Skip to content

Fighter less party is hard ?

I never play iwd without fighters. How hard will be it in core ? My plan is sorcerer, druid, cleric may be a shaman, a bard or mage/thief or a thief kit. What do you think ?

Comments

• bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    not very hard, but get that cleric ready to do some heavy lifting
  • DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 951
    Hm, a totemic druid or shapeshifter better in this case than vanilla druid ?
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Well they both offer opportunities for tanking a bit, but I think the summons are probably better overall than the werewolf since that get you free actions from the druid themselves to do some casting as well while the summons tank. The cleric can also summon some bones to tank for you, but would probably still benefit from acting also as tank themselves with maxed out AC from heavy plate and shield etc while your squishies stand in the back firing spells and projectiles. The avenger is a good option as well since the get web as a spell and that's an excellent spell for locking down mobs and fire from a far. I have never played shaman really so can't speak for how effective their spirit summoning would be in IWD.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Usually I don't have the patience to play a fighterless party due to the lack of APR, what can make some fights really long and boring.

I just started doing this kind of party with Deities of Faerun, using some warrior-ish deities that conceive extra APR.
    StummvonBordwehr
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    apr is more important for groups of enemies with larger hitpoint pools. in core iwd, enemies (except some, and except in HoW) don't have a lot of hit points and it's more important to hit hard and accurately, and that's not a problem with spells and cleric buffs. for example, great casting capacity might make dragon's eye easier even without any warriors (only if you "abuse" resting though...)
  • BubblesBubbles Member Posts: 589
    A highly spell based party is going to test the player's patience ^^
    Personally, I tried to be patient but sometime into the game it always ran out :(
  • Yulaw9460Yulaw9460 Member Posts: 634
    edited November 2018
    Deleted.
    Post edited by Yulaw9460 on
    StummvonBordwehrSkatan