• TiaxRulesAllTiaxRulesAll Member Posts: 198
    still waiting on the fix....
    SilverstarTheBlackThroneMeroveus
  • TheBlackThroneTheBlackThrone Member Posts: 42
    Bump. This issue needs more attention.
    TiaxRulesAllMeroveus
  • MeroveusMeroveus Member Posts: 14
    edited December 2012
    I remember BG tutu doing the exact same thing with my Custom Sound Sets. The same acknowledgement over and over and no sounds on selection. While the fix done by the community is appreciated, it seems like a bit of work to fix something that was working fine in 1998. I hope this is fixed with the next patch.
  • Capac_AmaruCapac_Amaru Member Posts: 21
    Still waiting...
  • EbonKnightEbonKnight Member Posts: 5
    Any news on this? Has anyone done some conversions they could share with us? Be particularly great if it was some of the nwn 1 voicesets but hell just about -anything- is better than the really bad default BG ones.
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    Method doesn't seem to be working anymore. My old custom soundset plays, but new ones aren't.
    Can we please get a fix for this already?
  • FallenShadowzFallenShadowz Member Posts: 8
    Ahhh, THIS is why my sounds aren't working! Good to know, I've been sitting here for around 4 days, trying to figure out how to get my soundsets to work... yay.
    Why u no fix this??
  • XzarXzar Member Posts: 215
    Just tried this method. Sound sets play in customization screen, but not in the game itself.
  • ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598
    This method is way to complicated and I'm worried I'd mess something up.
    wont be playing this game again until both multiplayer matchmaking and custom soundsets are working.
    Bump
  • NeuromancyNeuromancy Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2013
    I'm able to get the my sounds to play just fine, but now I want the strings to appear in the dialogue box.

Could you make a step by step example for creating new dialogue strings like you did for sound creation?

I looked everywhere for chitem.ini (in my BGEE folder, my DLTCEP folder -- which is in my TeamBG MOD Tools, and in all overrride folders) and I have had zero luck finding it. Is that a file that needs to be created in order to add dialogue strings?
    Post edited by Neuromancy on
    I was able to use this method and get the IWD 2 soundsets working. Hopefully I didnt mess anything up in the process lol
  • dibdib Member Posts: 384
    edited January 2013
    @Neuromancy It should be in your DLCTEP folder. Try opening the Settings menu and select Change Settings. Make sure that Game Type is set to Baldur's Gate II/ToB and then press Save & Back. Now see it chitem.ini is has been created in your DLTCEP folder.

Alternatively I guess you could move dialog.tlk from "[...]\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766\lang\en_US" to "[...]\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766", start DLTCEP and add your dialogue strings and then move dialog.tlk back when you're done. Haven't tried this myself though.
    Post edited by dib on
  • certuscertus Member Posts: 52
    Is it just me or is this till not working in thus patch?
  • ChippyChippy Member Posts: 241
    certus said:

Is it just me or is this till not working in thus patch?

I think we might have to consider that it's working as intended?.

No, its still not working unless you go through all the trouble with DLTCEP.
  • ChippyChippy Member Posts: 241
    Meroveus said:

I'd forgotton about custom sounds not working at all to begin with, I did get them partially working with DLTCEP, but reached a point where the attack sounds weren't playing (as mentioned in Cuv's readme). I'm taking a break until this and a few other things are sorted - so assume that attack sounds are still rare? And as complicated as this is; I was wondering if maybe that was what was intended? Because even party members rarely use their attack sounds, so maybe Overhaul thought we were all tired of hearing them with every click?.

• CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    Nay, it's still a problem that needs to get sorted out. It has been reported and registered.
    Chippy
    I REALLY want custom sounds.... been trying to wait patienly since day one.
    Meroveus
    edited January 2013
    Chippy said:

Meroveus said:

I'd forgotton about custom sounds not working at all to begin with, I did get them partially working with DLTCEP, but reached a point where the attack sounds weren't playing (as mentioned in Cuv's readme). I'm taking a break until this and a few other things are sorted - so assume that attack sounds are still rare? And as complicated as this is; I was wondering if maybe that was what was intended? Because even party members rarely use their attack sounds, so maybe Overhaul thought we were all tired of hearing them with every click?.

I still hear attack sounds, but they only seem to play not on the initial attack click but when a party member changes targets after killing an initial target with some sort of behavior script AI enabled.

The IWD 2 sound sets are still working for me with this method.
    DarkDogg
  • Valarian25Valarian25 Member Posts: 40
    Ok can anyone help me here .. am trying the DLTCEP fix.... but am having a problem... i can load the files.. i changed colum 15 to "Warlock" and set all rows to 30 .. but i still says error writing to this file?

Anyone got a clue to what am doing wrong

Location of Chitin is set to c:\program files (x86)\baldur's gate enhanced edition\data\00766\chitin.key

and Location of IEEP is set to C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamBG IE MOD Tools\DLTCEP\BG1Effects.dat

Everything else is default
    anyone i cant understand why i cannot save the damn table :\
    edited January 2013
    First I'd check to see if its set to read only. When u open dclep it defaults to read only. It's under settings I believe? Uncheck read only.

Secondly it might have something to do with program files 86. I've had a lot of problems when modding games when they are installed to program files 86 directory. Now I just install my games to the normal program files directory to prevent this. Try running dctelp in administrator mode if that's the case.
    i turned off read only so its not that... and its not the administrator thing :\ ... anyone else got any tips ? even better can somebody working withing beamdog actually get the "fudge going and help me.. you know.. since its their job... how long has its been since release?
    I would guess its because its installed in the program x86 directory. It's notorious for being hard to edit things inside. My advice would be to install things in the normal program file directory
    !"#¤%&/%¤#" ok fine thank you...

beamdog ... valarian25 is not amused -.-
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    @Valarian25
    You could try copying out the entire install to your desktop or onto an external... run DLTCEP on that, do your editing, then copy the relevent files back into your *real* override. If its just a matter of permissions.