Skip to content

Siege of Dragonspear 2.5 Update

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
The 2.5 update for Siege of Dragonspear is coming to an Android device near you!

This update focuses on bug fixes and ensuring that player characters can be imported and exported properly for the other Baldur's Gate titles.

The 2.5 update will first be available on Google Play and will be rolled out to Steam, GoG, Beamdog, App Store, and Mac App store in the weeks ahead. Watch out for future updates!

Patch notes: http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/06/siege-of-dragonspear-25-update.html

Comments

• PreyerPreyer Member Posts: 16
    edited June 2018
    Awesome! Thanks to the whole team for great work :)
  • kingnightkingnight Member Posts: 54
    Should I treat it as a signal that a 2.5 patch for both the BGEE and BG2EE will be soon on time?
  • fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 399
    On the patch notes, this 2.5 update looks very specific to the SOD stand alone mobile game... Not bg1, 2 or even SOD pc expansion... just speculating, but I wouldn't hold your breath.
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    fluke13 said:

On the patch notes, this 2.5 update looks very specific to the SOD stand alone mobile game... Not bg1, 2 or even SOD pc expansion... just speculating, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

that's because both bg:ee and bg2:ee already have a beta patch running currently with different patch notes.
    @Doubledimas thanks for the info. Im waiting eagerly for the pc BGEE+sod 2.5 on Beamdog
  • fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
    Siege of Dragonspear is standalone on Android and iOS.
  • StefanOStefanO Member Posts: 346
    Is there a reason why the 2.5 update to Siege of Dragonspear for Windows, Linux, and Mac is so late?
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    StefanO said:

Is there a reason why the 2.5 update to Siege of Dragonspear for Windows, Linux, and Mac is so late?

Chuckle
  • fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
    ¡Viva Beamdog!
  • MusaabMusaab Member Posts: 92
    And they have been working on those 2 bugs for 2 weeks+.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Musaab said:

And they have been working on those 2 bugs for 2 weeks+.

Must be really nasty ones.
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    edited August 2018
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Has the patch been released?
    Not yet via Beamdog client.
  • anastielanastiel Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 246
    update in steam
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited August 2018
    anastiel said:

update in steam

The updates are up in the Beamdog client.
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Yup, I'm downloading it right now.
  • anastielanastiel Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 246
    noticed problem in this new update the game presents a strong slowness after the dialogs of history and save, I do not know if other members had this problem
    I just finished a 2.5 runthrough and Im very happy to report I endured very few bugs.
    I only suffered 2 and a half noticeable bugs:

1) A thin blue line next to certain characters when they are blue highlighted, especially in indoor areas - palace at beginning, castles later.

2) Occasionally (twice) in dialogues where you open a store, the background screen scrolled all the way to the bottom of the map.

half) M'Khiin animation didn't change for different gear equipped. (and she didn't have a sprite with pink hair).
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    Good job! I hope those bugs are duly reported. :)
    yes sir o:)