Skip to content

Movement bug

Is anyone else seeing a weird bug where characters can't move properly?

If I select Dorn and click somewhere to make him walk, he starts to move but a second or so later, the mouse pointer flickers, the waypoint Dorn was headed towards disappears and he stops moving. I've removed all of his equipment and moved him to a different slot in the party and it still happens. Other characters seem to be unaffected.

It is rendering the game basically unplayable as whenever my party tries to walk anywhere, Dorn gets left behind. The only way I can reliably move him is to order him to attack someone and then he will walk towards them without stopping.

I've not seen it until today and old saves are affected so I'm guessing it might be to do with the latest patch.

Comments

• PingwinPingwin Member Posts: 262
    When Dorn is in the party I've noticed that the mouse pointer flickers periodically, going from the "movement" pointer to the "finger" pointer and back extremely quickly. This seems to correspond with Dorn losing his waypoint and stopping moving. The flickering pointer will also go away if I kick Dorn out of the party so there is something about Dorn specifically that is broken now that doesn't affect Xzar, Monty, Kivan or Garrick.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    A change of variable scope is apparently causing a stutter bug for Dirn in old saves. See this post for a resolution:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/976294/#Comment_976294
    Thanks for the prompt response, I'll try that next time I fire up the game.
    Cheers, that has fixed it.
  • khhgdogkhhgdog Member Posts: 1
    I have the same issue, playing on IPad though so can’t enact the suggested fix. Are there any other possible solutions.

I don’t know whether it is coincidental but was playing the game when the update was installed
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    khhgdog said:

I have the same issue, playing on IPad though so can’t enact the suggested fix. Are there any other possible solutions.

I don’t know whether it is coincidental but was playing the game when the update was installed

If you can't use that fix, you might need to start a new game :(
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    khhgdog said:

Can you transfer your save to a PC/Mac? I can try to edit the save in EEKeeper and then send it back to you.

Here are instructions for transferring saves to/from iPad: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/460954#Comment_460954
  • EndlesswaveEndlesswave Member Posts: 28
    khhgdog wrote: »

Same issue here except it does it with Jaheira right after Adalon transports us from the Underdark. Man, is it ever infuriating! Did you end up fixing it on your end? I've heard the only way is to transfer the file to PC, fix it there then transfer it back. My PC files of the game were the original CD ROMs from the late 90s/early 2000s, will this cause any issue in fixing this?