Skip to content

[Topic closed]

KerozevokKerozevok Member Posts: 695
edited December 2012 in General Modding

Back on BGT/1PP/TobEx for several reasons.
Post edited by Kerozevok on

Comments

• AkuroAkuro Member Posts: 93
    I appreciate your efforts, good work!
    Nevertheless I'm looking forward to the "original themed BG1 Gui" mod - just for the sake of the "good ol' times" :)

• stardog765stardog765 Member Posts: 48
    Thats very nice! Thank you for your efforts. Need anyone to help test? :) Please!! haha
  • KerozevokKerozevok Member Posts: 695
    @Akuro Yes, it's a mix between BG1, BG2 & IWD or something like that...

@stardog765 No need, thanks. ;)
  • MathuzzzMathuzzz Member Posts: 203
    Akuro said:

I appreciate your efforts, good work!
    Nevertheless I'm looking forward to the "original themed BG1 Gui" mod - just for the sake of the "good ol' times" :)

http://www.shsforums.net/topic/55547-classic-gameplay-windows-for-bgee-10/
    Kerozevok said:

@Akuro Yes, it's a mix between BG1, BG2 & IWD or something like that...

@stardog765 No need, thanks. ;)

Oh! you hurt me with your words! ;)
    edited December 2012
    @stardog765 1st post updated. ;)
    edited December 2012
    You my friend rock!

That looks great! Thank you for your work.

I see some of the windows are still blue and some are now a dark gray ya?

The dark great looks very good. In case your not sure which one to go with.

Again thank you and great job. I had the tools and was able to look into the files but I couldnt figure out how to actually get them to unpack.

Bravo!
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    edited December 2012
    Just a curious question--did you just apply a color filter, or did you actually render anything from "scratch"? The screens look great, by the way.
  • begolf00begolf00 Member Posts: 152
    @Kerozevok

Thanks, much prefer the brown over the blue:)
    edited December 2012

I see some of the windows are still blue and some are now a dark gray ya?

@stardog765 Yes, for the time... Glad you're happy with the beta. ;)

@Aosaw Sometime I apply a color filter, sometime I apply a new texture... But for the time, I don't know what will be the look of the final version.
  • ArchaicArchaic Member Posts: 924
    Great work @Kerozevok! I'm in the process of a black texture UI. I'll be sharing it soon. What tools do you use for extracting and creating MOS, BAM, and CHU files? I use DLTCEP, Near Infinity and Photoshop for the texture design.
    @Magevil NI only for browse the MOS files.
    DLTCEP for extract, convert and make transparency if needed.
    PSPX (Corel) for the picture editing.

Good luck for your mod. ;)
  • SFischSFisch Member Posts: 59
    So you're doing a mos overhaul only, since BAMs don't work well with NI or DLTCEP? I suspect it's because they might have expanded the available color palette, though that's only a guess. TIS files also don't work, sadly.
    @SFisch Currently NearInf can't find the audio files, ignore the dialogF.tlk (i'm french), can't read the BAM (always the limit of 256 colors), corrupts the CHU files after the save.... It needs a serious update for BGEE or it will become useless.
    @Kerozevok - How did you covert your buttons border color from the blue to brown? I can't think of an easy way that doesn't consume a lot of time. I've extracted all button BMPs from the BAM file but unsure of how to quickly change the border color while leaving the button gold.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    There's no quick way to do it--you have to manually recolour each one and then resave it as a .bam in exactly the same order.
    edited December 2012
    @Magevil Quote from Kwiat_W on SHS forums : "I don't know what the BGEE team meant by saying that gui is now "completely unhardcoded and easier to mod" but doing what I did, reskining (and repositioning) the interface works the same way it did before. It doesn't require any extraordinary skills or knowledge, but it requires lots of time and lots of work - tedious, repeating, boring and often very frustrating work."

There is no easy way out... Welcome to the masochist club.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @Kerozevok Feel free to make use of the Miscellaneous Mods section of the SHS Download Manager to host the file--probably a bit more reliable!
    edited December 2012
    @Kerozevok - this is my first mod i've attempted but i'm having fun with it until I ran into the buttons. Tedious is right! This little project is going to take longer than I expected. If you want to check out some early screenshots of my GUI Mod and give me some feedback I would appreciated it. Thanks.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/175361
    great job Kero, keep it up! Is this new version available yet? Looks great!
    edited December 2012
    @Kaeloree Thanks for your proposition, I'll host the mod on SHS when it will be finished.
    Magevil said:

This little project is going to take longer than I expected.

@Magevil I don't want to scare you, but edit these (censured) BAM represents 60-70% of the work, so good luck for what happens next.

@stardog765 I'll trying to release the mod before 2018, promise. ;)
    Haha well dont over work yourself :)
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    I like your SPELFRAM.
    @Kerozevok - Hoping you can help me. I'm having an issue with my BAM file I just created. I created all 68 BMP images for the GUILS10.BAM (left side bar buttons). I made the BMP files 24bit in photoshop and saved them. I reconstructed the BAM file in DLTC Editor Pro 7.1. It is exactly like the original with 4 frames per cycle with a total of 16 cycles. However it causes BGEE to crash upon loading game. Is there something I'm missing? Do you have any suggestions? Maybe you could walk me through your process of creating BAM files? Thanks for your help!
    edited December 2012
    I think I figured it out. My BAM was slightly larger then the original. When I dropped a cycle is worked. Very strange...the only problem is that my buttons look a little distorted/glitchy. They don't look like this in DLTC... *UPDATE: figured it out - saved files in 256 colors instead of 24bit and it works.
    Post edited by Archaic on
    @Coriander ..... ^^

@Magevil Yes, 256 colors and it's 256 for the entire bam (all frames), not 256 colors by picture.

If your bam count more than 256 colors, DLTCEP reduced the number to 256, but the result is better if you do that with photoshop.
    @Magevil ...and made a copy of your GUILS10 and rename it GUILSOP.

You'll save your time.. they are approximately the same. ;)
    edited December 2012
    @Kerozevok - So after I did 256 bit color BMPs for the BAM some of the buttons are distorted just a small few while the others look perfect. I recreated the entire guils10.bam file including 68 buttons but for some reason if I don't drop 1 frame (any frame) it crashes the game? Does it have to be a certain size? Do you have any idea why some of the BMPs are showing up distorted? I'm starting to think that DLTC is buggy...because when I load the BMP that appears distorted by itself (import frame) and not (import many) it is not distorted. It only distorts when imported with all other BMPs. My head is spinning...lol.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Magevil Which version of DLTCEP are you using?
  • SeldarSeldar Member Posts: 438
    edited December 2012
    Nice job Kerozevok !

Do you think you could do someting more like the BG1's GUI ? Old stones and gold... ?
    I know someone on SpellHold Studios did it but only for the main windows, all others are still blue.
This discussion has been closed.