Skip to content

2,5 bug?

MWOMWO Member Posts: 214
Hello!

I just started to play the new 2,5 update. However, when I level up with my characters I don't see any level up Icon on the portraits? It should be a "golden +" in the upper right cornet. Ill add a screenshot to show you.

Anyone knows about this?

Also… On the worldmap of the swoardcoast… each and every named city has this text to it: "Beregost, 14 hours" which means there are ALOT of text all over the map nowadays… Anyway to disable that option?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    The missing level icon is a known bug on BG:EE/SoD installs on the Beamdog Client (somehow Steam doesn't have this issue).

With regards to your second issue: Do you mean that every city has the exact same text (Beregost, 14 hours) or every city has the same text ([City Name], xx hours)?
  • MWOMWO Member Posts: 214
    Rather strange that it's a known bug, yet it wasn't fixed in the 2.5 patch? It worked perfectly prior the new patch. How can I make the icon for leveling up come back again?

With regards to my second issue: I mean that every city has the same text. Rather disturbing and in my opinion very "ugly"... I'll show you in this printscreen:

• kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    @MWO The bug was added in the v2.5 SoD patch. It was spotted and reported almost immediately.
    If you have NI, you can edit "STATES.BAM" and change the "center-x" value of frame 256 from "0" to "13".

The map previously had those labels: the font has changed, the text is now further below the area image, and the text now spans only 2 (wider) lines instead of 3 (shorter) lines. I agree the old looked better - the new text overlaps (or is cut off by) the locations below them.
    Hmm… strange. What's NI where I can edit "STATES.BAM"?

Thanks!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,722
    @MWO Do/Did you have any mods installed (regarding the map)?

@kjeron
    kjeron said:

The map previously had those labels: the font has changed, the text is now further below the area image, and the text now spans only 2 (wider) lines instead of 3 (shorter) lines. I agree the old looked better - the new text overlaps (or is cut off by) the locations below them.

Please report at support.baldurgate.com
    Hello,
    No, I don't have any mod regarding the worldmap that should inflict any severe bugs to the game. Hm, rather disapointing. Better to have let the game be without the 2.5 patch... they fix something, to make another problem pop-up.. Sadly I cannot install the game without downloading any patches since the game does so automatically.
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    I can confirm that the worldmap text is problematic. City labels can easily overlap (especially in other languages where the translations are longer).
    I am more concerned about the leveling up Icon disappearing on the portrait... It's so frustrating since sometimes you miss if one of your characters levels up in the middle of a fight... :P
    Much obliged @kjeron
    I'll try this when I come home. I'm still at the office...