Skip to content

[Kit Pack] Deities of Faerûn - v 1.9.7.5.1 [53 Cleric Kits and more for IWD, BG(2)EE and EET]

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Raduziel said:

Well, not a DoF issue. I'll fill a bug report.

Bug report addressing this situation.
    Just now I've noticed two support requirements on my wall.

I really don't look at that, so if you need some kind of enlightenment or bugfix related to DoF, send me a PM or ask directly here.

@CharlestonianTemplar The issue you reported is probably related to the characters Strenght score. Check if your character meets the splint mail/mace requisite.

@UOLegacy Just to avoid the risk of being rude by letting you without an answer: the Shaman is fully integrated to the Sphere System with v 1.9.0. The way it learns spells is a little bit different in DoF (through a special ability). You may check the Readme for more details.
  • Radamanth77Radamanth77 Member Posts: 16
    2.5 bgee + 2.5 bg2ee seems working regularly with DoF. Will update as I do more testing. BTW is there a way to "re-use" the lines in kit list file? I mean, there are a few kits obsolete in the list and DoF for example, blocks the vanilla gods installing new kits; can I actually use those lines with kits used by npcs (and so not in creation char screen) or it will break the game?

2.5 bgee + 2.5 bg2ee seems working regularly with DoF. Will update as I do more testing. BTW is there a way to "re-use" the lines in kit list file? I mean, there are a few kits obsolete in the list and DoF for example, blocks the vanilla gods installing new kits; can I actually use those lines with kits used by npcs (and so not in creation char screen) or it will break the game?

I'm not sure if I understood your question, sorry. Probably my fault as a non-native speaker.

Can you please clarify?
  • Radamanth77Radamanth77 Member Posts: 16
    Don't worry, I figured out myself. Was some testing I m doing about the 256 kit limits and the behavior of the files involved. Thanks anyway.
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    @Raduziel the Protection sphere has Greater Divine Shield as a 7th level spell. It says it can only be cast by good characters, yet it shows in the spell book for evil and neutral characters. Is there a way to have it only show in good books so there is no temptation to memorize a spell that wont cast?

@Raduziel the Protection sphere has Greater Divine Shield as a 7th level spell. It says it can only be cast by good characters, yet it shows in the spell book for evil and neutral characters. Is there a way to have it only show in good books so there is no temptation to memorize a spell that wont cast?

I believe you're talking about IWDEE, right?

I need to do some alterings in the code so the spells from the sphere system will be edited even in IWDEE.

This restriction was lifted in BG(2)EE and will be lifted in IWDEE too.
    I am in BG2EE. The description says good only.
    edited August 2018

I am in BG2EE. The description says good only.

Can you cast it as an evil/neutral character?

If you can I know what the issue is. If you can't, I'll need to dig deeper.

Edit: Are you using IWDification?
    I am using IWDification.

My evil priest can cast it, but it does not work on evil characters (says no effect on evil).

I am using IWDification.

My evil priest can cast it, but it does not work on evil characters (says no effect on evil).

I need to alter the code so it can target spells added by IWDification, B_Spells and IWDEE itself. Currently, those are untouched by DoF.

I already know how to fix it and will do so ASAP, probably until tomorrow morning (GMT -3) but I'm making no promises. I'm struggling with time at the moment.
    No worries. Started a new BGEE game with Leira. Don't like the lack of armor, but the kit seems interesting.
    By the way. The 5th level Divine shield also says it does not work on evil.

By the way. The 5th level Divine shield also says it does not work on evil.

Yup, it is in the same package that Greater Divine Shield is. The same way there will be no code improvement to Iron Body, etc. If it is an IWDEE game, contains B_Spell or IWDification pretty much everything from IWDImport.tpa is ignored.
    Raduziel said:

I am using IWDification.

I need to alter the code so it can target spells added by IWDification, B_Spells and IWDEE itself. Currently, those are untouched by DoF.

I already know how to fix it and will do so ASAP, probably until tomorrow morning (GMT -3) but I'm making no promises. I'm struggling with time at the moment.
    A promise is a debt and I'm a big fan of the Lannisters.

Fix uploaded.

I'm keeping the 1.9.0

This fix goes beyond simple text changes, it also brings all the improvement I've made to certain spells (Blood Rage, Entropy Shield, Iron Body, Antimagic Shell to name a few) to IWDEE and games modded with IWDification and B_Spells.

Only had the time to make some quick-tests, but everything I looked was good. Let me know if anything misbehaves and I'll fix ASAP as usual.
    With Tweaks Anthology v5 new release I've decided to make a special note in the Readme addressing this mod in specific as it is very popular and complex.

The added text follows. You can also check it on DoF's Readme from now on.

-- A special note about Tweaks Anthology --

i) Use Character Colors Instead of Item Colors // This turns the Use Kit's Colors component redundant.

ii) Multiple Strongholds - any stronghold for anyone // This turns the Stronghold Alterings component redundant.

iii) Multiple Strongholds - more than one stronghold // I didn't test to see how this behaves with the Stronghold Alterings. Probably they will work fine together.

iv) Universal Clubs, Weapon Styles for all // Will not break anything, but will remove part of DoF's flavor (reproduce the kits as they are in PnP).

v) Alter Weapon Proficiency System // This one will probably break DoF as every kit has specific restrictions.

vi) Multiclass Grandmastery // This component may turn some deities features redundant (like Alaghar of Clangeddin being able to put *** in Axes/Hammers as Clerics or F/C)

vii) Alter Multiclass Restriction // This has the possibility of allowing players to make combinations that were not forecasted by DoF. This may lead to misbehaves.

viii) Remove Racial Restrictions for Kits // This component will not break anything in terms of mechanics but will do so when it comes to lore. Some deities/pantheons are restricted to specific races for lore reasons.

ix) Paladins Use IWD-HoW Spell Progression/Rangers Use IWD-HoW Spell Progression // This one may cause problems as DoF's Sphere System enforces BG's spell progression in IWD (because it is the one used in PnP). Due to that, the Sphere System does not embrace Rangers with a spellcasting over the third circle and Paladins with a spellcasting over the fourth circle.

x) Loosen Item Restrictions for Multi- and Dual-class Clerics/Change Item Restrictions for Multi- and Dual-class Druids // As DoF uses specific items restrictions for every kit, this component may lead to unexpected behaves.

xi) Everyone Gets Bonus APR from Specialization // This component will turn some deities' features redundant. In DoF, extra-APR is something precious and the kits that have access to this feature have a drawback in the form of a smaller sphere selection.

xii) Allow Mages to Use Bucklers and Thieves to Use Small Shields // Some deities specifically bans shields, and some of those have C/M and C/T multiclasses. This component will remove this restriction.

xiii) Give Every Class/Kit Four Weapon Slots // The warrior-like deities from DoF have as a way of balance its extra APR and sometimes specialization the fact that it gets fewer weapon slots. This component may affect the balance.
    Raduziel, thank you for making all the IWDification spells and your spells divine (instead of just giving the mage spells to priests). In BG2EE I don't set off the cowled wizards for casting magic like I did in the past. Just wanted to note this and say thanks!

Raduziel, thank you for making all the IWDification spells and your spells divine (instead of just giving the mage spells to priests). In BG2EE I don't set off the cowled wizards for casting magic like I did in the past. Just wanted to note this and say thanks!

The owner of this credit is @kjeron . All I did was import the spells exactly as they are, it is his code that makes all the magic.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367

It's a rare enough thing, though, that I made the same choice, and make divine clones of mage spells rather than casting the real thing.

I gave him 3 options (and their various pro/con), he made the same choice.
    In an ideal world, every spell would be an otherwise empty shell that just applied a caster-neutral subspell at a caster-specific level.
    edited August 2018
    kjeron said:

It's a rare enough thing, though, that I made the same choice, and make divine clones of mage spells rather than casting the real thing.

I gave him 3 options (and their various pro/con), he made the same choice.
    In an ideal world, every spell would be an otherwise empty shell that just applied a caster-neutral subspell at a caster-specific level.

@Raduziel I am in SoD and I acquired M'khilin. She has the following spells known at 10th level. Is this correct? Only having one 4th and one 5th level known spell seems odd?
    I have not played a Shaman is a long time so I can't remember if this is correct?

1st level:

2nd level:

3rd level:

4th level:

5th level:

edited September 2018
    @Necromanx2 No, it is not. The shaman-free-bonus-spells are being counted for their cap when they shouldn't (except for level 1).

You can check it out here.

I'll tag @kjeron to see if something can be done about it.

Nevermind.
    Post edited by Raduziel on
    Does she not have the selection ability to select more?
    She does have the selection ability. Sorry! Not used to that and didn't notice it at first.

She does have the selection ability. Sorry! Not used to that and didn't notice it at first.

And does this selection allows her to get an extra spell for every level except the first?

If it does, there is no problem at all. If it doesn't, the extra-spell is indeed taking a slot.
    edited September 2018
    I was able to select 4th and 5th level spells only.

EDIT: I have 6/4/3/3/2 known spells in my book now and nothing left to learn per the ability.
    @Raduziel I found the problem, I'll send you a fix after testing.
    The issue is specific to Mkhiin (and other NPC shamans), not the spell selection system, so it should not affect any player-generated shamans.
    In the meantime @Necromanx2, you should be able to fix it using the console over Mkhiin:
    C:SetGlobal("RASHMKN2","LOCALS",3)
    and
    C:SetGlobal("RASHMKN3","LOCALS",2)
    @kjeron, do you see any potential issues if I use the Witchlight Shaman kit from the Willow Wisp mod?
    @Necromanx2 only if it adds an NPC, that NPC might need a similar fix.
    Count how many non-free spells you have for each level, then setglobal "RASHMKN(level)" to that value.

If the kit adds it's own "free" spells in a similar manner, they might get counted. It depends on how "pre-built" the NPC is, or if it's left to the game to apply their kit (as it does anyway).