Skip to content

[Kit Pack] Deities of Faerûn - v 1.9.7.5.1 [53 Cleric Kits and more for IWD, BG(2)EE and EET]

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited August 2018
    Ok, version 1.9.0 is taking a while because I learn a lot of nice stuff that I'm implementing to improve my coding. Lots of things were left behind due to laziness/lack of skill and now are being polished.

1) The way the Holy Symbols are installed: Done. Now instead of over one hundred .itm files, we have one file that will be transformed into the desired .itm during install. That means less trash sitting uselessly inside your computer.

2) Summons: 95%. The summons passed through a revision. Some aspects were altered to better match PnP, some other were altered to keep up with the game's level of challenge (like the elementals and Minor Death). The only thing left to do is a script for Loviatar's Erinyes.

3) Shamans + Sphere System: Done. @kjeron finished this part and I did the M'Khiin component, so Shamans are ready to roll in DoF. Just remember to add Shaman kits before installing DoF. If you want a Shaman kit inside the Sphere System, point it to me and I'll get in touch with the mod's author.

4) Game's improvements: Done. DoF now makes some little fixes to the game like the way Skull Trap and Glyph of Warding behaves (fewer enemies will be able to run past it) and improving the consistency of some other spells such as Iron Body.

5) Bestiary: Done. Already uploaded. There you may get more details about the summoned creatures introduced by DoF.

6) Spells improvement: 20%. This is what I'm doing at the moment: going through every spell I already made to search for inconsistencies and ways of improvement. By doing so, lots of spells with a flat duration can now get its PnP duration thanks to a function that Kjeron taught me. A lot of ground to cover, but will be faster than it looks.

7) Strings review: 10%. This is not a text revision, but I want to change the way the strings are organized in DoF to make easier to produce kits in the future. The 10% advance is due to some errors I found and fixed, the new organization per se haven't started.

8) New Readme: 0%. Not a priority actually and I'm not even sure if it will be done.

Topics 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 are already uploaded on Github. They are not officially released, but are completely functional and should not misbehave (only the Erinyes will not riot as the spell's description says because that is on the script I'm procrastinating having difficulties to create.

Topics 6 and 7 will be uploaded only when they are completely ready to avoid any sort of trouble. By doing so I'll be able to officially release version 1.9.0

Topic 8 will be ready when it is ready and may never see the light of the day.

I know it's taking a while, but it is for the better benefit of everyone.

Stay tuned for more.
  • ggallegherggallegher Member Posts: 78
    @Raduziel

Attempting to install the latest version from Github, it errors out on the Waveservant of Umberlee kit with:

ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "DeitiesofFaerun/Lib/Spheres/Import/ConjureWaterElemental/ES12WATR.CRE")

Looking inside the mod's file structure, in the folder path "DeitiesofFaerun/Lib/Spheres/Import/ConjureWaterElemental" there's a file named "ES8WATR.CRE" and a file named "RA12WATR.CRE", but not one named "ES12WATR.CRE".

@Raduziel

Attempting to install the latest version from Github, it errors out on the Waveservant of Umberlee kit with:

ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "DeitiesofFaerun/Lib/Spheres/Import/ConjureWaterElemental/ES12WATR.CRE")

Looking inside the mod's file structure, in the folder path "DeitiesofFaerun/Lib/Spheres/Import/ConjureWaterElemental" there's a file named "ES8WATR.CRE" and a file named "RA12WATR.CRE", but not one named "ES12WATR.CRE".

Sorry, wrong upload.

I'll not be able to solve this until very late today, but as soon as I get home I can address this.

At the Conjure Water Elemental you should have:

RA12WATR.CRE
    RA16WATR.CRE
    RA24WATR.CRE

Right? If so, rename the files inside Umberlee-Kit.tpa to match those above (From ESXXWATR... to RAXXWATR). That should do the trick.

If the above files are not listed I'll have to upload them. In this scenario I'll only be able to help when I get home.

Sorry for this.
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    edited August 2018
    @Raduziel, when uninstalling DoF I see this error. I see it for all kits and the colors component.

Unable to Unlink [override/spell.ids.deitiesoffaerun.1.marker]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/spell.ids.deitiesoffaerun.1.marker")

@Raduziel

@ggallegher Fixed.

@Raduziel, when uninstalling DoF I see this error. I see it for all kits and the colors component.

Unable to Unlink [override/spell.ids.deitiesoffaerun.1.marker]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/spell.ids.deitiesoffaerun.1.marker")
    Investigating. Can you send me the Setup-DoF.debug log that is generated after the uninstall?

Thanks.
    Raduziel said:

6) Spells improvement: Done. This is what I'm doing at the moment: going through every spell I already made to search for inconsistencies and ways of improvement. By doing so, lots of spells with a flat duration can now get its PnP duration thanks to a function that Kjeron taught me. A lot of ground to cover, but will be faster than it looks.

7) Strings review: 30%. This is not a text revision, but I want to change the way the strings are organized in DoF to make easier to produce kits in the future. The 10% advance is due to some errors I found and fixed, the new organization per se haven't started.

The spells part is done, finally. The function Kjeron taught me is really, really useful. The change at spells duration means that the spells will be less overpowered in lower levels and more useful in high levels :)

By the way, all spells introduced by DoF that scales, do so until level 50 now.

I'm triple-checking things, but so far so good.

The strings topic advanced because I found some useless leftovers from before the Sphere System, but I'm not actively tackling that will do so after my next goal Loviatar's Erinyes' script.

I'll probably have everything done by Wednesday, but I'm returning with the link now. Keep in mind that 1.9.0 is not officially release yet. If you chose to download, install and play it (what I did with no problems) consider yourself a beta tester.

@Necromanx2 looks like it is some bad leftover for an inappropriate uninstall. Can happen if the files are modified between installs.

To avoid this, uninstall the mod, delete its folder, copy the new one and reinstall. This is something that may happen to any big mod that constantly adds new content (DoF by textbook) if the procedure I prescripted is not followed.

Shouldn't give you any problem, by the way.
    @Raduziel, has the Druid spell spheres been changed? I see All, Air, Earth, Fire, Water, Animal, Vermin, Plant as major spheres now.

@Raduziel, has the Druid spell spheres been changed? I see All, Air, Earth, Fire, Water, Animal, Vermin, Plant as major spheres now.

Yup, I've changed it back.
    edited August 2018
    Is there a reason? 7 major spheres is stronger then any other divine caster. Also, the quick druid level progression will have him casting 6th level spells early in SoA (or at the beginning if SoD is played).

Just wondering?

Is there a reason? 7 major spheres is stronger then any other divine caster. Also, the quick druid level progression will have him casting 6th level spells early in SoA (or at the beginning if SoD is played).

Just wondering?

DoF main goal is to stick to PnP. I'm doing it. Also, I made some tests and I felt that Gygax was right all the time.

As for the other divine casters, they have their candy. The special abilities listed in F&A/DHD/P&P and reproduced by DoF is quite generous to clerics. And the alterings on their gear restriction boosts some of the kits a lot.

Don't worry, druids are not receiving more spells per day. They just have more choices. If you want to, I can teach how to personalize the druid's spheres, but as far as I always appreciate feedback this decision comes from actually in-game tests and my better judgment.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I have a 10th level Priest of Myrkul in BG2EE. The innate ability he gets to animate dead is getting the 11th level version of the skeletal warrior (7HD instead of 5HD). If I cast from a memorized spell I get the proper one for 10th level (5HD one).

I have a 10th level Priest of Myrkul in BG2EE. The innate ability he gets to animate dead is getting the 11th level version of the skeletal warrior (7HD instead of 5HD). If I cast from a memorized spell I get the proper one for 10th level (5HD one).

Myrkul's Animate Dead takes the exactly same Animate Dead that is used by any other cleric:
    //Animate Dead

ACTION_IF FILE_CONTAINS_EVALUATED (~SPELL.IDS~ ~[ %TAB%]CLERIC_ANIMATE_DEAD[ %TAB%%WNL%%LNL%%MNL%$]~) BEGIN
    LAF RES_NUM_OF_SPELL_NAME STR_VAR spell_name = ~CLERIC_ANIMATE_DEAD~ RET spell_res END

COPY_EXISTING ~%spell_res%.spl~ ~override/RAMYRK1.spl~
    LPM ~SPELL_TO_INNATE~

END
    I'll take a look inside SPELL_TO_INNATE to see if this is coming from there.
    edited August 2018
    Raduziel said:

Myrkul's Animate Dead takes the exact same Animate Dead that is used by any other cleric:
    //Animate Dead

ACTION_IF FILE_CONTAINS_EVALUATED (~SPELL.IDS~ ~[ %TAB%]CLERIC_ANIMATE_DEAD[ %TAB%%WNL%%LNL%%MNL%$]~) BEGIN
    LAF RES_NUM_OF_SPELL_NAME STR_VAR spell_name = ~CLERIC_ANIMATE_DEAD~ RET spell_res END

COPY_EXISTING ~%spell_res%.spl~ ~override/RAMYRK1.spl~
    LPM ~SPELL_TO_INNATE~

END
    I'll take a look inside SPELL_TO_INNATE to see if this is coming from there.
    @Necromanx2

I've installed Myrkul in BG2EE, no mods other than DoF, and checking in NearInfinity the spell is behaving properly:

Also, in-game...

This last image is not duplicated, it's two different screenshots, one from each skeleton warrior. Not a single difference between them.

Both summoned by a Lv 10 Gray One of Myrkul

So this is not an issue with DoF or with CamDawg's SPELL_TO_INNATE macro.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367

Are you using the Cleric/Mage Priest of Myrkul? Innates use the average of class levels, rounded up. So if you're at level 10(Cleric)/11(Mage) it will cast at level 11.
    kjeron said:

Are you using the Cleric/Mage Priest of Myrkul? Innates use the average of class levels, rounded up. So if you're at level 10(Cleric)/11(Mage) it will cast at level 11.
    This game's mechanics never ceases to surprise me.
    I have a dual-class where mage is 11 (disabled) and priest is 10 (active). So this could be it then.
    edited August 2018
    @kjeron, do you mean if I have a 3rd level mage that duals to a priest that all the innates will be dragged down by the averaging? EX: a 3lvl Mage / 15lvl priest averages to 9lvl. I would need to get to a 27lvl priest to get the 15lvl skeletal warrior to summon on the innate ability?
    Some last-minute adjustments to the sphere system are holding 1.9.0 (apparently I have the skill to work for Beamdog). Basically documenting stuff.

BUT it is 4 AM here in Brazil and I'm off to bed. I'll try to finish and release by tomorrow.

After that, the following kits will be released:

Shaundakul, Valkur, Ulutiu, Eldath and, for IWDEE only, Ibrandul.

Unfortunately, those will have to be severely adapted from PnP. As always I'll do my best to be as faithful and aligned with the sourcebooks as possible I can't guarantee the kind of fidelity DoF offered so far.

When they will be released? When they are done. I wouldn't hold my breath. My plan is to release all of them at once to save you guys the trouble of reinstalling DoF over and over again (what may cause some issues).

With 1.9.0's release, I'll probably focus on two smaller projects before tackling DoF again. As usual, bug reports will be addressed ASAP. I won't be changing mechanics anymore (sphere, spells, creatures). What is done is done.

Stay tuned for more.
    edited August 2018

@kjeron, do you mean if I have a 3rd level mage that duals to a priest that all the innates will be dragged down by the averaging? EX: a 3lvl Mage / 15lvl priest averages to 9lvl. I would need to get to a 27lvl priest to get the 15lvl skeletal warrior to summon on the innate ability?

Unfortunately, yes. Low-level dual-classing carries a steep penalty to the "Innate" caster level.
    edited August 2018
    1) The way the Holy Symbols are installed: Done.

2) Summons review: Done.

3) Shamans: Done.

4) Game's improvements: Done.

5) Readme's Bestiary: Done.

6) Spells improvement: Done.

7) Strings review: 60%.

8) Spheres review: Done. Ranger and Paladin kits now have a custom set of spheres. Shamans don't have access to All sphere (Druids, Paladins and Rangers shouldn't either, but this is a code limitation). Druids now have minor access to Fire and major access to Vermin - before they had major access to both. A middle ground before my first and my last attempt to balance their spheres.

9) New Readme: 0%. This will not hold 1.9.0's release, so don't worry about its slow progress.

10) The way CLAB files are installed: I'm checking a new way to install the CLAB files for multiclass kits to reduce even further the number of files sitting uselessly in your PC.

Some leftovers .spl files were removed. This was only possible with topic #6.

The way it is now, everything is working fine so if anyone wants to beta test v 1.9.0, feel free to do so. Just remember to uninstall DoF completely, delete DoF's current folder, copy the new folder and only then reinstall it. This way you'll avoid some headaches with leftovers conflicts or useless files.

If I succeed with #10 the way kits are made will be way easier to me and way lighter to you. Win-win situation.

I intend to add DoF's spells that are from Player's Handbook and Tome of Magic to the pool of spells in the game and, obviously, to the Sphere System.

This way Shadowcloak, an exclusive spell from Mask, wouldn't be added, but Darkness and Changestaff would, as an example.

However, I'll only do that if someone who handles BAM files better than me fixes the job I did and use the game's actually shades of red and blue for the icons. Or at least teach me how to do that.

Probably it will be a huge amount of work as I'll have to redo things that are already done, but I believe it will worth it.

Stay tuned for more.

Raduziel said:

10) The way CLAB files are installed: I'm checking a new way to install the CLAB files for multiclass kits to reduce even further the number of files sitting uselessly in your PC.

Pray tell? You know I love me some technical mumbo-jumbo...
    Not a big deal.

While installing the single class kits their CLAB will be copied to the override folder as the MC's CLAB - basically the same thing I did for the .spl and .itm files of the Holy Symbols.

The tricky part is preventing the MC install from choking in the ADD_KIT block as there will be no MC CLAB file to be copied inside the mod's folder.

Maybe a simple (~~) will suffice, but I need to test. My theory is that leaving this field empty the kitname will lost the reference to its CLAB - and that hazard is what makes this tricky.

I'll let you know about the results.
    edited August 2018
    @kjeron I see that @argent77 got the Construct Golem innate ability to use the higher of two classes (that can make a golem) for both multi and dual class and not the average. Can this not be done for other innate abilities?

Edit: Can a given innate be made to look at the priest class level only for dual or multi-class?

Ah. I thought you hit upon a way to make qd_multi more effecient...

I don't know if it's wise to use the same clab file for both, as functions that use kitlist might mistake one for the other. Also using ~~ in ADD_KIT will probably result in a blank entry in kitlist, which could break things.

I add the single-class kit first, with its clab table; then the multiclass kit with a dummy clab file; then overwrite the multiclass file with the single-class one.

Dude, it's me. I wouldn't be able to do something that big.

I'll not use the same CLAB file for both files, I'll turn the single class file into the multi-class file, ordering Weidu to make the adjustments it takes during install instead of doing it myself (what results in useless files sitting on the mod's folder).

@kjeron I see that @argent77 got the Construct Golem innate ability to use the higher of two classes (that can make a golem) for both multi and dual class and not the average. Can this not be done for other innate abilities?

Edit: Can a given innate be made to look at the priest class level only for dual or multi-class?

I'll talk with @argent77 and see what can be done. I'm not favorable of the "use the highest level" situation. I prefer the average to be honest.

The best case scenario is your "Edit" situation, where the innate looks at the cleric level exclusively. If that can be done I'll embrace it for sure, otherwise I'll keep the average.

I don't know if it's wise to use the same clab file for both, as functions that use kitlist might mistake one for the other. Also using ~~ in ADD_KIT will probably result in a blank entry in kitlist, which could break things.

ADD_KIT chokes on a blank CLABFILE entry.
    Raduziel said:

The best case scenario is your "Edit" situation, where the innate looks at the cleric level exclusively. If that can be done I'll embrace it for sure, otherwise I'll keep the average.

Just have the innate clone cast the original priest spell through opcode 148/146 and p2=1.

I would suspect any attempt to cast at the "Best of" priest/wizard/innate caster level would involve scripts or various splprot redirects.
    @kjeron

I'll follow the override/CLAB approach.

The SET_2DA_ENTRY should suffice to fulfill my plans.
    Raduziel, do elemental summons have resistance to normal weapons?

Raduziel, do elemental summons have resistance to normal weapons?

Now they do. I removed it to run some tests with the new resistances and forgot to add it back. Thanks for calling my attention to this.

Ice Elementals (now correctly called Ice Paraelemental) needs weapons +1 or better. All the other elementals, +2 or better.

I also thought about implementing their PnP movement rate, but gave up on the idea for the sake of gameplay. Only the Air Elemental has a modified speed (and it is fast!).