Skip to content

Your favourite playable races

13»

Comments

• ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    scriver said:

This still goes for me:

scriver said:

In seriousness, I wouldn't be able to decide between humans, halflings, half-orcs and (pre-4e-) tieflings. But when I doubt, I always go halfling.

I do have a huge boner for planetouched races of all kinds though. Except 4-5th ed tieflings, because I am still a tiefling hipster ;)

(Also I still dislike Dragonborn to 200% and also everything else that came out of Dragonlance, particularly Kender, of course, they should just be put in a box in a closet and forgotten about for all time (and 5th ed had the audacity to claim that Kender is just Dragonlance halflings, I will never forgive them for this crime))
    Why do you hate Kenders so much?

Dragonlance gave us Draconians and Lord Soth.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Draconians = Dragonborn

Because they are pure distilled awful and everything wrong with the world. They eat baby tears and fart genocide.

scriver said:

Draconians = Dragonborn

Because they are pure distilled awful and everything wrong with the world. They eat baby tears and fart genocide.

I thought they were originally supposed to be a quirky, kleptomaniac version of halflings.

I still like them and Dragonborns too. Don't care much about edgy haters.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    edited September 2018
    Heh, I had missed this thread back in the day. I seem to recall I voted in a similar thread a long time ago and said tiefling back then, but that was a short crush I had on them for being "snowflakey". At the end of the day I always return to dwarves, no matter what game or which setting. It's my go-to race of choice if I don't have a particular character concept in mind. Over time I have created several versions of "Me" in games, and also over time, those have all been refined into dwarf characters. So dwarf it is.

The idea of half-celestial or part dragon has become more and more inthinkable for. It's too much and instead of adding flavour to a character, I feel it dimishes it since instead of creating interesting traits for a character, the "unique" race does it for you.

No offense intended to anyone liking these more extreme races, but as I grow older I realize I'm also going more and more old-school.

Since I tend to joke around about magpies I do like the idea of aarocokra/kenku/tengu (I don't really know the difference) but I have never played any of course. I have save a ton of cool pics from pinterest though that I could use if they are ever a playable race in a game.

Edit: Not aaracokra then since it's the crow based race I meant, so kenku/tengu. I guess ifferent race in different setting, but don't know which is which. I think Kenku is FR 5E or so, but my knowledge is superficial at best. Thanks @ShapiroKeatsDarkMage for the heads-up below.
    Post edited by Skatan on
    [Deleted User]ThacoBellStummvonBordwehr
    Skatan said:

Heh, I had missed this thread back in the day. I seem to recall I voted in a similar thread a long time ago and said tiefling back then, but that was a short crush I had on them for being "snowflakey". At the end of the day I always return to dwarves, no matter what game or which setting. It's my go-to race of choice if I don't have a particular character concept in mind. Over time I have created several versions of "Me" in games, and also over time, those have all been refined into dwarf characters. So dwarf it is.

The idea of half-celestial or part dragon has become more and more inthinkable for. It's too much and instead of adding flavour to a character, I feel it dimishes it since instead of creating interesting traits for a character, the "unique" race does it for you.

No offense intended to anyone liking these more extreme races, but as I grow older I realize I'm also going more and more old-school.

Since I tend to joke around about magpies I do like the idea of aarocokra/kenku/tengu (I don't really know the difference) but I have never played any of course. I have save a ton of cool pics from pinterest though that I could use if they are ever a playable race in a game.

Aarakocra are Eagles and Kenku are crows.
    SkatanThacoBell
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Skatan
    Shandyr said:

Neverwinter Nights?
    [Deleted User]
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    ShapiroKeatsDarkMageSkatan
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Thanks for the heads-up mate!
    [Deleted User]
  • Yulaw9460Yulaw9460 Member Posts: 634
    edited November 2018
    Deleted.
    Post edited by Yulaw9460 on
    Yulaw9460 said:

BillyYank said:

A big green tank.

I almost always play him as a straight up fighter and I like to have an INT of at least 12 or 13, so don't expect a big, dumb brick.

:p

I always give my fighters 12 or 13 int.
    LadyRhian
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Yulaw9460 said:

BillyYank said:

A big green tank.

I almost always play him as a straight up fighter and I like to have an INT of at least 12 or 13, so don't expect a big, dumb brick.

:p

Wow, that post was nearly two years old. I think that's a record for me.
  • Yulaw9460Yulaw9460 Member Posts: 634
    edited November 2018
    Deleted.
    Post edited by Yulaw9460 on