Skip to content

Bug with Cleric/Thieves and innate abilities

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 207
edited May 2018 in Troubleshooting
You can replicate this issue like this:

- Create a cleric/thief in BGII.
- Use console commands to add 8 million XP. Level up.
- Add one of each high-level ability.
- Click on innate abilities and check if you have all the abilities.

Some innate abilities will not appear in the list. It seems that Cleric/Thieves with a high number of innate abilities will have this issue. I suspect it's because of the Thieving button within Innate Abilities messing with that.

The abilities that disappeared will reappear after you use a few of the other usable abilities.

I thought I found a workaround, when I added another innate ability that started with the Z letter (I thought it had something to do with the name of the abilities), using EEKeeper. That ability that I added didn't appear in innate abilities, but the one that disappeared before doing that, reappeared. However in later levels when another innate ability was added to my character, the one that I added reappeared again, and the one that was added did not appear.

So yeah, something is wrong with the Thieving button there, it seems at least ONE innate ability will not appear in the list.

Comments

• Looks like I'm able to keep working around it by removing the ability that used to be there to fix the issue, loading that save, saving again, and re-adding it again. I'm not sure why, I think it has to do with the ability that I add being the last on the list.
  • Sorry, I meant to write this in the Troubleshooting section. Maybe an admin could fix that?
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286

Sorry, I meant to write this in the Troubleshooting section. Maybe an admin could fix that?

I moved the thread to Troubleshooting forum.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 207
    edited May 2018
    Never mind, the problem is unavoidable in Cleric/Thieves. After using a number of innate abilities, some other abilities may disappear for no clear reason. I think that thieving button inside the innate abilities button must be screwing something up. It only happens with Cleric/Thieves.

Hope the developers can fix that some day. Maybe you should be aware of this, @Gate70
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    @HalfCelestial Please, report this problem with a repro-case on support.baldursgate.com (as you seem to get the knack of understanding the issue).
    edited July 2018
    I did it: https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/37960

Here's hoping it gets addressed soon. I included there a save where you can see for yourselves the problem.
    edited September 2018
    Since there's no telling when the next update is going to be (which will fix this issue), in case anyone is interested, you can fix this problem on your own easily with NearInfinity by changing the Spell Location of innate abilities to Spell Slots, or by making a copy of the same spell with that change, if the innate ability you want is shared with other classes (thus preventing any problems with NPCs that use the same ability).

This bypasses the problem of disappearing innate abilities by making them part of your spell list (without using spell slots).