Skip to content

[Kit Pack] Deities of Faerûn - v 1.9.7.5.1 [53 Cleric Kits and more for IWD, BG(2)EE and EET]

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @southfla79 Thanks, that's very good to know.

The last spell from the Sphere System (7 Eyes) is coded, tested and uploaded, so...

Version 1.8.7 is up and it contains:

* A brand new sphere system! Check the Readme for details.

* In BG(2)EE, Painbearers of Ilmater won't get two entries of DUHM anymore: now the DUHM gained by the kit will stack with the one provided by Bhaal.

* Mystra is officially immune to wild, miscast and, finally, dead magic. The tests at SoD's ambush and Watcher's Keep were perfect.

* Mystra's immunities were altered. Now at level 15, Dweomerkeepers will be immune to Remove Magic, Breach and Secret Word, making it a nice kit to use in SCS installs (especially with its almost instantaneous Dispel Magic).

* Yeslick's component was altered to also gives him the Alaghar of Clangeddin kit in BG2 if the Yeslick BG2 mod is installed.

* Cyric's features are now closer to its PnP behavior. No emotion-altering spell will touch him. No Dire Charm, but also no Exaltation. No Horror, but also no Emotion: Courage.

* Baervan's immunity to Web and Entangle was reworked and now should be covering everything related to these effects.

* Altered lots of invisible-but-essential things making this mod more solid when it comes to preventing bugs and improve crossmodding.

* A very specific bug in the Stronghold Alterings component was identified by @Necromanx2 and fixed by @kjeron .

* Some spells were improved during the import process to better fit their descriptions. Those spells are Blood Rage, Iron Body, Antimagic Shell and Entropic Shield.

* Curse now can only be cast by Evil priests. Bless, only for good ones. Neutral priests may cast both.

* Hold Animal was altered, now the spell is called Hold Person or Mammal.

* Talons of Malar will start with a proper claw now - except in BG2, where it will need to be retrieved from the Golem's room in Irenicu's dungeon. The claw is now a single-handed weapon and can be used with another weapon or a shield.

* Fastpaws no more can allocate pips in Sword and Shield style as they can't use shields.

* Hand of Hoar is working as intended. The revenant will follow you anywhere, except for some restricted areas. If you enforce its entry on those areas, it will be destroyed. Only one Revenant per priest is allowed.

* Minor Sequencer, Spell Sequencer, Contingency, Chain Contingency and Spell Trigger should work now even with the brilliant 2.3 x 2.5 mismatch that Beamdog implemented. Hands up for @kjeron

* Symbol Hopelessness folder is uploaded. Now Weidu won't choke during install anymore. My bad.

* Talons of Malar can't use slings anymore, as PnP rules.

* Vanilla's Druid and Paladin kits now have a custom sphere selection, a little different from the base class. Check the Readme for more info.

* Spells' descriptions are more consistent with its effects.
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    @Raduziel, I setup 1.8.7 on BGEE and started a new game with a Priest of Sune (CG Aligment). I can still use curse.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367

@Raduziel, I setup 1.8.7 on BGEE and started a new game with a Priest of Sune (CG Aligment). I can still use curse.

Was Curse added by DoF or another mod (b_spells/IWDification)?
    I installed IWDification first. Then DoF.

If you're using IWDification, DoF will respect the spells current behavior and will not change it.
    Are all IWDification divine spells in DoF now so that I can remove it?
    edited August 2018

Are all IWDification divine spells in DoF now so that I can remove it?

DoF contains all the spells used by DoF, so now you can fully enjoy the mod by its own.

IWDification contains more spells, as it touches all the wizard spells and, IIRC, bard songs.

So yes, you can remove IWDification and it will have zero impact in your DoF experience, but may affect your overall game experience.
  • southfla79southfla79 Member Posts: 214
    Did a quick compare of DOF and IWD divine spells. Only a handful of IWD spells do not appear in DOF: Cause Medium Wounds, Mass Cause Light Wounds, Spiritual Wrath.
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    Hey @Raduziel ! I dropped by to congratulate you on the new developments DoF has gone through. It's becoming a seriously awesome mod !

We can safely say that you're far from the awful modder you like to pretend you are ! :p
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited August 2018

Did a quick compare of DOF and IWD divine spells. Only a handful of IWD spells do not appear in DOF: Cause Medium Wounds, Mass Cause Light Wounds, Spiritual Wrath.

I could swear those were present in BG(2)EE too. I'll add them.
    Arctodus said:

Hey @Raduziel ! I dropped by to congratulate you on the new developments DoF has gone through. It's becoming a seriously awesome mod !

We can safely say that you're far from the awful modder you like to pretend you are ! :p

Thanks! I try to be mediocre, but @kjeron keeps teaching me new and awesome stuff :/

Raduziel said:

* Minor Sequencer, Spell Sequencer, Contingency, Chain Contingency and Spell Trigger should work now even with the brilliant 2.3 x 2.5 mismatch that Beamdog implemented.

What is the issue here? Do other mods that affect those spells need to be updated? Is this discussed in detail anywhere?
    I'll PM with what happened.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367

What is the issue here? Do other mods that affect those spells need to be updated? Is this discussed in detail anywhere?

If you install SoD v2.3 over BGEE v2.5b with Steam/GoG, SoD reverts some lines of UI.menu that were changed in v2.5, and the old lines no longer work. The lines changed in v2.5 to implement allowing Spell Immunity subspells to be stored in sequencers/contingencies.
    edited August 2018

Version 1.8.8 is up and it contains:

* Cause Medium Wounds (Suffering)

* Mass Cause Light Wounds (Suffering)

* Spiritual Wrath (All)

* Sir Sarles quest will now happen accordingly to the temple you served.
    Post edited by Raduziel on
    @Raduziel and @kjeron, I loaded 1.8.8 and then loaded my Mystra priest game where I had not entered the Temple district. Gaal does his speech, Helm priest comes and I can find him in Helms temple. However, the second priest that gives Sir Sarles quest is not there. I search and find him in the Temple of Talos. I can do the quests, but this is weird and wanted to let you know.

@Raduziel and @kjeron, I loaded 1.8.8 and then loaded my Mystra priest game where I had not entered the Temple district. Gaal does his speech, Helm priest comes and I can find him in Helms temple. However, the second priest that gives Sir Sarles quest is not there. I search and find him in the Temple of Talos. I can do the quests, but this is weird and wanted to let you know.

@kjeron Heard you and awesomely provided a solution. It is already in Github, but I'll keep the 1.8.8 version and just add this feature to its changelog.

Thanks for the feedback.
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    Raduziel said:

* Spiritual Wrath (All)

Cool cool. This means that dof installs as iwdee divine spells? (Asking for compatibility purposes)

Raduziel said:

* Spiritual Wrath (All)

Cool cool. This means that dof installs as iwdee divine spells? (Asking for compatibility purposes)
    Yup, no divine spell was left behind.
  • southfla79southfla79 Member Posts: 214
    edited August 2018
    Me again.....not sure if this is a mod thing or my PC.....installing the latest version on github. The install just hangs when adding Wizard Antimagic Shell. Tried twice now. Second time around it just sat there for about 4 minutes

Edit - and as soon as I hit post, it started moving again.

Me again.....not sure if this is a mod thing or my PC.....installing the latest version on github. The install just hangs when adding Wizard Antimagic Shell. Tried twice now. Second time around it just sat there for about 4 minutes

Edit - and as soon as I hit post, it started moving again.

It is not a thing on your PC, Antimagic Shell patches a lot of things, that's the reason why it takes so long. I really hope you didn't hard-closed Weidu cause that can be very bad. If you did, I strongly recommend a fresh install of the game.

---

I've uploaded some files that will:

1) Speed up Antimagic Shell's install a bit (thanks, @kjeron )

2) Fix some strings mismatches I did (Self-Sacrifice had Shield of Divine strings)

3) Improve Seven Eyes code to make it interact safer with other mod that uses 7EYES.2da (Kjeron again)

4) Fix Spiritual Wrath's projectile

I'm keeping the version as 1.8.8.

Three new kits will be released with 1.8.9, stay tuned for more.
    @Raduziel, I see that the 6th level priest spells Conjure Air elemental and Conjure Water Elemental only summon 8hd elementals. Should they not be 5th level spells considering that Conjure Fire and Earth elementals get min of 12hd with chances for 16hd and 24hd?

@Raduziel, I see that the 6th level priest spells Conjure Air elemental and Conjure Water Elemental only summon 8hd elementals. Should they not be 5th level spells considering that Conjure Fire and Earth elementals get min of 12hd with chances for 16hd and 24hd?

I've unified all the conjure elemental spells at level 6, despite the power of the summons.

But I'll alter it and make Conjure Fire Elemental spells capable of summoning only 8HD elementals. Will do the same altering for Auril's Ice Elemental.
    edited August 2018
    Ugh. Why are you nerfing the elemental summons so much?

EDIT: The elemental summons are the only thing nature deities have that can hurt magic resistant enemies (for summons). The IWD 8hd ones lack that ability and have no immunities to speak of which makes them poor meat shields. Nerfing the elementals is a big blow to druids and nature deities in my opinion.

Ugh. Why are you nerfing the elemental summons so much?

EDIT: The elemental summons are the only thing nature deities have that can hurt magic resistant enemies (for summons). The IWD 8hd ones lack that ability and have no immunities to speak of which makes them poor meat shields. Nerfing the elementals is a big blow to druids and nature deities in my opinion.

I'll see what I can do, then. Thanks for the feedback.
    Hi @Raduziel, I have been playing around and was wondering what the point of Earth sphere having both Stone Skin (4th level) and Iron Skins (5th level)? The 4th level version casts almost instantly while the 5th level one takes almost a full round to cast. They act the same. Is just to have anoth 5th level spell if the priest wants it?
    edited August 2018

Hi @Raduziel, I have been playing around and was wondering what the point of Earth sphere having both Stone Skin (4th level) and Iron Skins (5th level)? The 4th level version casts almost instantly while the 5th level one takes almost a full round to cast. They act the same. Is just to have anoth 5th level spell if the priest wants it?

Slots management.

Maybe you don't want to sacrifice a 5th level slot for Iron Skin and prefer Stoneskin, or you choose to fill all your 4th level spells with something else and spend a 5th level slot with Iron Skin.

Edit: Thinking again, I'll make a change in Iron Skin. No longer the target will be the caster, but a creature (the caster or other). Will make room for some very interesting strategies.
    Ok, some feedback time.

The "weak-elemental" is not an issue for Earth and Fire Elementals, just for Water and Air ones.

All alter the behavior of Water and Air spells to match those from Earth and Fire.

---

Iron Skin is already a target-effect instead of a caster-only one.

---

V 1.8.9 will be released as soon as I finish the elementals adjustments (unfortunately without new kits).
    Iron skin description says it is caster only target.
    edited August 2018

Iron skin description says it is caster only target.

I didn't upload the new version yet, it will be released with 1.8.9

New description:

Iron Skins
    (Alteration)

Level: 5
    Sphere: Earth
    Range: Touch
    Duration: 12 hours
    Casting Time: 1
    Area of Effect: 1 creature
    Saving Throw: None

When a priest casts this powerful spell upon a creature, an outer skin of iron will move up from the ground, completely covering the target. This skin is, of course, magical and will hinder the target in no way. The effect of this is to protect the creature from physical attacks such as melee weapons and projectiles. For every 2 levels of the caster, an additional skin is gained upon casting.

The skins will remain until the creature is affected by Dispel Magic, all of the skins are removed due to physical attacks, or the spell's duration expires. It is important to note that this will not protect the target from any area attacks, such as Fireball.
    edited August 2018
    Version 1.8.9 is up and it contains:

* New spell: Identify (Divination) - now Identify will boost the caster's Lore to 250 for 1 turn, allowing it to identify as many items as he/she can during this period.

* Curse/Bless now should be alignment-exclusive no matter what other mod added/modified them

* A fix for Spiritual Wrath's projectile, making the spell actually work

* A fix for Antimagic Shell, allowing it to install way faster (by Kjeron)

* A fix for a string mismatch between Self-Sacrifice and Shield of Dive

* An improvement to Seven Eyes coding for safer interaction with other mods (by Kjeron)

* An improvement to Hold Person or Mammal coding for safer interaction with other mods.

* Iron Skins now may target any creature, not only the caster.

* Consistent behavior between all elemental summoning: 60% 12HD, 35% 16HD, 5% 24HD.

* Auril's Conjure Ice Elemental is altered to behave like the other Conjure Elemental spells.

Elementals behave as follow:

Fire Elementals: No change (100% fire immunity, 3d8 damage per hit).

Earth Elementals: 100% electricity immunity, 4d8 damage per hit.

Water Elementals: 100% electricity vulnerability, 50% cold/acid resistance, 2d8 damage per hit.

Air Elementals: 50% cold/electricty/missile resistance, 1d8 damage per hit.

Ice Elementals: 100% fire vulnerability, 100% cold immunity, 50% crushing vulnerability, 50% slash/piercing/missile resistance, 3d8 + 1d6 cold per hit.

Notice that these resistances will be applied to all the elementals in the game (what is fair is fair!)

---

I won't be changing any more spells unless I think it is necessary; otherwise, I'll never get back to kits' creation. In my judgment, all the spheres have balance and coherence, so I'm flagging this stage as finished and moving on.

I have the intention of creating new spells and maybe importing another one or two from IWD, but I'll only do that once I finish Phase I.

---

DoF will be on hold until mid-September. This mod is taking way too much of my time from sleep, work and family and I need to get some things done before moving on with this project again.

Version 1.9 will have only kits and maybe two little surprises (those are not entirely up to me).

Hope you guys enjoy it, from now on I'll be answering only to bugs.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.