizzt wrote: »
    Unfortunately, there isn't a good way to do that (to my knowledge) - the Thief skills aren't like other special abilities where they provide access to a spell. A more experienced UI modder might be able to, but I am not great with LUA and couldn't find a better solution at this time.

Still very grateful. The corrections for the PR on GitHub have been submitted.
    Perhaps "reading magic" and "using thief skills" can both be installed as optional components of the mod.
    That is, when installing the mod, player can set whether "need to learn how to read magic first" and "need to learn how to use thief skills first" to determine the restrictions on magic and thief skills in the game.

Such a mod experience may be better. :)
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 552
    Is this mod lore-friendly? I.e. will TNO be recognised as each of the three classes in dialogue that calls for it?

Also, do you think you'll ever get to finish up Undivided? I just love the premise of that mod.
  • jimypricnejimypricne Member Posts: 1
    Aquadrizzt wrote: »
    Jack of All Planes (JoAP) is a mod for Planescape: Torment - Enhanced Edition.

This mod has basically one feature: it reworks The Nameless One's progression to work as a multiclass Fighter/Mage/Thief. He can wield any weapon, use thief skills, and cast arcane spells, all without having to swap his class at one of the class trainers.

ReadMe | Download

General Advancement: Character points and class specialization are handled via an item (the Manual of Planes) which starts in your inventory. As in vanilla, you gain one character point each time you achieve a new maximum level, and you unlock your 1st and 2nd specializations at 7th and 12th level. Weapon proficiency points work identically to how they do in the base game.

Thieving: Thief skills can now be accessed on any character by clicking the dialog button on the normal hotbar. This will pull up a Thief hotbar, which gives access to Talk, Detect Traps, Thievery, and Stealth buttons.

Learning Spells: Be aware that although you will be able to gain experience as Mage, you will not be able to use scrolls or scribe spells until you've been taught how to read magic.

This mod lays a lot of groundwork that could easily be adapted to allow other classes to be implemented as playable characters in Planescape. The engine appears to support Bards, Paladins, Rangers, and Druids, along with all valid multiclasses.

This toca boca mod apk was inspired by a request from @MephistoSatanDevil. Shout-outs to @argent77 and @kjeron whose past insight (about UI, especially) helped me in developing this mod.

Character points and class specialization are managed through an item called the Manual of Planes, which is available in your inventory from the start. As in the base game, you earn one character point each time you reach a new maximum level. Your first and second specializations become available at levels 7 and 12, respectively. Weapon proficiency points function the same way they do in the original game.

Thief skills are now accessible to any character by clicking the dialog button on the standard hotbar. This opens the Thief hotbar, providing access to the Talk, Detect Traps, Thievery, and Stealth buttons.