Skip to content

Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition 2.5 Patch

13»

Comments

• AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,015
    Is the current build number you have anywhere on Beamdog client? Can't seem to find that.

Or is this all under the hood now?
  • StefanOStefanO Member Posts: 346
    look under settings

Aerakar
    Got it, thanks!
    What does 'update queue disconnected' mean? I am suddenly frozen out of the client. It was working great an hour ago. Perhaps a new patch is releasing?
    Nevermind, just signed out and back in and works again. Strange...
  • StefanOStefanO Member Posts: 346
    I don't know for sure, but from some error message I saw the beamdog client seams to use a bit-torrent library to lessen the file transfer burden. If the computer goes to sleep while the client is running in the background, the client gets messed up when the computers awakes. Restarting the client helps. Fortunately you only need the client for updates and not for playing.
    Aerakarlolien
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    edited November 2018
    Are there any further plans to remove CreateCreatureOffscreen from scripts? I'm currently playing on 2.5, and I can see that there has been some effort put into fixing the issue (e.g. with the Kruin encounter), but the function is still causing bugs with other events such as vampire encounters, quest givers and bandit attacks.
    [Deleted User]lolien
    Adul said:

Are there any further plans to remove CreateCreatureOffscreen from scripts? I'm currently playing on 2.5, and I can see that there has been some effort put into fixing the issue (e.g. with the Kruin encounter), but the function is still causing bugs with other events such as vampire encounters, quest givers and bandit attacks.

@JuliusBorisov @Avenger_teambg Should I compile a list of all the uses of CreateCreatureOffscreen in the game and submit a ticket?
    lolien
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Adul said:

Adul said:

@JuliusBorisov @Avenger_teambg Should I compile a list of all the uses of CreateCreatureOffscreen in the game and submit a ticket?
    Yes, please!
    Adullolien

Adul said:

Adul said:

Yes, please!
    Ok, done. I've created one for BGII:EE and one for BG:EE.
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Hmm, @Adul Have you read the recap? The feature won't be removed. Please report the exact cases of bugs.

Hmm, @Adul Have you read the recap? The feature won't be removed. Please report the exact cases of bugs.

@JuliusBorisov I'm not sure what you mean. The function itself is bugged and spawns creatures in unpredictable and sometimes off-limits parts of the current area whenever called. So in my estimation, all instances of it should be classified as bugs.
    ThacoBell
  • zenblackzenblack Member Posts: 100

The bug is the function as has been reported numerous times.
    AdulThacoBell
    To be clear though, even if the function worked exactly as intended and the creatures spawned right outside of the visible area, it would still break all the encounters where it spawns creatures who fail to seek out the party while they are out of sight. Which is usually the case in BGII:EE.
    ThacoBelllolien
  • ParysParys Member Posts: 205
    @JuliusBorisov
    Would you like to tell me if the two years old bug #20702 will be fixed in the upcoming 2.6 patch?