Skip to content

[Kit Pack] Deities of Faerûn - v 1.9.7.5.1 [53 Cleric Kits and more for IWD, BG(2)EE and EET]

Comments

• kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367

And if you are using the dual class to kit mod by Kjeron, you can dual from a mage to Velshroon (can't dual to a kit that doesn't allow the multiclass with the mod). So the multi-class does serve a purpose beyond the multi-class.

In that case it is still using the single-class kit. The files that allow dual-classing have separate entries for both kits. As far as kits go, Single-class kits work better for dual-classes than multiclass kits, despite most other aspects of the game detecting them as mutliclasses.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    kjeron said:

And if you are using the dual class to kit mod by Kjeron, you can dual from a mage to Velshroon (can't dual to a kit that doesn't allow the multiclass with the mod). So the multi-class does serve a purpose beyond the multi-class.

In that case it is still using the single-class kit. The files that allow dual-classing have separate entries for both kits. As far as kits go, Single-class kits work better for dual-classes than multiclass kits, despite most other aspects of the game detecting them as mutliclasses.
    I've double checked the files and indeed only the single class version of the kit is allowed to dual class (and IDK if @kjeron 's mod targets the single or multiclass version of the kit) - all the multiclass kits can't dual to anything.

But the tweak situation still stands. Probably when I was building the Necrophant my OCD stroke and made me do the CM version even if it would probably never be used.
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    edited September 2018
    What I meant was, I can only select a DoF priest as a second class only if the first and second class match a multi-class. For example, I cannot dual a Mage to Umberlee as Umberlee only allows Thf / Umberlee multi-class (confirmed this before posting).

EDIT: I am not saying it is using the multi-class kit, I am just saying the selection is limited to what multi-class allow.
    @Raduziel, how are the non-Evil nature deities coming along? Very excited about the 4 you listed.

Also, how is the little one? Sleeping through the night I hope. Once she sleeps through the night and up until she starts crawling is the honeymoon period. Once she starts crawling, it is non-stop keeping an eye on the little one. Hope you baby proofed the house already.
    @Necromanx2

They are going poorly. I've passed through a very stressful period and I'm reorganizing my mind to restart modding.

The house is not babyproofed, but it will be in time. I can't postpone it much longer because she is developing too quickly doing things that she shouldn't be doing with her age.

She sleeps ok, only wakes up once a night to be fed and that's it.
    Back to production.
  • AnprionsaAnprionsa Member Posts: 106
    Yay! Saw some updates pushed on GitHub, glad you've got everything more settled.
    Raduziel said:

Back to production.

YES!! Can't wait for the new kits.
  • fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 399
    Don't forget the dwarf cleric kits mate ;)
    fluke13 said:

Don't forget the dwarf cleric kits mate ;)

It will take a while.
    edited September 2018
    Shaundakul is ready! Valkur is next.

While I don't make the official release you may have a sneak peek here.
    Post edited by Raduziel on
    edited September 2018
    @Raduziel, tried out Shaundakul in BGEE. He has these spells even though his kit description does not have the sphere for the spells:
    1) Sunscorch - sun sphere
    2) Shillelagh - plant, creation spheres
    3) Sleep - moon sphere

EDIT: I EEKeepered his his XP to 250k and see he also has Thought sphere spells. Divination is suppose to be a minor sphere, but I have major access.

EDIT 2: I started a Myrkul priest in BGEE (I have all kits load in all games) and he has access to short bows even though he shouldn't.
    Post edited by Necromanx2 on
    @Necromanx2 I forgot to add the Shaundakul's parameters to the sphere's files. I was going to add all at once but decided for the sneak peek. Fixed.

Thanks for the heads up in Myrkul, pretty much everything about its weapon's restriction was wrong. Fixed.

@Raduziel I just had my priest of Shaundakul's in BGEE memorize the Identify spell and rest. I have a belt to identify, but it says I can't identify it (I don't have a spell memorized even though I do). I then went to BG2EE and tried as I have the version before you added Shaundakul and I have the same issue. Priests can't use the identify spell.
    @Necromanx2

DoF changes the way Identify works. You have to actually cast the spell, it will give you a Lore boost and allow you to identify stuff.

IIRC the new behavior is written on the spell's description. I think I should also add it to the Readme and the first post of this thread.
    Ah! Hard to break old habits.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

You know you can actually make a divine version of Identify that works like the arcane version. (Can't do an innate version though. :( )

I do know. Actually, @kjeron knows and showed me how. Even used it for a while in alpha tests but the code looks kind of fragile, so I took the safer and better for cross-modding approach.

I don't want to solve an issue I can avoid.
    Hello,

Just in case I'm banned you may find my Twitter in my profile's page. There you'll find a link to DoF's releases.

Cheers.
  • UOLegacyUOLegacy Member Posts: 153
    I love this mod, but after trying to install the newest version, I'm getting an error with the number of kits already installed. It says it cannot install some of these due to a 256 kit limit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Alrighty. I'm sure that I can look around and dismiss a few unneeded ones.

UOLegacy said:

I love this mod, but after trying to install the newest version, I'm getting an error with the number of kits already installed. It says it cannot install some of these due to a 256 kit limit.

That's the limit for these games, period, end of story.

I didn't even know there were enough EE-compatible mods to reach the limit! This is one of tbe bigger kitpacks and it only installs ~36. (FnP installs 74 :grimace: )

EDIT - not throwing shade, I just want to know what that weidu.log looks like :lol:
    With the multiclass kits there are way more than 36.
    edited October 2018
    Oh yeah, there are WAY over 36 mods here. You would be surprised how quickly they add up. I mean, sure the menu tends to dip down when looking at different kits, but you would never think in your wildest dreams that you could hit 256 kits. No way!
    How is Valkur coming along?

How is Valkur coming along?

Valkur should be ready tomorrow (04/10) and Ibrandul should be ready by Friday (05/10).

I'm working with Saturday as a deadline for this release.
    Yeah! Can't wait.
    Are things looking on track for a release today?

Are things looking on track for a release today?

Definitely not. My wife has the flu so I'm being a full-time dad.

I'll try to release at least Valkur today, but that is not a promise.
    I wish a speedy and complete recovery for your wife.