Skip to content

The BG NPC project

Comments

• SirK8SirK8 Member Posts: 527
    I may need to start my current game over and install this mod. Is it compatible with SCS on BG:EE ?
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    @SirK8 - I've run them together. Install SCS after BG1NPC.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    I concur. With mods as old as these, trouble is much more likely to come out of them not being fully adapted to the EE yet than due to them interacting weirdly with each other.
    Thanks. Looks like I'm starting this game over :) Oh well, I was only to Nashkel mines anyway.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    I was about to jump into the Cloakwood mines. So much for that! And so much for sleeping.
    Thank you all so much for this :D
  • BubbleboyBubbleboy Member Posts: 68

@Shin - You ninja'ed me! That's what I get for going to bed before posting. ;-)

I've put together a modified version of the latest version on GitHub. Hopefully, people will find this or @Shin's version useful.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80058200/BG1NPC-Astrobryguy-20140415.zip

In includes the following fixes:
    * Firebead book quest fixed
    * Imoen's artifact spell name no longer random string
    * Missing BG2 items added for BGEE (integrating the item fix mod)
    * Missing BG2 scripts added for BGEE (there may still be some missing, if you find an opponent that stands around while you beat on it, let me know)
    * Tazok no longer unkillable with Kivan in party
    * Moved Imanel Silvershield for BGEE (farther from Simmeon's spawn location)
    * x#cutspy issue at Firewine
    * Adds TotSC interjections to BGEE
    * Smoke Mephit name and script fix
    * Dynaheir romance epilogue cutscene fixes for BGEE

This is not an official release by any stretch of the imagination. It's just a personal "I'll poke around and see what I can do" version of BG1NPC. It shouldn't make your game explode, but caveat emptor.

Also, don't install the "romance challenges" component on BGEE. It relies on two BG2 areas, and those files aren't in BGEE.

Ok i tried installing this on a fresh game and it came up with a cluster of possible errors mainly of missing files.
    Like: POSSIBLE ERROR: file xzar99.wav is not found in action 26.
    Is this normal?
    edited April 2014
    @Bubbleboy - Yes, it means you don't have the BG1NPC music pack installed, which is a separate mod.

@Shin posted a link to it: http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?app=downloads&showcat=11

FYI - If you're running on OSX, you'll need to replace the "sox" program included with the BG1NPC Music Pack mod. The bundled version is for PowerPC(!) Macs. The latest Intel OSX version can be found here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/sox/files/sox/14.4.1/

Edit: Here's an updated version of BG1NPC Music Pack for OSX:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80058200/OSX-Intel-bg1npcmusic-v5.zip

Post edited by AstroBryGuy on
  • winterswinters Member Posts: 252
    By the way, Music Pack works okay too - I use previously linked version. There's one thing I'm not sure about though - is it normal that NPC theme plays simultaneously with regular music, not instead of it? Was it like this before too? My memory fails here.
    I also got those errors and assumed it was the music pack, which I installed afterward. Will it cause problems to have installed that afterward?
  • winterswinters Member Posts: 252
    SirK8 said:

I also got those errors and assumed it was the music pack, which I installed afterward. Will it cause problems to have installed that afterward?

If I'm not mistaken that's how it was done before EE era. Anyway, music pack installed afterwards works okay, there's just this tiny cacophony problem I'm not sure is a problem at all :-)

You can install the music pack before, after or not at all. It won't affect whether or not the mod works.
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    edited April 2014
    It's finally working! I have been waiting for it for such a long time. Thanks a lot :). BTW is it possible to add also polish translation? It's under this link (version 20): www.athkatla.cob-bg.pl/download.php?id=2012&sid=4521920e3b62e9eaad33d1d2f0c05522 .
    Would it be much work to adjust it to BG:EE?
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    Hmm I don't suppose it's as simple as replacing those files in the mod's folder before installing it..?
    I thought so :(. But how to do it exactly?
    @Etamin - I'll have to look at the files and make sure there haven't been any changes to the .tra file organization since v20. Then, it would need a new language folder.

Can you translate these lines for me?

~BG:EE install detected.~
    ~You must have BGT or TuTu installed for this component.~
    ~Smoke Mephit~
    edited April 2014
    ~Wykryto zainstalowane BG:EE.~
    ~Dla tego komponentu musisz mieć zainstalowane BGT albo TuTu.~
    ~Mefit Dymu~

Big 'Thank you' for your attention :)
    If I want to use the BG2 tweak pack (BG:EE install), what order should I do the install? I plan to use some of the tweaks that affect jointable NPCs so I don't want to screw it up.

My planned order of install currently is:

BG1NPC mod
    BG2 tweak pack
    SCS
    Ideally NPC Project -> SCS -> Tweaks.
    Thanks Shin, I've only started using mods with BG:EE and combining them, so I want to get it right :)
    Hmmm... I made Monty an assassin using the tweaks and it may have broken his BG1NPC dialogue, when I initiate dialogue with him (force talk), instead of a menu of choices (like with Imoen) he just leaves my party.
    edited April 2014
    @SirK8 It's not an NPC Project or tweaks bug but rather seemed like an oversight with BG:EE iirc, due to the value for his reputation leaving trigger being set too low. Try putting this file in your override and see if it helps matters - though backup the one already there first just in case - it may not match your dialog.tlk depending on installed mods, which would result in Montaron getting weird dialogue.
    @Shin - Thanks for looking at this. I was going to do a fresh install with just this mod so you've saved me the trouble. It looks like this addresses the problem with initiating dialogue, however, as you pointed out - it does not match with my dialog.tlk.. I'm getting romance dialoge for Xan :)

Is there an easy way to rectify this, or should I do a new install of all my mods with that file in the override before installation?
    @SirK8‌ Don't reinstall with that file, you'd need a complete vanilla one with the fix. Alternatively, just post your current MONTAJ.DLG and I'll change it.
    @Shin - thanks again. Here it is.
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    @AstroBryGuy‌ There is no change to the language directory compared to v20.

In order to add the proper conversion to UTF8 for polish, you need to add the following line among the similar ones for other languages:
    "polish" => "CP1250"
    provided "polish" is set as the second parameter of the LANGUAGE instruction you add and is also the name of the language folder you add in the "bg1npc/tra" directory.

Failing to add UTF8 conversion for BGEE will crash the game.
    @SirK8 Ok, try it now.
    edited April 2014
    @Shin - With that one he's leaving me again
    btw, not sure if it's useful, but here's my WeiDU log if you need to know what mods I have installed
    Hmm.. what is your reputation at?
This discussion has been closed.