Skip to content

The BG NPC project

Comments

• SirK8SirK8 Member Posts: 527
    edited April 2014
    Reputation is at 9, I started as NE and I'm only at FAI, so no adjustments yet. I did install some tweaks related to rep though:

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3070 // Change Effect of Reputation on Store Prices -> Low Reputation Store Discount (Sabre): v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3121 // Happy Patch (Party NPCs do not complain about reputation) -> NPCs Can Be Angry About Reputation but Never Leave (Salk): v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3125 // Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at Mid-Range Reputation: v14

@Shin - btw, thanks for looking into this for me. I don't know where to start on fixing things like this. I figure you are probably using NI or something to edit that file, but not sure what changes are made.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    edited April 2014
    @SirK8‌ Hm, strange. I tested it here now and it seems to make him stay with the party. Not to sound like a support guy, but are you sure you put the file I posted in your override? None of the mods you have installed should affect this afaik. Also make sure you restart the game after replacing the file if you didn't already.
    edited April 2014
    @Shin - no worries on sounding like a support guy. I did triple check earlier. Here's what I found though, going to an earlier save (still in candlekeep) I recruited him and the dialogue is working fine now. It just doesn't fix it for my current save for some reason.

The one you originally posted *did* impact my saved game, meaning Monty didn't leave, but it had the wrong dialogue. Due to that, I had assumed I could use my save with the new one you posted.

I'm not too far into the game, so starting from there is ok. I mainly wanted to avoid a full reinstall of those mods again, so thank you very much for your help.

Edit: Some more testing on my earlier save. I killed off Xzar (like in my current save) and removed him from the party. Monty is now leaving again instead of his dialogue :( He seems to break if Xzar is dead/removed
    @SirK8‌ Hm-hm, ok, try it now. And restart first. 8)
  • chrstnmonkschrstnmonks Member Posts: 176
    Is there an Eta on an official version yet?
    edited April 2014
    @SirK8‌ Sure, glad it works. As stated it's an issue inherent to BGEE, but the NPC Project probably makes it surface as it leads you to converse with party members. Anyway, it'll be fixed in BGEE 1.3, so hopefully there won't be a need for a workaround that much longer.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    @Isaya - Thank you for the advice! Much appreciated!

@Etamin - I added the polish translation. Let me know how it works.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80058200/BG1NPC-AstroBryGuy-20140418.zip

The only change here is adding the polish translation (i.e., no need to redownload if you don't want BG1NPC in Polish).

Is there an Eta on an official version yet?

No ETA on an official release at this time.

One more thing - any francophones out there who could translate the missing item descriptions for BGEE, bgee.tra? The current version in my BG1NPC package is from Google Translate, so I'm certain it's laughably bad.

I've attached the English version of the file.

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @AstroBryGuy‌ to which language? I recall doing the spanish one a weeks ago.
    @Shin - I'm glad to hear it will be fixed in 1.3. Also using NI I compared the broken file and the 2 files you provided me and I think I figured out what you did (or at least part of it). So I may be able to fix this myself if I need to for a future install.
    CrevsDaak said:

@AstroBryGuy‌ to which language? I recall doing the spanish one a weeks ago.

Sorry, I wasn't very clear on that. I need a french translation; that's why I asked for "francophones".

I incorporated your translation for the missing items into the BG1NPC spanish files. Thank you very much for that!

PS - How would you translate "Smoke Mephit" into spanish?

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

Oh, I thought francophones was a synonym of 'dudes' or 'guys'.
    I think that 'Mefit de Humo' goes very well.
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    edited April 2014
    Thanks @AstroBryGuy, but unfortunatelly it doesn't work. Here's what i get in installation program:

Baldur2
    post a picture

Baldur1
    upload images

SirK8 said:

@Shin - I'm glad to hear it will be fixed in 1.3. Also using NI I compared the broken file and the 2 files you provided me and I think I figured out what you did (or at least part of it). So I may be able to fix this myself if I need to for a future install.

Indeed, I was a bit sloppy. The first change only corrected Montaron leaving due to high reputation, which may not even have been your issue since you only had 9. The second change corrected him leaving due to lack of Xzar after you explained your situation. It's unusual for people to drop just Xzar in that way I think, so it didn't occur to me at first.
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    @AstroBryGuy Here is a French version of bgee.tra. It's encoded in UTF8, as the file has not been added to the list of files to convert (and there is no reason to).
    I also updated the setup.tra file to use the proper name for the mephit added recently and update the weidu prompts translations (adding new ones for selecting the language in BGEE). Please replace it.

Regarding the conversion to UTF8 for polish, there is a mistake in the tp2 file. It should be
    "polish" => "CP1250"
    CP1252 is used for Western Europe languages and does not contain the special characters for polish and several other Eastern Europe languages. CP1250 is used for polish on Windows, and that's how the old BG II expected the characters.

Regarding the problems faced by @Etamin, I believe the conversion is refused by iconv because the input file y are at least partly due to using the wrong conversion.

Besides there are a few errors in the polish tra files:
    x#ajantischallenges_pr.tra exists only in polish (this file is redundant and has been removed)
    x#ajchal.tra exists only in polish (this file is redundant and has been removed)
    missing @37 in polish\x#kaqst.tra
    duplicate @95 in polish\x#lp3rep.tra
    @31 in polish\x#npcwait.tra contains illegal characters outside '~~' (=)
    @112 in polish\x#npcwait.tra contains 1 '~'
    @3803 in polish\x#pcinit_tmp.tra contains @3804 (they are on a single line)
    duplicate @11 in polish\x#totsc.tra
    duplicate @116 in polish\x#totsc.tra
    @231 in polish\x#viconia.tra contains unknown keyword
    @319 in polish\x#xanlt.tra bad sound tag [XAN 17] (contains space)

Here is a fixed polish directory. I only dealt with the syntax issue that would prevent installation (x#kaqst.tra, x#npcwait.tra, x#pcinit_tmp.tra, x#viconia.tra, x#xanlt.tra).
    I couldn't handle duplicates without knowing the language (texts are sometimes different between the duplicates). However the only issue with them is that you may get the "wrong" one in the game but it's probably no big deal.

I managed to install the mod in polish with theses changes to the polish language and the tp2 file. Banters trigger in the game and they are definitely in a polish looking language, including the special characters.

@Etamin, don't forget to update the tp2 file as stated above if you want to try the archive.
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    edited April 2014
    It's working! So finally this day has come. After 508 days we have NPCProject in polish! It definitely took "a little while" like LiamEsler said in first post here :).
    Post edited by Etamin on
    @Shin‌ - No worries, the help was appreciated and came at lightning speed :) I'm trying out an all rogue party just for fun, and CHARNAME decided to kill Xzar in his sleep due to his insanity :P
    Shin said:

SirK8 said:

Indeed, I was a bit sloppy. The first change only corrected Montaron leaving due to high reputation, which may not even have been your issue since you only had 9. The second change corrected him leaving due to lack of Xzar after you explained your situation. It's unusual for people to drop just Xzar in that way I think, so it didn't occur to me at first.
  • Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844
    edited April 2014
    @AstroBryGuy‌ It seems to be working on my PC version. Hooray! Thanks. And now, off to find that bloody throwing dagger somewhere .... For me, getting the NPC1 Project installed on EE took on a whole new level of urgency once I read somebody's offhand remark somewhere about that dagger.
    @Isaya - Thank you very much! I missed the CP1252 vs CP1250 thing.

I've incorporated your revisions and updated the package at:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80058200/BG1NPC-AstroBryGuy-20140418.zip

@Etamin - Glad it's working for you!
    edited April 2014
    Finally got this installed just one thing it came upon something with ajantis coran and xan after you installed the romance aspect and it wouldn't install is that normal or no. Okay it was the female romance challange.
    edited April 2014

Finally got this installed just one thing it came upon something with ajantis coran and xan after you installed the romance aspect and it wouldn't install is that normal or no. Okay it was the female romance challange.

The romance challenge uses assets from two areas from BG2. These areas aren't in a BGEE installation. So, I disabled that component on BGEE for now.
    Post edited by AstroBryGuy on
    okay thanks
    I'm continuing to enjoy this mod, especially Imoen needling Tiax about Cryic, love it. I did run into one problem though, I can't find where to access Cloakwood Forest. It doesn't seem to open (I've tried traveling from FAI and other surrounding areas, but the map does not reveal.

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #29 // The BG1 NPC Project: Cloakwood areas availability in Chapter One -> Open four Cloakwood areas (everything but the Mines): v21_PRERELEASE_3_AY#

Should I be doing anything in particular to get it to reveal? I'm playing an all thief game and need Coran :)
    @SirK8 These components have not been completely adjusted for the names of areas in BGEE. Here is a modified tp2 (based on latest from @AstroBryGuy) that should add the missing bits.
    Remember that, as stated during the installation, you need to start a new game for this to work.
    @Isaya - I started a new game (hopefully I'll actually finish this one, then it will be time to buy BGII:EE). The Cloakwood area is showing up. Thank you!
  • winterswinters Member Posts: 252
    edited April 2014
    I assume that these guys are a part of BG1 NPC Project too since I can't recall meeting them during recent vanilla run, but I don't know what are they supposed to do, apart from playing some Faerunian version of verbal 2048, apparently :D

Btw., it's probably them what stops Sorrem (Rasaad's questline) from showing up, I had to cconsole him and it seems that everything works properly since then - no more mod-related bugs for now.

@winters They are indeed from BG1 NPC. They belong to the Tiax quest. I don't know if they appear independantly of having him in the party but from some quest dialogs, it's not unlikely.
    The missing strings are standard voiced lines of BG II reused by these characters. For instance 61375 for Karris would apply to a successful pickpocket. When used with BG1Tutu or BGT, these BG II reference exist.
    I guess that this shows how much work remains if all characters used in BG1 NPC must be checked and their voiced lines redirected to some existing BGEE line or the corresponding lines added to the mod.

Regarding the consequence on Rasaad quest, the way the script of this house is made and how BG1 NPC adds the characters (at the end of the script) ensures that BG1 NPC won't interfere. If Sorrem is missing, it's because some BGEE condition is not met. RASAAD_PLOT should be 3 for Sorrem to appear.
    It worked for me when I force joined Raasad and set the variable. I guess either you were not advanced enough in the plot or there was a BGEE issue.
  • winterswinters Member Posts: 252
    They talk about not having the time right now and ask to return later if Tiax isn't in the party, so I guess it's quite an elegant way to deal with things.

About Rasaad's quest. This is weird. I didn't check the globals before spawning Sorrem the first time I couldn't find him. The second time everything went as it should, he appeared where he's supposed to, but... now Karris' party follows me around, they climb up and down the stairs when I do and even leave the building if I'm not fast enough. That's actually kind of hilarious.
This discussion has been closed.