Skip to content

Medical Update: Started Chemo

TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 331
Howdy All, Josh here, just to give a heads up I been quiet the last few weeks, bc I been I some pain due to my brain tumor growing and migraines. I just wanted to let my friends and family on the forums and beamdog know that I have started Chemo and my Neurologist/Pain Management Doctor has begun pain treatment for me, I just want to say thank you for your thoughts and prayers and I hope you all are having a good summers and enjoying Neverwinter.
O_BruceronaldosemiticgoddessStummvonBordwehrAedanRaduzielArctodusThacoBellOrlonKronsteen[Deleted User]voidofopinionGrammarsalad

Comments

• O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Best of luck for you!
    TorgrimmerThacoBellOrlonKronsteen[Deleted User]
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Stay strong, @Torgrimmer: We're all rooting for you.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    So you're basically Bruce Banner now.

Cool.

Good luck!
    TorgrimmerThacoBellOrlonKronsteen
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Don't give up, my friend, stay strong! You will be in my thoughts.
  • TStaelTStael Member Posts: 861
    Lots of cancers are highly treatable now, and I hope yours is one of them buggars, and even if more challenging - the treatments do advance very quickly.

Just this next week, I have volunteered to go assist my uncle with logging logistics for his winter firewood.

He recovered as an adult from a form of lymphoma that my brother (twistedly thankfully) suffered "young" some twenty years back, when prognoses for older sufferers was really bleak. Yet both happily live.

Hang in on there, good luck - and do do things you love, as much as you can!
    TorgrimmerOrlonKronsteenAedanAerakar
  • TStaelTStael Member Posts: 861
    PS. Both me and my brother have and did and still do block much of the fear and exhaustion of that period, even if I think that the only other time I have been in state of shock was when my brother called me with the news.

We both adopted an attitude of not worrying for worse, before it realises itself. It was both real and bravado.

There is meanwhile one absolutely warm memory in all this, which I cherish. My brother called me to announce that the social services had contacted him to offer him a custom-made wig.

We laughed quite hysterically to the point of almost (maybe?) pissing our pants - not because this service is generally poor, but just because the idea of a wig on my brother was so absurd.

That moment of bonding and laughing hysterically at the face of that illness was a turning point for me, in terms of hope and intimacy with my brother's suffering, and I think it mattered to him too.

Meanwhile, my uncle had his wig on display for a while after all clear, and kept an unflattering haircut just because his re-grown hair was curly. I am glad to say, both the wig and the hair-cut are now gone, a year later.

You go forth, @Torgrimmer !
    TorgrimmerOrlonKronsteenAerakar
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    Cheering for you, Josh, and wishing for great success with your treatments.
    [Deleted User]ThacoBellTorgrimmer
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    AedanThacoBellOrlonKronsteenTorgrimmer