Skip to content

[MOD LIST] Lava's released EE mods

Comments

• ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Is there any particular reason Viconia revamped changes on class are possible only on ee @argent77 ?
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    Arthas said:

Is there any particular reason Viconia revamped changes on class are possible only on ee @argent77 ?

Not all kit variants are supported by the classic games (e.g. Shadowdancer). They are skipped when a classic game is detected. The Darkcloak/Nightcloak variants are only available if you installed the respective components of Faiths and Powers or Deities of Faerun. Everything else should work fine for all games supported by the mod.

Btw, there is a long-standing bug (in both classic and EE games until patch 2.3) which gives characters the special abilities of the inactive class or kit for a dualclassed character when they join the party. There is nothing that can be done about it. It seems to be fixed in EE patch 2.5 though.
    edited August 2018
    ah kk, so it is not a EE only feature, just a feature that expresses his maximum potential on ee.

By the way, do the inactive class abilities sum on top of each other when you regain the old class, or not?
    Post edited by Arthas on
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    edited August 2018
    Arthas said:

By the way, do the inactive class abilities sum on top of each other when you regain the old class, or not?

They sum up. But I think you can reset her abilities by a kick out/rejoin cycle (after original class/kit became active again).
  • hybridialhybridial Member Posts: 291
    I've checked it out and it appears to have worked. She has a proficiency in clubs and is equipped with one, but I have to say I'd like it more if she still used Maces, although granted I use the component from Tweaks Anthology that make thief blade weapons open to Clerics.

Also it erroneously lists the Club proficiency under fighting styles on the character record. EEkeeper can fix the issue, but I felt it worth bringing up, maybe have an option for where to put her starting proficiencies?

Otherwise, thank you so much for this mod. I really wanted something that made Viconia more interesting because I seem unable to run a party without her :blush:

Especially for BG2 where she could cover some thief stuff opening more options there.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    @hybridial I'm pretty sure the 'club bug' is fixed in V2.5, and gets listed in the newest version under 'skills' instead of styles.
    ThacoBell
  • haanshaans Member Posts: 4
    @LavaDelVortel You are such an awesome person! Thank You so much for bringing this amazing tweak back! I am greatly appreciated!
    something goes wrong... :C Is it supposed to work on MacOS? 2.5.16.6 version BG2EE
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,678
    edited August 2018
    Hi! Thanks! But this update is mostly Argent's magic :) I also saw your report here:

Hi there! Is anybody knows whats wrong? La'Viconia worked fine for me. I am using BG2EE 2.5.16.6. MacOS High Sierra 10.13

this is what WeiDU launcher says:

[./setup-ViconiaRevamped] WeiDU version 24200

In state 108, I expected one of these tokens:

[361] AUTHOR

Parse error (state 108) at ~~

[VICONIAREVAMPED/SETUP-VICONIAREVAMPED.TP2] PARSE ERROR at line 2 column 1-7

Near Text: SUPPORT

GLR parse error

[VICONIAREVAMPED/SETUP-VICONIAREVAMPED.TP2] ERROR at line 2 column 1-7

Near Text: SUPPORT

Parsing.Parse_error

ERROR: parsing [VICONIAREVAMPED/SETUP-VICONIAREVAMPED.TP2]: Parsing.Parse_error

ERROR: problem parsing TP file [VICONIAREVAMPED/SETUP-VICONIAREVAMPED.TP2]: Parsing.Parse_error

FATAL ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error

I have like 0 experience with MacOS, so we may need @argent77 here again :) Also let's get this back to SHS as the main post is there. Argent77, let's take it there, ok?
  • StefanOStefanO Member Posts: 346
    Using WeiDu v246 on a Mac the Viconia Revamped mod installs just fine. Perhaps the used v242 is too old?!? Either that, or the mod package isn't complete.
    Thank You guys so much! Everything works fine with new WeiDu for MacOS ^^
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    edited October 2018
    EDIT: OK, sorry, totally missed that the problem is already solved. :D
    My offer for a new mod package stands, though.

----
    haans said:

something goes wrong... :C Is it supposed to work on MacOS? 2.5.16.6 version BG2EE

[./setup-ViconiaRevamped] WeiDU version 24200

Here is your problem. The SUPPORT tag is a newer feature and only supported since weidu v244 or so (current version is v246).

Take a current weidu from here, rename it to setup-ViconiaRevamped, replace the existing one and try again (I'm not firm with installation to OSX so maybe you need to do something else, but the installer version is definitely the problem.)

In case the mod ships with this installer for OSX this should be updated. I could pack OSX version with current installer by using the nifty G3 mod package tool, in case there is interest.

Any chance of Varshoon for EET?

Beside, a few conversation with Foundling would be great :)
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    edited May 2019
    A tiny suggestion for ISNF -
    wouldn't it be nice if Gorion's apparition had GorionS.bmp assigned as a portrait, to bring it to the same standard other mods such as Turnabout or Reunion use for Gorion? :)
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
    Sorry, but no.
    Original Gorion doesn't have a portrait and the mods I offer are already a bit different to OC and I would rather not make the gap even bigger.

Also please, use spoiler tag as many still never played ISNF and the appearance of the mentioned character is like a surprise. @Isewein or @JuliusBorisov - may one of you insert spoler tag after the mod name?
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Added.
    LavaDelVortel
    edited May 2019
    @JuliusBorisov Thank you! :)
    JuliusBorisov
    edited May 2019
    Sorry about the Spoiler tag! The way those other mods handle it is to simply link gorions.bmp to the CRE. So if the player has any sort of portrait for Gorion installed under that name, this will make sure it shows up in all mods in which he appears. If the player doesn't, however, the portrait simply won't show up as it did not exist in the original game. So nothing is lost; if no portrait mod is installed everything will remain as it is now.
    I've read your opinion here: http://www.shsforums.net/topic/60422-some-minor-bug-reports/?p=606311

Care to elaborate it further, please?

Hello, may I ask if you are still working on the tangled oak?
    Holy moly. Thanks for the information, I'm happy to hear that :D
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    That's pretty amazing news, Lava! All the best and I hope you continue to enjoy the creative process!
    Yes, but there is still a lot to do. There are times of the year when I need to slow down. The mod is not dead and I made some progress like a week ago, but remember that even once I'm done, my mods need proofreading as English isn't my mother tongue.
    [Deleted User]StummvonBordwehrIseweinGusinda
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    jastey
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    @LavaDelVortel do Foundling and Ivette have interjections regarding your other mods? Do they banter among each other, including skie's?
    Also, how big are the XP rewards in your area/quest mods ?
    @DJKajuru - to enjoy the crossmod talks, you may need to install G3 Crossmod Banter Pack:
    https://gibberlings3.github.io/Documentation/readmes/readme-crossmodbg2.html
    Note that Skie in there isn't the new Skie mod, but the old one which is horrible and was replaced with my new take on that character. Skie: The Cost (...) includes banters with many NPCs, but they are only installed if other mods are detected, so remember to install Skie as one of the last mods.

As for XP... well, that depends. The newer mods are probably better balanced when it comes to such things (Southern Edge, Ooze's Lounge), I tried to balance Innershade a bit more some time ago, but Colours of Infinity were written when I was a bit less experienced, so some stuff may seem less balanced in those mods. But even those shouldn't be like totally terrible in the balance/XP gain.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    @DJKajuru - to enjoy the crossmod talks, you may need to install G3 Crossmod Banter Pack:
    https://gibberlings3.github.io/Documentation/readmes/readme-crossmodbg2.html
    Note that Skie in there isn't the new Skie mod, but the old one which is horrible and was replaced with my new take on that character. Skie: The Cost (...) includes banters with many NPCs, but they are only installed if other mods are detected, so remember to install Skie as one of the last mods.

As for XP... well, that depends. The newer mods are probably better balanced when it comes to such things (Southern Edge, Ooze's Lounge), I tried to balance Innershade a bit more some time ago, but Colours of Infinity were written when I was a bit less experienced, so some stuff may seem less balanced in those mods. But even those shouldn't be like totally terrible in the balance/XP gain.

Thank you! I think I'll start with foundling before moving further to other Color's mods. I've heard good things about it =D
    @DJKajuru
    Have fun! Foundling is a bit different to other CoI mods as the new quest requires him in the team. Innershade, Tales and I Shall Never Forget are pure quest mods, without new NPCs. Yvette is a pure romance mod + NPC (she will stay in the team only if romanced, so I guess you may count Yvette as a mod only for those that want romantic content specifically). If you want to play CoI mods, I advice to combine them as they follow the same unusual themes (Colours, dreams, melancholia).

And if you want to see new stuff in Athkatla, then Athkatlan Grounds is your series (Ooze's Lounge and Southern Edge... there will be a 3rd mod, but it's still in development).
    Ludwig_IIDJKajuru