Skip to content

[MOD] DLC Builder for Enhanced Edition v2.x games

13»

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    edited May 2018
    StefanO said:

I'm using DlcBuilder 4.0-beta4 on the latest BG2EE patch 2.5.16.4

There is no problem building the DLC. No error messages at all. But using the DLC on another system doesn't work anymore. For instance the mod NPC portraits aren't shown. Maybe there are other problems too.

If I copy the override folder (and the dialog.tlk) to the second systems manually, everything looks fine.

This problem is new. The former 2.5 patch didn't had this problem.

Interesting. I'll take a look when I have some spare time.
    Post edited by argent77 on
    I've made a quick test myself. It looks like content from the DLC isn't applied to the game, even though log messages (when you start the game from the command line) indicate that the dlc has been detected and loaded. The same applies to IWDEE.
  • StefanOStefanO Member Posts: 346
    Any news about the 2.5 patch problem?
    StefanO said:

It looks like the DLC issue hasn't been fixed in the final 2.5 patch for BG2EE. The relevant bug report is still on 'submitted' status.
  • c4_angelc4_angel Member Posts: 35
    edited August 2018
    argent77 said:

StefanO said:

It looks like the DLC issue hasn't been fixed in the final 2.5 patch for BG2EE. The relevant bug report is still on 'submitted' status.
    I have tested (workshop folder) in the 2.5.17.0 released today (both BGEE+SOD and IWDEE), it seems the bug is fixed. But BG2EE "will remain as-is for the time being"...
    That’s good news. Kind of.

Thanks for the info.
    edited August 2018
    c4_angel said:

I have tested (workshop folder) in the 2.5.17.0 released today (both BGEE+SOD and IWDEE), it seems the bug is fixed. But BG2EE "will remain as-is for the time being"...

Sorry, but it doesn't work for me. Building a DLC with the DLCbuilder is no problem as before. Using the DLC crashes SoD to the desktop. That's new. But surely not better. ;)

I've spent some time trying to create a compatible DLC archive that doesn't crash the game. I don't know what changed in patch 2.5, but every method to create a zip archive failed so far. Using centralfix to fix zip headers didn't make a difference either.

The official SoD DLC works fine though, so there must be a way to create working DLC archives.

Do you thing Beamdog does it on purpose? For whatever reason? It worked fine in the first 2.5 beta.
    StefanO said:

Do you thing Beamdog does it on purpose? For whatever reason? It worked fine in the first 2.5 beta.

I doubt it. It's more likely they used special tools or options to create their DLC archives and "optimized" the DLC-related code of the game executables accordingly.
  • jtthjtth Member Posts: 171
    Does this still work or should I disregard?
    jtth wrote: »
    Does this still work or should I disregard?
    Latest EE patch (2.5) has changed something, which causes DLCs created by this mod to crash the game. I haven't found a way to fix it yet.

Apart from that, the mod still works fine for older patch versions though (2.3 and earlier).
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited March 2020
    @argent77

Wanted to test the suggested naming conventions and I got this on macOS:
    /bin/sh: DlcBuilder/tools/7za/osx/7za: Bad CPU type in executable

As a result, there's no "workshop" folder in my game folder (where "CHITIN.KEY" is...)
    Bubb wrote: »
    So, v2.5.17.0 currently works with dlc archives when they contain "dlc" in their name. For Windows users, I have attached an exe patch for BG2:EE v2.5.16.6 that fixes its inability to use dlc archives; (and note, just as v2.5.17.0, the dlc must contain "dlc" in its name).
    That's great news. I'll release an updated version of the DLC Builder shortly that takes the changes into account.
    Luke93 wrote: »

As a result, there's no "workshop" folder in my game folder (where "CHITIN.KEY" is...)
    @Luke93 Can you try the attached binary? It has been compiled specifically for modern x86_64 macOS architectures.
    edited March 2020
    argent77 wrote: »

@Luke93 Can you try the attached binary? It has been compiled specifically for modern x86_64 macOS architectures.

Now the folder is there but I still get that message...
    Files read from disk: 2
    Archive size: 10822622 bytes (11 MiB)
    Everything is Ok
    /bin/sh: DlcBuilder/tools/centralfix/osx/centralfix: Bad CPU type in executable

Cleaning up temporary data...
    Creating 1 directory
    Copying 1 file ...

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED      Build DLC archive -> Install DLC as *.mod in "workshop" folder (recommended)

Press ENTER to exit.

Do you need ".debug" file?
    Try the latest beta of the mod (v4.0-beta4). It doesn't require centralfix anymore.
    edited March 2020
    Try the latest beta of the mod (v4.0-beta4). It doesn't require centralfix anymore.

Yes, I didn't get that message now, but the process took way longer to complete (probably because of the existing SoD DLC, but I'm not sure...)
    Moreover:
    1. You might want to use "chmod 755" (instead of "chmod +x") to indicate that a certain text file is executable (I'm talking about this line "chmod 755 ../../replace::tool_binary::replace && \" in "run.sh"). More info here.
    2. You might want to update WeiDU executable from v242 to v246 – from the Terminal window:
      [../../DlcBuilder/tools/weidu/osx/weidu] WeiDU version 24200

Yes, I didn't get that message now, but the process took way longer to complete (probably because of the existing SoD DLC, but I'm not sure...)
    Version 4 of the mod does a bit more than v3 to reduce the chance of missing files.
    1. You might want to use "chmod 755" (instead of "chmod +x") to indicate that a certain text file is executable. More info here.
    I can do that. Although in most situations there shouldn't be a difference between the two calls.
    2. You might want to update WeiDU executable from v242 to v246
    Beta4 is still from 2017 with outdated binaries. Next release will contain latest WeiDU executable.
    edited March 2020
    I can do that. Although in most situations there shouldn't be a difference between the two calls.

Due to the latest Apple security policies (I guess), if you use "chmod +x", the user is forced to abort (Quit) the installation (sample error message: ~"WeiDU" was blocked from opening because it is not from an identified developer~), navigate to the Security panel and click on "Open Anyway". After that, the user must restart installation.
    argent77
    @JuliusBorisov

Please, could you ask the dev team if the iOS version of the game supports DLC archives?
    StummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisov