Skip to content

Games missing

2»

Comments

• MaxAraderMaxArader Member Posts: 17
    With new support_settings.json it can't start at all:

Well, that's what I expected - Роспотребнадзор (this is the Russian government censor) included Amazon's IPs in its black list.
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Do you know, if this is Internet service provider (ISP) specific for you, or it already happens under every provider there?
    edited November 2017
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Ouch!

Your option is to send an email to support@beamdog.com and ask for the Steam key.

I don't even know what to say.
  • ScottBrooksScottBrooks Member Posts: 687
    Can you try the following URLS and let me know if these work?

This one should fail
    https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/bdexp/clientMetadata/productList.json

Does this one work?
    https://bdexp.s3.amazonaws.com/clientMetadata/productList.json
    JuliusBorisov

Can you try the following URLS and let me know if these work?

This one should fail
    https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/bdexp/clientMetadata/productList.json

Does this one work?
    https://bdexp.s3.amazonaws.com/clientMetadata/productList.json

The second link works.
  • PhenomenPhenomen Member Posts: 33
    edited November 2017
    Same here. Game list is empty. Second link works, first one is blocked.

PS: I was able to load game list using VPN but still it's not great solution.
    Post edited by Phenomen on
  • alboyalboy Member Posts: 59
    I just checked and the client is still 2.1.3, it has been a year now and the Client has still not been fixed!
    @alboy I thought the workaround had worked for you. Do you have a new problem?
    The workaround does work for me but is there any reason why this can not be fixed?, it worked fine in the previous edition for me. As i said, it has been a year now since i reported this, i am sure i am not the only one who has this problem. As it is the first thing people download and then one of your games to find it does not work some people will just give up trying and surely you must of lost customers because of it, which i am sure you do not want to happen.
    JuliusBorisov
    You have a point, of course, but the team is small and there're a lot of things to work on.
    I just downloaded the new Client 2.1.8 and can not believe you still have not fixed this. As l had no games on the go at the moment l uninstalled the old version hoping that the new one would work but after installing the latest version l clicked Remember me and Log me in automatically and l end up with no games listed again. Why has this not been fixed, l first informed you in May 2017, that is over a year ago!
    @alboy Thanks again for your feedback, we understand the issue is important for you.

Beamdog are a small team, and time resources might not always be available for everything we want to address.
    Thank you Beamdog.
    The latest update for the Beamdog client 2.1.9 seems to have corrected the problem.
    JuliusBorisov
    Good to hear!
    Beamdog Client 2.1.9 has been working fine since l installed it, today l load it up and what do l get, no games listed again. What is going on?
    No idea. Please report the issue at support.baldursgate.com with all the details, and pre-history, so that our QA could help you.
    Sorry, did you tell me the correct support?
    alboy said:

Sorry, did you tell me the correct support?

Yes. This is (at least it sounds like) a bug with the Client, and we have a section for the Client bugs: https://support.baldursgate.com/projects/beamdog-client-public-bugs
    This site did not except my email or password, l also tried asking for password but it would not send?
    Have you registered there? It's a separate site (from the forum).
    Thanks. It has been working fine the last 2 days so l will contact them if the problem comes back.
    JuliusBorisov
    Yes, please. As it looks like an ever-evasive issue.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @JuliusBorisov I am trying to download the games I beta tested from Beamdog to a new computer, and I have the BG beta show up, but when I try to dl it, it tells me I have to have the original game to download it. BG2 is also missing (I beta tested both games).
    @LadyRhian What client do you use? Can you provide a screenshot? Make sure you use the Beamdog Client (which you can download on Beamdog.com).