Skip to content

[SOLVED] BG2 EE - Imported Game - Protagonist Voice Kit Bug

KougaKouga Member Posts: 83
edited August 2016 in Troubleshooting
Today I decided to import my SoD final save into BG2 EE. This save concerns a single protagonist character that I made in BG1EE with the voice "Female: Scholary" (One of the new ones added in EE). After Irenicus' cutscene, Imoen picks me up and I'm free to explore at my leisure.

Much to my surprise however, when I pressed my protagonist I starting hearing Imoen's voice. Not Imoen's voice kit, but a conversation of Imoen with Korgan as I could descern from the sentences. Every time I clicked my protagonist, I could hear a new line of the conversation (Only Imoen's lines), until it started over in the exact same order. This is not the voice kit of my protagonist obviously.

When I went into my character's info screen in-game (With all the stats, reputation, etc) I clicked the customize button to switch to my original voice kit. Again much to my surprise, only the 4 BG2 vanilla voice kits where available, not the EE ones. Therefore I think it must've somehow picked a conversation as my voice kit, because it didn't recognize it.

I don't know why my BG2EE doesn't have the new voice kits. I just installed it today. Does anyone have a clue or any suggestion?

With kind regards.
Post edited by Kouga on

Comments

• KougaKouga Member Posts: 83
    edited August 2016
    Orginally I had the game from the beamdog website. I reinstalled the game on Steam this time, but it has exactly the same issue.

I'm running on version 2.3.67.3, I do not seem to have any way of updating. Neither did I on the Beamdog version. The menu screen of the game is also rather small on my 24 inch monitor. The sides are just black. In-game it's fine. I don't have this issue either with BG1EE and SoD.

Update: I just double checked, all the voice kits that I can use in BG2EE are different than the ones from BG1EE. They're all from the original BG1 & BG2.
    Post edited by Kouga on
  • KougaKouga Member Posts: 83
    edited August 2016
    So I figured it out, both games use different voice kits. I don't know why, and it doesn't really matter. I went into the game folders, in the "lang" map the voice files can be found. After 2 hours I managed to slightly understand the stuff and to mix the voice packs of both games together. And it works, for BG1EE, SoD and BG2EE. So if anybody wants the folder, I could upload it as rar file with some instructions on where to put it.
    Post edited by Kouga on
  • ReyvikReyvik Member Posts: 4
    Hello,
    I just found your post and it seems that I have similiar issue. Can you instruct me about how to solve this problem?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @Reyvik To solve the problem with wrong dialogue strings, go to the Record Screen - Customize - Soundsets, and pick a new one.
    @JuliusBorisov The problem is that not only one single character has no voice but also all of the npcs
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Do you mean your custom (created) NPCs? BG:EE and BGII:EE have different Soundsets (due to legal reasons), so you'll have to pick a new voice for each of them.
    No, I meant original npcs. I have no mods or even custom portraits or soundsets. I saw few similiar posts concerning such issue and I think that the problem comes from newest patch. I might be wrong but in changelog there's an information about changes in localizations among which is mine (Polish)
    Tagging @Cahir here (as it involves the Polish translation).
    Reyvik