Skip to content

Nwn coming to Android!!!!

StaranStaran Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 295
But I haven’t owned an android tablet in forever.

The plans they mentioned in the livestream look interesting.

I didn’t hear the word IOS, though.

I don’t see it possible but is it in the cards?
JuliusBorisovpscytheDordledum

Comments

• pscythepscythe Member Posts: 116
    Staran said:

But I haven’t owned an android tablet in forever.

The plans they mentioned in the livestream look interesting.

Perfect excuse to get an Android Tablet now. :smile:

Any ETAs or such?
  • raz651raz651 Member Posts: 175
    So the answer to iOS is the middle finger of Dan? :p
    pscytheTarotRedhand
  • fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
    Neverwinter on Android is like heaven on earth! I just hope that we do not have to buy all Deluxe Edition modules all over again.
    HunterRayder93
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Staran said:

We haven’t officially announced Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition for iOS devices. We have to make NWN:EE 64-bit compliant first. After that hurdle, NWN:EE on iOS becomes a possibility.
    http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/07/july-6-livestream-recap.html

StummvonBordwehrdunahan
  • StaranStaran Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 295
    Thank you Julius.

The toolset probably isn’t going to be included, I guess. Programming on touch screen is a little too inconvenient.

And it is going to be a while for 64 bit
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Nice. So this is coming sooner than the iOS version due to the 64 bit feature.
  • SkipBittmanSkipBittman Member Posts: 146
    edited September 2018
    Since you guys are working on the UI and such right now, how about including support for wider aspect ratios for those of us with such gear? Bit annoying playing Icewind Dale EE now with black bars on the sides exactly where the buttons could be. Or is it already in?
    GM_ODA
  • TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 331
    This is making my mouth water, drool <3
    JuliusBorisovGM_ODA[Deleted User]

Since you guys are working on the UI and such right now, how about including support for wider aspect ratios for those of us with such gear? Bit annoying playing Icewind Dale EE now with black bars on the sides exactly where the buttons could be. Or is it already in?

During livestreams it's been mentioned the support for many different aspect ratios is in the works.
    GM_ODA
    What kind of android tablet are they using in the livestreams/to test?
    Not knowing anything about android tablets, I am just wondering about possible system requirements
    NWN:EE will be available not only on tablets, but phones as well!

StummvonBordwehr
  • myshaqmyshaq Member Posts: 18
    Nice! Now just change NWN to turn based, add full party control and this will be my first phone game!
    Kranyum

NWN:EE will be available not only on tablets, but phones as well!

Well, “phones as well” isn’t much of a selling point for me since I would need a magnifying glass as well.
    I was just wondering the hardware that was required to tun it on an android to see what it would be able to run on IOS. I was expecting it to be hardware intensive.
    It doesn’t seem to be.

Big question,
    Will console commands be allowed?
    fetito666
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    @myshaq said
    Nice! Now just change NWN to turn based, add full party control and this will be my first phone game!

And it will no longer be NwN. Actually NwN on the PC has a sort of pseudo turn based system in that you can hit the spacebar at any time to pause the game and issue orders.

TR
    superfly2000
  • myshaqmyshaq Member Posts: 18

@myshaq said

And it will no longer be NwN. Actually NwN on the PC has a sort of pseudo turn based system in that you can hit the spacebar at any time to pause the game and issue orders.

TR
    Ah, yes, the famous 'you can pause at any time, so it's like turn based, but better!' crap.
    And yes, that would change NWN, it would actually make it playable on phones.
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    I don't know if you are kidding. Don't expect NWN to be converted to turn based. That would NEVER happen. Wait for TOEE port instead.

I hope there would be an official workaround for iOS modding/modules.
    fetito666TarotRedhand
  • SkipBittmanSkipBittman Member Posts: 146
    What a tedious thing to prattle on about. It's a ridiculous thing to expect to be implemented into an old game, it would change everything about it and break countless features.
    TarotRedhand
    Just keep on casting timestop
  • bladeshriekbladeshriek Member Posts: 16
    I think it's a stretch to make NWN fully turn-based; it was never designed for that and would require significant development time.

However- I do both acknowledge and agree with the concerns about the usability of this game on mobile devices. Correct me otherwise but Infinity engine games like Baldur's Gate include auto-pause functionality for encounters and combat events.

It may be beneficial for Beamdog to implement auto-pause functionality in Neverwinter Nights EE before releasing on mobile platforms, and to default those settings as enabled on such devices. This isn't going to be an easy game to play on tablets and phones; it's fairly complicated, just like BG and IWD but less so. I make heavy use of auto-pause on enemy sighted in BG and IWD and I could imagine this functionality being practical for mobile players in Neverwinter Nights- especially for newcomers to the genre. To be clear, multiplayer is the gem of Neverwinter Nights but many new users are probably going to familiarize themselves by playing the OC and premium content.
    Please create a new thread for the turn-based discussion.

As for the party control, please use https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/71679/the-full-control-of-ai-party-summons-henchman-companions-and-familiars-card-discussion

@Staran - not sure if you've seen:

We’ll make sure Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition on mobile runs on the most modern devices. During the livestreams, we showed off the game on NVidia Shield and Samsung S8. Luke used the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 at the Edmonton Expo.

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/09/september-28-livestream-recap.html

Please create a new thread for the turn-based discussion.

As for the party control, please use https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/71679/the-full-control-of-ai-party-summons-henchman-companions-and-familiars-card-discussion

@Staran - not sure if you've seen:

We’ll make sure Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition on mobile runs on the most modern devices. During the livestreams, we showed off the game on NVidia Shield and Samsung S8. Luke used the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 at the Edmonton Expo.

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/09/september-28-livestream-recap.html

I did see that last week. Very promising. Those are not high end tablets and it can go on any iOS tablet made in the last 3 years.

But he also said what I expected all along which was there was not going to be a toolset in the mobile version. Makes sense.
    So you need a pc to create a module.
    But where do you put it to play on mobile?
    Nwsync? But Nwsync is a database of pc modules and such.
    Is nwsync a way of bringing your modules over to android and iOS?
    Is it multi platform and have the same entries?
    JuliusBorisovanastiel
  • DordledumDordledum Member Posts: 243
    Any ETA for NWN EE on Google Play? Would love this on a Chromebook.
  • JaegerBearJaegerBear Member Posts: 3
    I believe they said the Beta would be going live this week, so long as there aren't any problems. I can hardly wait myself
  • anastielanastiel Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 246
    have link for pre buy? in android?
  • zordren3742zordren3742 Member Posts: 207
    Just got a email from beamdog, the beta has started.
  • fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
    @JuliusBorisov Will we get a beta batch for this forum for NW:EE for Android if we buy it on Google Play?
This discussion has been closed.