Skip to content

Temple of Elemental Evil

AronAron Member Posts: 94
Greetings fellow friends!
I am nowdays playing ToEE. I must say I enjoy it very much! Combat system seem to be working very well. Has a very nice feel to it, and tasks and quests is fairly difficult to find out so its really enjoyable when you do progress.

Would there be any hope that it might come out a ToEE EE? I think it could have been incredeble to see this game as an Enhanced Edition? Fixed those bugs that is, improved a few small things here and there. Maybe an optional 6th party member?

What is your thoughts guys? Beamdog developers, please consider this.

With friendly regards

Tom Fjellheim

Comments

• AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    I support the idea - it would be lovely. The game has a good potential, even for the PnP sequel.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    How about ToEE in Infinity Engine? Take my money now Beamdog!
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938

There has been some great mods for TOEE already, from CO8, to Temple+ to the whole new campaign Keep on the Borderlands, all of which I would highly recommend. Temple+ gives access to prestige classes that were not implemented in any other 3E game like the Mystic Theurge, so I can't play without it anymore.

TOEE is the most faithful to PnP of any DnD game and it's one of my all time favorites, the only thing I wish were enhanced were 3D models. Just enlarge em a bit and the game would be perfect.

@WarChiefZeke Keep on the Borderlands with the Caves of Chaos? Maybe I need to check out ToEE after all. That is still my favorite PnP D&D module since it came out in '79. B)
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    Zaghoul said:

There has been some great mods for TOEE already, from CO8, to Temple+ to the whole new campaign Keep on the Borderlands, all of which I would highly recommend. Temple+ gives access to prestige classes that were not implemented in any other 3E game like the Mystic Theurge, so I can't play without it anymore.

TOEE is the most faithful to PnP of any DnD game and it's one of my all time favorites, the only thing I wish were enhanced were 3D models. Just enlarge em a bit and the game would be perfect.

@WarChiefZeke Keep on the Borderlands with the Caves of Chaos? Maybe I need to check out ToEE after all. That is still my favorite PnP D&D module since it came out in '79. B)
    Yep, it's based on that very campaign Caves of Chaos and all.
  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308
    I've been wondering about getting ToEE myself, but looking at some gameplay videos leaves me with serious concerns. The ridiculously slow and frustrating turn-based combat makes me want to pull my hair out.
  • AronAron Member Posts: 94
    Thats the thing with me. I might be old fashion or something, but i love this slow combat system. Taking myself good time to make every decison about their moves. Speculating and relaxing. :)
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I'm personally not a fan of grid based, positioning, turn based combat. Give me real time with pause, two people standing across from each other and smacking each other in turn, or just make it an action game.
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    The slow combat is just fine when your party of 6 is surrounded by dozens of enemies and you need to make the most out of every movement and turn to avoid/maximize AOE's and attacks of opportunity.

When chasing down turned and fleeing zombies turns into a 15 minute slog, you begin to hate the devs for not having a speed up feature.

• kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308

The slow combat is just fine when your party of 6 is surrounded by dozens of enemies and you need to make the most out of every movement and turn to avoid/maximize AOE's and attacks of opportunity.

When chasing down turned and fleeing zombies turns into a 15 minute slog, you begin to hate the devs for not having a speed up feature.

In the former instance, that what the P in RTwP is for. :wink: It seems to work just fine for me. However, it is the latter instance and a whole bunch of other similar situations, which tend to constitute the majority of combat situations, that I find extremely annoying in TB combat.