Skip to content

Gnoll Stronghold...

13»

Comments

• mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    Now that we know that the Gnoll Stronghold is based on Mesa Verde, maybe there are ghosts of The Ancestral Puebloan/Anasazi inside.. :p
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    I find it very interesting they modelled Gnoll Stronghold after a real fortress. No doubt the Friendly Arm Inn and the castle donjon in Baldur's Gate are modelled after such places as Rochester and Hedingham.

They really thought BG through didn't they?
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Wow! I never saw this thread - and I totally agree. Maybe a return to the area in BG3 rather than expansion to :EE - this might allow it to be more powerful (higher level) or else remove the need to tie it to the existing Sword Coast lore. As in something sinister finds the abandoned keep and takes up refuge. From the deeps, something evil comes?

Yes. I searched forever for ways to enter the fortress. After all, where was Dynaheir? The shadows hid her in the cistern and I only found her when one of the gnolls was pushed down one of the steps during a fight. Took me a while to figure out that we could descend the steps, and there she was.

A completely underwhelming mage IMO.
  • JamesJames Member Posts: 110
    I may be imagining things but I'm pretty sure @camdawg said there was existing art for the interior as part of a mod that was never used
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Nah, I don't have art.

I have a complete area.
  • aldainaldain Member Posts: 307
    Why am I only noticing this thread now? This is what win is made of!

There's literally a thousand and one cool things you could do with an adventure in the fortress interior. For what it's worth, I'd pay for DLC in that vein.
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    @CamDawg Show us now! :D
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    SimDing0 had made it for a Tutu quest pack that never got made, so he gave it to me for a project I was working on. We came up with several bad ideas for it which is why it's never been used.
  • SeldarSeldar Member Posts: 438
    first floor :

- catacombs (something like Candlekeep)
    - then cellars
    - cookings
    - main hall
    - rooms
    - private rooms for the master of that stronghold
    - library
    - observatory

That could be a little bit like the Wizards' Tower of the Severed Hand in IceWind Dale
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    Seldar said:

first floor :

- catacombs (something like Candlekeep)
    - then cellars
    - cookings
    - main hall
    - rooms
    - private rooms for the master of that stronghold
    - library
    - observatory

That could be a little bit like the Wizards' Tower of the Severed Hand in IceWind Dale

I think it should be something like a combination of De'Arnise and Durlags Tower, but creepier - since its abandoned for a long time.

• NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    Deárnise hold was my best memory, realy loved the whole thing. The flow was perfect. If they can create something like that experience again damn fine guys.
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498

Deárnise hold was my best memory, realy loved the whole thing. The flow was perfect. If they can create something like that experience again damn fine guys.

That was epic, I wonder how many people did that quest first, Nalia seemed so urgent..

I spent several days trying to kill the Yuan Ti mage and when I finally got to Torgal, had a wounded character run desperate circles while the rest of my party threw sling stones, darts, whatever they could get their hands on.

I didn't have a clue what I was doing, it was glorious.
  • SecriaSecria Member Posts: 85
    If I could go inside the fortress.. it'd be like a dream come true, even if I never thought about it before.
  • DjonneDjonne Member Posts: 71
    Where would be the entrance?
  • SwordsNotWordsSwordsNotWords Member Posts: 147
    This sounds brilliant. DLC please Beamdog.
  • HexHammerHexHammer Member Posts: 288
    I smell DLC potential! Don't wish for the usual dungeon kill and loot scenario, but hoping for an intellectual encounter where we can offer salvation to the ghost, ulock some secrets and have some poential lore for BG III.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    @HexHammer - nah. It should be full of Xvarts, but yield tomes of bodily health, +5 weapons and lots of rogue stones. Good for balance!
  • OurQuestIsVainOurQuestIsVain Member Posts: 201
    Wouldn't adding new dungeons inside of existing areas go against the terms of beamdogs contract? Other than that I would totally love to explore the inside of the gnoll stronghold. When I played this area when I was a kid I would RP that I cleared the area out and took it over as my own personal stronghold...I would gather up all the joinable NPCs and place them throughout the battlements so if I needed them I could go back and switch out...kinda like building my own personal army.
  • SwordsNotWordsSwordsNotWords Member Posts: 147

Wouldn't adding new dungeons inside of existing areas go against the terms of beamdogs contract? Other than that I would totally love to explore the inside of the gnoll stronghold. When I played this area when I was a kid I would RP that I cleared the area out and took it over as my own personal stronghold...I would gather up all the joinable NPCs and place them throughout the battlements so if I needed them I could go back and switch out...kinda like building my own personal army.

I'd presume as long as the original area was not changed then it could be worked out. So by modifying an already existing point of the area just to act as a entrance to the dungeon, all the new content would be in a completely separate area. Surely this would be allowed since we already know there are new areas in BGEE which presumably must have spots on the existing areas that act as entrances for them, although in these cases presumably just the edge of the map.
  • ego1steego1ste Member Posts: 88
    It would be an awesome dlc. Mystery, adventure i hope you will make it.
  • HexHammerHexHammer Member Posts: 288

@HexHammer - nah. It should be full of Xvarts, but yield tomes of bodily health, +5 weapons and lots of rogue stones. Good for balance!

Now we'r at it, why not each party member get our personal pet dragon we can fly on, like in Dragonlance?!?!?!