Skip to content

[Kit Pack] Deities of Faerûn - v 1.9.7.5.1 [53 Cleric Kits and more for IWD, BG(2)EE and EET]

Comments

• Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    edited September 2018
    It does add Will as an NPC to BG2EE.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    @Necromanx2 The Witchlight Shaman's bonus spells won't be counted, so Will shouldn't need any adjustments.
  • AnprionsaAnprionsa Member Posts: 106
    @Raduziel

Just a question about a recent install. Any concern with these warnings?

Line 532744: INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS Strongholds Alterings (by Kjeron) - Requires the respective kit component
    Line 532794: Yvette, the Heartwarder of Sune (Deities Of Faerun (New)) was installed with warnings.

The logs are linked here. http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=29544&page=5#entry262288
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Anprionsa said:

@Raduziel

Just a question about a recent install. Any concern with these warnings?

Line 532744: INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS Strongholds Alterings (by Kjeron) - Requires the respective kit component
    Line 532794: Yvette, the Heartwarder of Sune (Deities Of Faerun (New)) was installed with warnings.

The logs are linked here. http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=29544&page=5#entry262288

Hi, @Anprionsa

Are you using DoF's installer? This Yvette, the Heartwarder of Sune (Deities Of Faerun (New)) doesn't seem like something I would write. In fact my tra file just says Yvette, the Heartwarder of Sune. Have you downloaded it from a source that is not this forum?

And can you please provide the Setup-DeitiesofFaerun.DEBUG? You may change the end to txt or add it to a zip/7z/rar file. This file pinpoints why Weidu is giving a warning.

Thanks.
    @Raduziel

Yeah I did use an installer. EE Setup (it had a few more mods I've wanted to install).

Anprionsa said:

@Raduziel

Yeah I did use an installer. EE Setup (it had a few more mods I've wanted to install).

@Anprionsa I can see that you are using a lot of my mods. I'm flattered. :)

Your log says that the Yvette component installed fine
    SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED      Yvette, the Heartwarder of Sune
    Only the Stronghold component is giving a Warning, apparently. And I imagine that what is making the component produce this warning is this:
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1161 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash) -> Keep Class Restrictions: v5
    I'll study a little about how this EE Setup works. In the meantime, I'll tag @kjeron as he is the true mastermind behind this component.

---

Can you tell me how did you installed DoF? Installed a bunch of mods and them DoF, one by one? Used some automatic installer that gave DoF among other mods?

Because tweaks (like CDTweaks) should come after DoF. As a rule of thumb, you should install tweak mods as late as possible. If I understood your log correctly, DoF is being installed after CDTweaks.

Long story short, IDK if it is causing a problem, but I hate warnings. Will try to get back to you soon with a proper answer, but I'll need to ask around.

If you want to, try to install DoF -> CDTweaks (Multiple Strongholds) instead of CDTweaks -> DoF.
    DoF was installed somewhere in the middle of the pack, pretty close to Shadow Magic, Might & Guile. It was an automatic installer. CamDawg has mentioned that in the SCS thread over at Gibberling. I was unware of the need for the tweaks to be installed later, but that was the installer that was having this particular install order. I'm not sure exactly why it was done that way, but it was.

I was discussing this particular install here: http://baldursextendedworld.com/Vanilla_Forums/discussion/96/latest-ee-mod-setup-issues/p4
    @Raduziel

Also I love your mods so far. And I was VERY intrigued by DoF, I know that we have F&P, but this mod seemed more up my alley and was very excited to give it a try. Love your work!
    Raduziel said:

Only the Stronghold component is giving a Warning, apparently. And I imagine that what is making the component produce this warning is this:

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1161 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash) -> Keep Class Restrictions: v5
    One of the warnings is very likely this. Some of the Cleric's kits in DoF are given the Thief Stronghold, which this will most likely interfere with.

For the other warning I'm not sure what, if any, issues it may cause. It's related to the unseeing eye quest, the dialog path for those that already have a stronghold. Since the multiple stronghold component removes this restriction, it shouldn't cause issue.
    @Anprionsa Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it.

---

Ok, apparently DoF was uploaded to a package without my consent or knowledge.

The only reliable source to download DoF at this moment is this forum. As for all my other mods, either here or through Big World Setup. When I think it is time, DoF will be added to BWS for more convenience to those who want to play it.

In the meantime, DoF will have to be installed separately. Check the Readme as there you can find very specific instructions to avoid problems and get better crossmod compatibility.

Thanks.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • UOLegacyUOLegacy Member Posts: 153
    edited September 2018
    Sorry to hear that. I always download all of my mods directly from the author's GitHub, and also, it's good practice for myself to learn the install orders. I'll try and let other people know about this.
    Post edited by UOLegacy on
    Not a big deal, to be honest. The problem is when a bug pops up and I have no idea from where or why.

All my other mods were also added apparently, but they are done versions, so I really don't care. The more people playing it, the merrier.

The problem with DoF is that it is under construction - this is the reason why it is not in BWS. Being under construction is not something that goes well with mega-modding. To avoid issues for other players (and for myself) I'm keeping DoF off of those tools.

Once Phase 1 (cleric kits) is completed I'll ask for a push in BWS and may talk do Roxanne to go for it (and properly instruct her). Will do the same when I finish the other 2 phases (rangers/druids/shamans; paladins/monks).

To be honest, I'm kind of proud to know that DoF was selected to that tool. This "theft" usually happens only with beloved mods from awesome modders - what is not my case definitely.
  • southfla79southfla79 Member Posts: 214
    Just pointing out the tool pointed to your GitHub page. It was never hosted anywhere else

Just pointing out the tool pointed to your GitHub page. It was never hosted anywhere else

I know - that's how BWS works too. The modder provides a link to the manager of the tool and the tool takes the files from this source when being used.
    @Raduziel

Oh sorry I was unaware that it wasn't supposed to be in that installer! Kind of sad though because I did want to test it out in a larger install. I may still download it manually and install it like that if that's ok? I'll just pause my install and have it do it's thing. What do you think?
    @Raduziel

And just to ask, did you find any reasons for those warnings? Or were they relatively harmless?
    Anprionsa said:

@Raduziel

Oh sorry I was unaware that it wasn't supposed to be in that installer! Kind of sad though because I did want to test it out in a larger install. I may still download it manually and install it like that if that's ok? I'll just pause my install and have it do it's thing. What do you think?

No need to be sorry, it is not your fault. To be honest, I don't even blame Roxanne as I think her intentions are genuinely good.

The manual install is the proper way to install DoF in mega-modding/EET ATM. That's why I try to make the Readme as precise as possible, so people (and myself) won't make mistakes.

I could release DoF for BWS and BEW as it is now, but I don't feel secure to do it ATM as I have a lot of kits to be released. Probably at the end of this month, we'll have:

- Shaundakul

- Valkur

- Ulutiu

- Eldath

- Ibrandul (IWDEE-only)

And October will have a lot more (because I'll have time to do so and I've optimized DoF's production line in the last update).

So BWS/BEW's manager would have some problems updating DoF's data (especially because there are some components that are available only to some games) and people who install it in megamods will miss the next releases unless they make a reinstall - what may lead to bugs.

Maybe I'm being too overcautious, but I prefer to avoid issues for players (and for me).
    @Raduziel

Also, this is mostly a question about these future updates. Can I install the updates over the top of a new game? Or will I need to do another install with a new game?

Thanks.
    Anprionsa said:

@Raduziel

Also, this is mostly a question about these future updates. Can I install the updates over the top of a new game? Or will I need to do another install with a new game?

Thanks.

It is not recommended to do so, as may lead to problems unless DoF is the very last mod in your game (could cause string issues). Even in that situation, you may not be able to see the new effects in-game - what is not a big deal unless you want to play with one of the new kits, even in this scenario an AddKit console or EEKeeper may help you.

Long story short: it is always better to install mods only when starting a new game.
    I thought that may be the case. Regardless, I look forward to your updates on this mod, it's probably in my top most anticipated mods for completion.
    Anprionsa said:

I thought that may be the case. Regardless, I look forward to your updates on this mod, it's probably in my top most anticipated mods for completion.

Mom, is that you? :p
    When I go to create a Druid or a Cleric, I only get about 5 - 6 divine spells to choose from the character creation. I just wanted to confirm that this is correct.
    UOLegacy said:

When I go to create a Druid or a Cleric, I only get about 5 - 6 divine spells to choose from the character creation. I just wanted to confirm that this is correct.

CHARGEN forces you memorization spells before spells are granted by spheres, so those of the "All" sphere are left available for memorization, as they are the only ones given to every priest. There should be 1-3 for each level.
    Once you finish the "skills" section, you should see the rest of them listed under "Known Priest Spells".
    What he said.
    Okay. Thank you very much.
  • ScampDungScampDung Member Posts: 1
    So I've been having trouble with the Necrophant of Velsharoon. It's supposed to be available as a multiclass cleric/mage kit but whenever I select cleric/mage as any race it doesn't show up? The only way it's available to me is if I just do a human cleric single class.
    ScampDung said:

So I've been having trouble with the Necrophant of Velsharoon. It's supposed to be available as a multiclass cleric/mage kit but whenever I select cleric/mage as any race it doesn't show up? The only way it's available to me is if I just do a human cleric single class.

Not an issue. Velsharoon is only available to humans and humans can't multiclass. The only reason why I created the C/M version of this kit is because there are some popular tweaks that allows humans to multiclass.

By using one of those, you'll be able to make a Necrophant Cleric/Mage.

What can I do? TSR was stupid sometimes.
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    And if you are using the dual class to kit mod by Kjeron, you can dual from a mage to Velshroon (can't dual to a kit that doesn't allow the multiclass with the mod). So the multi-class does serve a purpose beyond the multi-class.

And if you are using the dual class to kit mod by Kjeron, you can dual from a mage to Velshroon (can't dual to a kit that doesn't allow the multiclass with the mod). So the multi-class does serve a purpose beyond the multi-class.

Yup, I forgot this big detail.